iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #4,621 of 9,047
Been having an issue with my iFi iDSD's sound cutting off randomly, usually when playing games.

They have a really irritating support system that requires me to login to an account on their webpage to reply to messages (and the said system goes down very often, like now). Whats wrong with the usual email I wonder.

Are you sure its not an OS problem (scheduler induced latency and failure of process to fill up buffers)?
I never had this issue with mine, and I use it every day.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #4,622 of 9,047
wrong thread..
redface.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #4,623 of 9,047

Hi,

Just of note, at the moment, the servers are moving over so the Support Ticket System is down. We apologise for the inconvenice but we are moving to a better, faster server. But once a customer has registered and opened a ticket, they just need to click on the bottom of the email to reply.This system 'logs' all replies so there is a tracking of conversations backwards and forwards and pdfs are ready to be sent out. It really does make for an easier life for all involved.

Cheers

If you system has 100% uptime maybe you could make an argument for it. Unfortunately, since the system is down, email is infinitely better. At least have a fall back system if the ticket system doesnt work!

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #4,624 of 9,047
I havr a q:

I am trying to pair iusb power with idsd to play on pc.

I am correct to assume that the right usb port (power and sound) connects to idsd and back port (type b on iusb goes to computer usb?)

thank you

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #4,625 of 9,047
I havr a q:

I am trying to pair iusb power with idsd to play on pc.

I am correct to assume that the right usb port (power and sound) connects to idsd and back port (type b on iusb goes to computer usb?)

thank you

Yes. How else could it possibly be?

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #4,627 of 9,047
Yes. How else could it possibly be?

ya, that's what I thought, except when I connect it, foobar2000 can't play it for some reason...  as if I have my wiring incorrect
idsd works well on its own.

I never had that problem with the iUSB Power and the iDSD. Try connecting the computer after you have powered up the iUSB Power and the iDSD. Also, test the cable that is connected to the computer to make sure it is working. Check foobar preferences to make sure the iDSD is still the selected device.

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #4,628 of 9,047
I never had that problem with the iUSB Power and the iDSD. Try connecting the computer after you have powered up the iUSB Power and the iDSD. Also, test the cable that is connected to the computer to make sure it is working. Check foobar preferences to make sure the iDSD is still the selected device.

I will

One thing I noticed is when I plugin idsd direct into usb, i hear new device prompt and it works20-30 seconds later. When I do same via iusb I hear no device prompt. I tested the cables and they work as I used adapter on idsd and connected male a to male b into computer direct

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #4,630 of 9,047
  Been having an issue with my iFi iDSD's sound cutting off randomly, usually when playing games.

They have a really irritating support system that requires me to login to an account on their webpage to reply to messages (and the said system goes down very often, like now). Whats wrong with the usual email I wonder.

I am having exactly the same issue. Can someone please suggest a solution it is becoming really annoying

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #4,633 of 9,047

Are you sure its not an OS problem (scheduler induced latency and failure of process to fill up buffers)?
I never had this issue with mine, and I use it every day.

How can I possibly know this? can you suggest a profiling tool or explain how to code something that checks against this? I diddnt have a problem for 6 months either.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #4,634 of 9,047
  How can I possibly know this? can you suggest a profiling tool or explain how to code something that checks against this? I diddnt have a problem for 6 months either.

Hi,

You can download a trial version of JRMC.

Install. Select > Help. Then > Benchmark.  Run the benchmark tests.

Should look something like this.

5.443 seconds
Score: 3491
JRMark (version 20.0.131): 3491=== Running Benchmarks (please do not interrupt) ===
Running 'Math' benchmark...
    Single-threaded integer math... 5.429 seconds
    Single-threaded floating point math... 3.589 seconds
    Multi-threaded integer math... 3.283 seconds
    Multi-threaded mixed math... 2.023 seconds
Score: 1327
Running 'Image' benchmark...
    Image creation / destruction... 0.525 seconds
    Flood filling... 0.505 seconds
    Direct copying... 0.582 seconds
    Small renders... 1.875 seconds
    Bilinear rendering... 1.996 seconds
    Bicubic rendering... 1.377 seconds
Score: 3207
Running 'Database' benchmark...
    Create database... 0.486 seconds
    Populate database... 1.769 seconds
    Save database... 0.264 seconds
    Reload database... 0.078 seconds
    Search database... 1.549 seconds
    Sort database... 1.890 seconds
    Group database... 1.024 seconds
Score: 3045

A 'free' diagnostic for playing computer audio on a PC.

Feel free to pm us and we can run through your system - as usual, just in case, dont put out any personal information in this thread.

Cheers

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 6, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #4,635 of 9,047

Hi,

You can download a trial version of JRMC.

Install. Select > Help. Then > Benchmark.  Run the benchmark tests.

Should look something like this.

5.443 seconds
Score: 3491
JRMark (version 20.0.131): 3491=== Running Benchmarks (please do not interrupt) ===
    Single-threaded integer math... 5.429 seconds
    Single-threaded floating point math... 3.589 seconds
    Multi-threaded integer math... 3.283 seconds
    Multi-threaded mixed math... 2.023 seconds
Score: 1327
    Image creation / destruction... 0.525 seconds
    Flood filling... 0.505 seconds
    Direct copying... 0.582 seconds
    Small renders... 1.875 seconds
    Bilinear rendering... 1.996 seconds
    Bicubic rendering... 1.377 seconds
Score: 3207
Running 'Database' benchmark...
    Create database... 0.486 seconds
    Populate database... 1.769 seconds
    Save database... 0.264 seconds
    Reload database... 0.078 seconds
    Search database... 1.549 seconds
    Sort database... 1.890 seconds
    Group database... 1.024 seconds
Score: 3045

A 'free' diagnostic for playing computer audio on a PC.

Feel free to pm us and we can run through your system - as usual, just in case, dont put out any personal information in this thread.

Cheers

Single-threaded integer math... 3.897 seconds
    Single-threaded floating point math... 2.593 seconds
    Multi-threaded integer math... 0.820 seconds
    Multi-threaded mixed math... 0.568 seconds
Score: 2412
    Image creation / destruction... 0.451 seconds
    Flood filling... 0.540 seconds
    Direct copying... 0.446 seconds
    Small renders... 1.396 seconds