Ifi ican nano - any impressions?
Jun 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #77 of 134
  Did someone try the Nano – iDSD with DT880 (250@) ?

if you're thinking about getting the iDSD Nano, i'd rather you get the iCAN Nano first . they can drive even 300++ ohms with no problem . 
i've recently driven HD800 with the pair . and they are really wonderful ! 

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #78 of 134
Picked this up.

Will be seeing how it fares vs the JDS Labs C5 + my Dunu DN200s 
smile_phones.gif

That 3d effect is intriguing. Is it a crossfeed tweak that can be replicated using fubar or Rockbox?

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #79 of 134
  Picked this up.

Will be seeing how it fares vs the JDS Labs C5 + my Dunu DN200s 
smile_phones.gif

That 3d effect is intriguing. Is it a crossfeed tweak that can be replicated using fubar or Rockbox?

Hey, I am also really interested in the nano.  I also have a c5 and I love my c5 but it doesn't seem to have enough power to drive my he 400s, or so they say.  How is the nano vs the c5?  sound and power wise? 

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #80 of 134
So has anyone had tried this with the DT880s and or HD600s yet? Because I do not want to buy if it does nto compliment this phone, preferably  the HD600s

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #81 of 134
  So has anyone had tried this with the DT880s and or HD600s yet? Because I do not want to buy if it does nto compliment this phone, preferably  the HD600s

everything that goes with iCAN Nano will turn out insanely good , i've the T90 & i used it with the ican nano !

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #82 of 134
  everything that goes with iCAN Nano will turn out insanely good , i've the T90 & i used it with the ican nano !

Yeah I figured from what I read it is a very good sounding portable unit, but I also need a desktop unit, I can get this for a good price so maybe I was asking if you thought this was on par with some of the sub 200$ desk units? Or not quite because I  can always get an o2 or something like that.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #83 of 134
get it's bigger brother , the iCAN Micro + iTUBE Micro + iDSD Micro ... you'll thank me alot . ^^

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #84 of 134
I purchased the amplifier and really disappointed with that. I tested it in PCM mode, however even for PCM sounds is really harsh. My cans are Grado. I tested it on SACD images mostly, however I used several Hi Res FLACs as well. I can't report any hiss, it is completely silent at any volume set in pauses.
Generally results are expected, how can I expect any decent sound from USB powered device? however I still was hoping for better.

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #85 of 134
Did someone try the Nano – iDSD with DT880 (250@) ?

I am using the iDSD nano with the DT880 (250 ohm) with good effect wrt soundstage and clarity - also, mostly I have no problem with sufficient headroom on the volume pot, however, I wonder if adding the iCAN nano would make a difference --> http://www.head-fi.org/t/729182/using-the-ifi-ican-nano-with-the-ifi-idsd-nano#post_10769076

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #87 of 134
I should be getting one of these tomorrow and only have some sensitive iems and the LCD-XC which is also very sensitive. I expect a hiss fest but hope to be pleasantly surprised. If it hisses at all I will be sending it back.

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #88 of 134
  get it's bigger brother , the iCAN Micro + iTUBE Micro + iDSD Micro ... you'll thank me alot . ^^

Has any one tried these with the Mad dogs 3.2? I am actually considering selling my matix m-stage and picking up the Ican Micro. I just want to know if they will sound good from someones impressions with the Mad dogs I am not certain. I do not want to grab the headphones and then have no decent amp to listen to them with.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #89 of 134

X5 doesn't output DSD signal (only SPDIF in PCM), so there is no point of getting a DSD DAC for it. Unfortunately not all distributor are actually very well informed about the things they sold, so don't always take their word for it. Besides, there isn't that many DAC that actually be noticeably better than the internal DAC of X5 (*in fact, the DAC inside nano iDSD and the one in X5 are from the same series with almost identical performance, except the one in iDSD can decode DSD natively), and the internal headphone amp section of X5 has enough output power to put most portable amp to shame. So there is very little reason for you to get an amp or DAC for X5.

I'm using X5 as a DAC. It's powerful enough to drive every headphone/IEM I currently own. I'm looking for some amp that will alter the sound a bit - the bass department to be exact. I though of ZO FS or iCan (Nano or Micro). Using equalizer doesn't work quite as I expected. I think that X5 has lean and solid bass. I'd like more body and fluidity (for some of my IEMs at least and for some genres). Sometimes I want something more fun, fuller sounding. I like bass on Sansa Clip or Samsung Galaxy (I have Exynos based Tab S 10.5 - so I'm guessing it's Wolfson DAC). Could you recommend something? It may be something different than ZO/iCan. Same goes for price. Additional power may come in handy if I buy more power hungry headphones someday.

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #90 of 134
  I'm using X5 as a DAC. It's powerful enough to drive every headphone/IEM I currently own. I'm looking for some amp that will alter the sound a bit - the bass department to be exact. I though of ZO FS or iCan (Nano or Micro). Using equalizer doesn't work quite as I expected. I think that X5 has lean and solid bass. I'd like more body and fluidity (for some of my IEMs at least and for some genres). Sometimes I want something more fun, fuller sounding. I like bass on Sansa Clip or Samsung Galaxy (I have Exynos based Tab S 10.5 - so I'm guessing it's Wolfson DAC). Could you recommend something? It may be something different than ZO/iCan. Same goes for price. Additional power may come in handy if I buy more power hungry headphones someday.

I have a ZO FS+ on order actually, but it will probably take a week or two to reach me. I'll come back to you once I have the FS+ to compare it to the nano and micro iCAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back