iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Aug 8, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #813 of 5,934
My Stream finally arrived after almost a month of waiting for local stock.

First thing of business is to change the antenna to a black one, then relocate the Hires sticker to the corner. Much better now.

PSX_20210808_154654.jpg

Aug 8, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #814 of 5,934
@jasonmeister,
Have you changed any of the system settings yet, like turning off persistent queue, and going to single playback mode. I was having drops in Spotify after playing for a few hours and a reboot of the ZS fixed it which caused me to think something was "filling up" so I made those changes and have been fine ever since. Since then, I also swapped the stock 3 dB gain antenna for a black Bingfu 8 dB gain one. Probably my imagination but it sounds better now too!
I’ve not tried those settings as yet. Will look into it, thanks. I’m using Ethernet exclusively, so haven’t installed the antenna.

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #815 of 5,934
New update available!
V 2.29

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #816 of 5,934
Download dont work, factory reset, after check for updates, it will shows v 2.28 as newest.
Try to update - error...
In case of ifi stream, its better to remeber: "never touch a running system"
:deadhorse:

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #817 of 5,934
Just ordered one of these for my PC and DAC - not bothering with the Ifi Zen Streamer just yet as there are too many reported hardware and software issues with it ; i shall wait 12 to 18 months before taking a punt on it, it will give the company time to iron out all the flaws in the software and sort out the power supply issues that they have had
1809377390.jpg

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #818 of 5,934
Maybe it will help one or the other!
I had problems installing my update again, it always stopped with an error message.
I don't know if I was just lucky or if it really helps, but it worked like this for me:

Set up WiFi and connect to my router.
Call up the web interface with the WLAN address, unplug the LAN cable, check for updates, found, installl - and... it works.

Aug 8, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #819 of 5,934
Aug 8, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #820 of 5,934
Die
I can not see it with my system!
Its a Beta version, to enable, youre ip, for example 192.168.0.1/dev
Then you can enable to check for Betaversions :)

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #822 of 5,934

This video might be helpful for initial setup

This video shows the step of pushing the hot spot button after it turns solid on after connection has been established. I could not find anywhere in the instructions about it. I am now streaming and getting my radio stations set up. Wish this video would have came out some time back. Thank you!!

Aug 8, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #825 of 5,934
I claimed victory too soon.

I still get drop outs at about 8 hours. Sometimes just stopping Spotify and restarting it gets everything going again, sometimes I have to reboot the ZS. Not a show stopper, but a mere annoyance. I am on the verge of going back to my Macbook setup as it was FLAWLESS but I do concede the ZS setup sounds better so I am willing to reboot it every now and then. The better antenna does not seem to play into this situation. I am wondering how the ZS is going to handle Spotify Hifi once it is live. My Macbook is still on reserve, ready to jump in the mix if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back