iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #8,326 of 9,047
Best friends forever
IMG_20180303_000756.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #8,329 of 9,047
On my two week old iDSD Black I used the IE match for the first time and the button fell off. There is a tiny male part of the sliding switch (A lot smaller than I imagined would be used) that goes into the female part of the button. I managed to put it back, but it didn't feel secure in use.

I ended up putting a tiny amount of superglue on the end of a pin and inserted it into the female part of the button and it worked perfectly, luckily.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #8,330 of 9,047
On my two week old iDSD Black I used the IE match for the first time and the button fell off. There is a tiny male part of the sliding switch that goes into the female part of the button. A lot smaller than I imagined would be used. I managed to put it back, but it didn't feel secure in use.

I ended up putting a tiny amount of superglue on the end of a pin and inserted it into the female part of the button and it worked perfectly, luckily.

That has happened to me like 3 times. Never wanted to use glue just in case o over did it and glued the slider stuck. Luckily every time it fell off I managed to find it. I wish it was designed a bit different, but, if I lose that part I'm sure ifi will be good about replacing it.

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #8,331 of 9,047
That's reassuring, I guess? I did think twice, but using the pin I managed to apply glue to only inside the female part of the button.

I've had an original and a Black before and they were both OK.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #8,332 of 9,047
On my two week old iDSD Black I used the IE match for the first time and the button fell off. There is a tiny male part of the sliding switch (A lot smaller than I imagined would be used) that goes into the female part of the button. I managed to put it back, but it didn't feel secure in use.

I just left it like that. It's still possible to operate the switch and you won't switch it by accident so win-win.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #8,336 of 9,047
I thought about that as well and just putting the button in the box for safekeeping, as like you said, you can still operate the slider.
Yup, I knocked my Direct/Preamp button off by accident and decided to take both off and leave them in the box for safekeeping. For the best given the switches had a tendency to be toggled when I was fitting my phone. It sucked accidentally switching on IEMatch once the phone was fixed to the iDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back