iFi audio ZEN CAN Signature 6XX / ZEN DAC Signature now sold by iFi !!!
Nov 12, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #153 of 397
Anyone get their ship notice? I haven't...

Nothing. It would be nice to see an update at least.

Hi @Oishi and @Bazaar!

We recommend you reach out to Drop for an update since they handle the shipping of these orders directly, it's not something we handle on our end.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to clarify further.

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #154 of 397
Finally heard from Drop today...first a pretty terse email that sort of apologized for the delay, with a projected ship date of 2 Dec (original, projected date was 11 Nov)...then a few hours later a much more magnanimous email emphasizing that the units left iFi on time and have been received...basically just sitting in Drop's warehouse. And it mentioned an emergency meeting with iFi, so thanks for that iFi. :)

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #155 of 397
Finally heard from Drop today...first a pretty terse email that sort of apologized for the delay, with a projected ship date of 2 Dec (original, projected date was 11 Nov)...then a few hours later a much more magnanimous email emphasizing that the units left iFi on time and have been received...basically just sitting in Drop's warehouse. And it mentioned an emergency meeting with iFi, so thanks for that iFi. :)

That's what we're here for :)

Dec 4, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #156 of 397
Finally received my unit today, and have been testing it all day using the Zen Dac and also the iDSD Signature. I'm sure it'll need some time to burn in, but so far it has definitely given my 650's an extended life. I recently bought a pair of ZMF Aeolus and it was such an improvement I was worried I would never pick up my 650's again. The HD6XX button accurately does what is advertised, but not a huge fan of the XSpace enhancement yet as it does feel/sound a bit different from the other iFi product's 3D enhancement which I don't mind using. The bass and low end is definitely more enhanced with the feeling of the veil lifted even a bit more. All in all very pleased to find this pairing for my 650's as I've had them since they first came out and have enjoyed them for many years with incremental improvements and enhancements over time. Now there definitely will be many more years to come with this new marriage. Thanks iFi!

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #157 of 397
Did you get any comms from Drop or did it just show up? Crickets over here in the US (for me anyway), the '2nd Dec' that they expected them to go out has come and gone....

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #158 of 397
Did you get any comms from Drop or did it just show up? Crickets over here in the US (for me anyway), the '2nd Dec' that they expected them to go out has come and gone....
I did get an email telling me my unit had shipped on Mon, Nov 30 through Fedex. It was shipped from Jersey, so I would be curious how I would have received it earlier than people in the US. Although they could be shipping by order time, which mine was placed Thu, Sep 3.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #159 of 397
I did get an email telling me my unit had shipped on Mon, Nov 30 through Fedex. It was shipped from Jersey, so I would be curious how I would have received it earlier than people in the US. Although they could be shipping by order time, which mine was placed Thu, Sep 3.
Grrrr...I placed my order in the original wave, back in the summer...and I'm up near Boston, a lot closer than Jersey.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #160 of 397
Finally received my unit today, and have been testing it all day using the Zen Dac and also the iDSD Signature. I'm sure it'll need some time to burn in, but so far it has definitely given my 650's an extended life. I recently bought a pair of ZMF Aeolus and it was such an improvement I was worried I would never pick up my 650's again. The HD6XX button accurately does what is advertised, but not a huge fan of the XSpace enhancement yet as it does feel/sound a bit different from the other iFi product's 3D enhancement which I don't mind using. The bass and low end is definitely more enhanced with the feeling of the veil lifted even a bit more. All in all very pleased to find this pairing for my 650's as I've had them since they first came out and have enjoyed them for many years with incremental improvements and enhancements over time. Now there definitely will be many more years to come with this new marriage. Thanks iFi!

Congrats! I just picked up an HD600 myself just for the purpose of trying it with our 6xx tailored line.

So glad you're enjoying it. Feel free to write a full review if you have the time for the people out there!

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #161 of 397
Grrrr...I placed my order in the original wave, back in the summer...and I'm up near Boston, a lot closer than Jersey.

Keep us posted here! I can reach out to our internal team members who support our Drop relationship and give them a nudge to check in directly with Drop if need be.

I assume they're shipping out in batches and that's the reason why some folks are getting units first while others are still waiting for shipping notices.

Dec 4, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #162 of 397
The whole Drop procedure is a real pain for UK buyers, by the time you pay customs and taxes (around 22%) and factor in any potential returns issues it makes it quite an unattractive purchase.

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #163 of 397
The whole Drop procedure is a real pain for UK buyers, by the time you pay customs and taxes (around 22%) and factor in any potential returns issues it makes it quite an unattractive purchase.

I hear you, I really do. The good news are that our Signature line will be eventually available through our usual distribution channels.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 4, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #164 of 397
Keep us posted here! I can reach out to our internal team members who support our Drop relationship and give them a nudge to check in directly with Drop if need be.

I assume they're shipping out in batches and that's the reason why some folks are getting units first while others are still waiting for shipping notices.
Well sure, but I would have thought, logically, they would have fulfilled orders placed in the first wave...believe me, I'm in no hurry to purchase from Drop again.

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #165 of 397
@iFi audio

So I received the Zen DAC Signature a couple days ago (still haven't received the Zen Can HD6xx or the cable). I decided to add the DAC to my current stack in the mean time. Does anyone know how to turn the DAC off and on? It doesn't seem to have a power switch and I don't care to leave it on all of the time (or pull the power). Obviously, I must be overlooking something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back