Ifi ican nano - any impressions?
May 9, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #46 of 134
I personally would not pair the x3 and the ican nano together as they are both rather warm to me and when i tried them together it did seem a tad too warm for my liking, but that's really just me. I did not find the idsd nano with the iphone to be an immense enough improvement that i would carry around the stack. In fact you would need the iphone CCK and the usb cable as well which would make it very unwieldy for portable use. Perhaps if you want an improvement you can consider trying other amps with the x3? I personally found the x3 to sound great with my pico slim because the sound signatures sort of complemented each other in my opinion. However, the pico slim is rather expensive :p

May 11, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #49 of 134
According to my own measurement, both nano iCAN and iDSD come out at about 0.95ohm in output impedance.

May 11, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #50 of 134
All ifi producs have an output impedance less than 1 ohm
smily_headphones1.gif

According to my own measurement, both nano iCAN and iDSD come out at about 0.95ohm in output impedance.

ΟΚ!!!

Thnx guys!!!!
atsmile.gif

May 15, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #51 of 134
I have the ifi ican nano, and was wondering what will the high gain affect exactly in terms of frequencies.

What do u guys usually set the gain to, and which u prefer and why?

I am trying to use a combo of fiio x3 and ifi ican nano in my car as a player mainly, and I want to know which would be the best gain to use in that setting.

I am connecting it through the aux cable to my car stereo

May 15, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #52 of 134
I have the ifi ican nano, and was wondering what will the high gain affect exactly in terms of frequencies.

What do u guys usually set the gain to, and which u prefer and why?

I am trying to use a combo of fiio x3 and ifi ican nano in my car as a player mainly, and I want to know which would be the best gain to use in that setting.

I am connecting it through the aux cable to my car stereo

The high gain technically is only supposed to boost the voltage to give a higher volume on hard to drive headphones. Im fact when playing from your car stereo which has its own amplifier the direct signal from the x3 line out would technically be the cleanest and technically best signal

May 15, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #53 of 134
I feel the ican nano offers a nice punch sound than when I connect the x3 alone

May 15, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #54 of 134
hey hey ,i own an ican itube and idsd , i see you're experimenting with the gain switches , let me warn you , the gain switched are quite easy to break if you keep fiddling with it , my suggestion is to stick to smth tht u like and stay there . i broke one of the important gain switches for my itube once . oh , and remember not to use the screw provided by iFi to adjust the switches , use your finger or finger nails . 

May 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #55 of 134
I have the combo for about a week ... it sounds great ... if only there wasn't the hiss from the ican I can hear even with my 32Ohm DT770LEs ... I was hopping that it wouldn't be audible with big cans but is somehow is... OK when the control is at about 12:00 wihtout nusic is slightly audible and with music it isn't at all even at very low levels but... I wish it wasn't!!!!!!

May 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #57 of 134
Hi Guys received my i dsd nano today. Cant seem to get any sound from it paired with my Fiio x5. Do i need to do something? Guy i bought it from says its compatable with the x5.

Someone lies to you? Anyway, no, X5 is NOT compatible with nano iDSD and nothing you can do to make them work together.

I wonder who is circulating the wrong information regarding X5 and nano iDSD.

May 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #58 of 134
I dont want to mention the guys name in case but he says it was definately compatable with the Fiio x hence the reason i purchased it.Between a non working hm 901 from the states that never worked properly and then got lost on route back to hifiman still an ongoing battle and now a i dsd that doesnt work i have really been unlucky

May 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #59 of 134
I dont want to mention the guys name in case but he says it was definately compatable with the Fiio x hence the reason i purchased it.Between a non working hm 901 from the states that never worked properly and then got lost on route back to hifiman still an ongoing battle and now a i dsd that doesnt work from the Uk i have really been unlucky

i feel bad for you :/ i'd suggest you do more extensive research on compatibility of the products you want to buy before hand ... from now on perhaps ...

May 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #60 of 134
Yeah, sorry to hear that. Next time, run by the forum first just to be extra sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back