iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,954 of 9,047
Hahaha, I know! that's what my wife said... Looks like a Bomb, Lol.

BY the way, do you find the international headphone out a decant improvement over the iDSD's? (I am assuming you use balance right?)

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,955 of 9,047
I personally did not find the single-ended quality of the ALO The International to be superior. Different tonality, yes. A good portable amp I've tried that is above the Micro iDSD's amp in SQ alone is the Cypher Labs Duet.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,959 of 9,047
I know which one will "win" in terms of overall performance
popcorn.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,960 of 9,047
  working on a BIG shootout.  Stay tuned everybody.

from what is see i can tell u from now the idsd will win hands down, i also own the denon da-10 which will come second place

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,961 of 9,047
Price and how do I get one?

i ordered a bunch of cables from cCasper TFG, who was very nice to deal with 

​my setup is ipod----- ifi idsd---- balanced to alo mk3----- audeze ( balanced )

​i order a balanced cable for my audeze to use it with my alo mk3 
i ordered a balanced 2rca to rsa ( alo )
i also ordered a balanced 2rca to 3.5mm to use with other amps and dacs

​can't wait to receive them

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,962 of 9,047

i ordered a bunch of cables from cCasper TFG, who was very nice to deal with 

​my setup is ipod----- ifi idsd---- balanced to alo mk3----- audeze ( balanced )

​i order a balanced cable for my audeze to use it with my alo mk3 
i ordered a balanced 2rca to rsa ( alo )
i also ordered a balanced 2rca to 3.5mm to use with other amps and dacs

​can't wait to receive them

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,963 of 9,047
Does anyone feel as if the IDSD is just a touch bright? I currently have it paired with LCD-3f. I'm looking to add a tube amplifier to mix to add just a tad bit of richness. Anyone have any good suggestions. Budget is around 2k and it does not have to be portable. I want to be able to use to DSD functionality of the IDSD while running it through an amp that adds just a hint of richness.

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,965 of 9,047
During DSD playback I love the richness. I would just like only a smidge more lol. Maybe it's just me being picky. Last week I paired the IDSD Micro up to my dealers Unison Research SH and holy smokes while listening to Adele's live performance I was left completely breathless. That sound left a lasting impression on me and I guess that is what has had me on me on this hunt. The only reason I didn't purchase the Unison was because it was only a prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back