iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jan 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #2,206 of 9,047
This is one sick device ! Has anyone found a better Dac/amp for 500 bucks? If so I wanna hear it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #2,207 of 9,047
No if you compare ALL features and specs in one single device, there is no other solution.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,208 of 9,047
  No if you compare ALL features and specs in one single device, there is no other solution.

+1

iFi iDSD micro is a genius product.
or a product created by geniuses.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #2,210 of 9,047

+1

iFi iDSD micro is a genius product.
or a product created by geniuses.  
biggrin.gif

It is a piece of art, too

When deciding between HIFI M8 and Micro iDSD, I eventually went for iDSD for its well-designed looking and iFi's well-organized product lines. I'm pretty sure such company will take care of my unit and will release something I may looking for. 

Well done, iFi.

The only problem I got is that I don't know where to find DSD files... is purchasing SACD the only way?
Could anybody recommend me some sites to purchase DSD music? I listen to basically anything but classical music. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,211 of 9,047
  . . . 
The only problem I got is that I don't know where to find DSD files... is purchasing SACD the only way?
Could anybody recommend me some sites to purchase DSD music? I listen to basically anything but classical music. 

Let me Google that for you . . .   :wink:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=buy+dsd+music

Seriously, not difficult to find  LOL

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #2,212 of 9,047

Let me Google that for you . . .   :wink:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=buy+dsd+music

Seriously, not difficult to find  LOL

AHH I see why its difficult for me... I am in China now, where you can't google :) GFW, you know it right LOL

Okay I'll do more research when I go back to the US. Thanks anyway. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #2,213 of 9,047

AHH I see why its difficult for me... I am in China now, where you can't google :) GFW, you know it right LOL

Okay I'll do more research when I go back to the US. Thanks anyway. 

LOL, sorry dude :wink:

I was there a month or two ago (going back next month) and spent a couple days wondering why my Internet service was so bad (i.e., the sites I visit all the time - Google, Facebook, Twiiter, etc. were "not working").  Literally took me that long to catch a clue . . . duh

So, instead of Google, use Bing - you'll get exactly the same results.  Just search for "buy DSD music".  Not sure what sites will be available to you in China :wink: but you should get a list of several good sites from which you can purchase DSD files.

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #2,214 of 9,047

LOL, sorry dude :wink:

I was there a month or two ago (going back next month) and spent a couple days wondering why my Internet service was so bad (i.e., the sites I visit all the time - Google, Facebook, Twiiter, etc. were "not working").  Literally took me that long to catch a clue . . . duh

So, instead of Google, use Bing - you'll get exactly the same results.  Just search for "buy DSD music".  Not sure what sites will be available to you in China :wink: but you should get a list of several good sites from which you can purchase DSD files.

Got it! Thx a lot

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2,216 of 9,047
Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me?
I noticed when I have my android phone (Oneplus One) connected and micro turned off, the micro is draining my phone battery. My phone is charging the micro.
Should this be so?

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #2,218 of 9,047
Hello Ultraman,

I too own a OnePlus One, but I do not own the micro. Howerver, it sounds to me that the micro is draining power from the OnePlus One to charge its own battery. I am assuming this, and perhaps it is a valid assumption if the micro is without full charge and not plugged into a wall outlet for power.

Is the micro, also plugged into the wall with a full charge? If it is, and it is still draining the OnePlus One then that is an oddity the good Ifi folks would need to look into. 

Regards,

Eric

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2,219 of 9,047
I think you need to start the micro in battery mode before plugging it in. Check the manual :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,220 of 9,047
Thanks for the replies.
I always start in battery mode. The problem is when micro is turn off and still connected to my phone.

I guess the only way is to unplug the micro if I don't what my phone to charge the micro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back