iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Jan 18, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #3,331 of 5,936

Who’s who of Streaming​

Hot off the press, the ZEN Stream has the following connectivity options:

• Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
  • Works with any DLNA certified streaming app
  • Integrated Airplay – easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
  • ROON Ready functionality to be added in a future update.
  • NAA operation in conjunction with Sygnalist’s HQPlayer software
I know people here say I should use the Mconnect player hd app on my iPad. So with Mconnect Player HD app. Which setting should I use. Dlna or NAA. IM sorry. Im still learning about all these different protocols. My other streamers have total integration with Qoubz or tidal.

But. What is Syngalist's HQplayer. Should I just get this?
Mconnect Player HD app uses DLNA. Sign into qobuz on the Mconnect Player HD app and select your Zen stream as the renderer
This has information on how to login to Quboz using Mconnect Player HD app
https://www.qobuz.com/be-nl/info/hi-fi/bancs-d-essai/the-mconnect-control-hd179558

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #3,335 of 5,936
Hi there,

We are still working with Qobuz to provide it directly to the Stream, but at this time there are a few workarounds including mConnect, Roon, and Audinirvana

We're just as impatient as everyone else is here!

This is the first time I've heard of this and is interesting. Would love to see if anyone else has the same impressions.

Hi there,

Did you try the most recent beta? Did that not work for you, by chance?
There’s qoboz connect on the horizon?

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #3,336 of 5,936
There’s qoboz connect on the horizon?

No, that isn't what I meant. We're working with them directly as well, while we wait for Google, to find a creative solution so that the Stream can support Qobuz.

Jan 19, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #3,337 of 5,936
Hi Sebastian,

Thnx for all the support and good will to help in this topic.

However, this Google cooperation issue doesn't make a lot of sense.

Smaller entities / companies like Argon from Denmark have managed to offer Chromecast in their much cheaper products.

How come and Ifi that is a far more established company cannot get in terms with Google when the others succeed.

Personally , I m into Qobuz too and need to play front its native app, since bubbleUPnP app could do the job, but I face delays, bugging performance, battery issues, etc.

I bought the stream solely on the Chromecast promise and keep waiting.

In my unit, no matter the firmware version, I can play Spotify out of the USB output, however the whole volume issue ( I pick the ' hardware' option ) is a nightmare.

I connect my stream directly into the USB input of my KEF LS50 wireless speakers.

No chance to have a normal volume behavior, no matter what I try.

Jan 19, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #3,339 of 5,936
1642587506112.png

Jan 19, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #3,341 of 5,936
No, that isn't what I meant. We're working with them directly as well, while we wait for Google, to find a creative solution so that the Stream can support Qobuz.
Shouldn't that work through HQPlayer Qobuz streaming to Zen stream NAA mode?

Jan 19, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #3,342 of 5,936
Just to be certain: Will Zen stream work both as Roon endpoint currently as well as HQPlayer endpoint (NAA)?
Will both work in the generic mode or only after switching to the dedicated modes?
Might try Zen stream once again with my new gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back