iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,142 of 2,505
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #1,144 of 2,505
You hold down the effects button when powering up.

Thanks Buddy !!

I thought I'd throw this in there, straight from the manual as there is a warning.

Line Output Mode
The same 3.5mm jack can be used as a fixed-level line out with all
headphone specific sonic controls disabled and volume control
bypassed.
Turning the volume will have no effect. The 3.5mm output when
in Line Output mode is 2V.

Warning: In Line Output mode, do NOT have headphones
inserted as damage to product/hearing may ensue. As the xDSD
retains the last mode on next power on, it will revert back to Line
Output mode if that was the last mode used.

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #1,145 of 2,505
I thought I'd throw this in there, straight from the manual as there is a warning.

As the xDSD
retains the last mode on next power on, it will revert back to Line
Output mode if that was the last mode used.

Thank you that is very conscientious. I had read that in the online manual. I am planning on using it as a DSD Transport only.

And at the risk of sounding like a complete nincompoop, By the Effects button do you mean the "Lineout" button"? and how do you know where it is before you turn it on in order to hold it? Unless this is a different button you are talking about. Just so you know I wont have the 30R until Friday so maybe when I receive it it will be obvious, but at this point I dont see "effects"-button in the online manual.

Thank you,

T

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #1,146 of 2,505
Thank you that is very conscientious. I had read that in the online manual. I am planning on using it as a DSD Transport only.

And at the risk of sounding like a complete nincompoop, By the Effects button do you mean the "Lineout" button"? and how do you know where it is before you turn it on in order to hold it? Unless this is a different button you are talking about. Just so you know I wont have the 30R until Friday so maybe when I receive it it will be obvious, but at this point I dont see "effects"-button in the online manual.

Thank you,

T

It's the button to the right of the 3D / Xbass on the xDSD, to the right of the power button/volume cog :) it has a settings/Bluetooth symbol directly above it.

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,147 of 2,505
It's the button to the right of the 3D / Xbass on the xDSD, to the right of the power button/volume cog :) it has a settings/Bluetooth symbol directly above it.

I guess Ill have to wait until I get the Unit. I dont find any "XBass" or "3D" in the online manual and the volume cog is on the right side so there is nothing to the right of the vol cog. And the bluetooth symbol is on the bottom of the screen so there is nothing below it.

:) I think we are talking about 2 different DAPs. Pioneer 30R, yes?

Thank you,

T

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #1,148 of 2,505

Thank you,

T

FUNNY I was asking about the XDP 30R :) :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #1,151 of 2,505
Ahh epic fail, do not use forum and work at the same time :) apologies for confusion

lol OMG I just realized the same! It's hard sneaking off a reply while hiding the device out of sight. :laughing:

Dec 15, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,152 of 2,505
Dec 15, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #1,153 of 2,505
Did this work? I have Sennheiser 660s which came with a balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn cable.

Can anyone suggest a tried and tested 4.4 female to 3.5 male, so I can use the xDSD balanced?

Thanks
I can confirm this one definitely works for my XBA-Z5 with Sony 4.4mm balanced cable. The quality so far seems good enough, although since I received it I just haven't had time to sit down and listen to music much.
You're in for a treat with the balanced output.

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,154 of 2,505
I can confirm this one definitely works for my XBA-Z5 with Sony 4.4mm balanced cable. The quality so far seems good enough, although since I received it I just haven't had time to sit down and listen to music much.
You're in for a treat with the balanced output.

9939273_l.jpg

Thanks for confirming!

I'm not in the USA, so had to import this which cost abit in taxes and fee's. Amazon global delivery was very impressive though. Never tried balanced before I was sceptical to be honest...

I could tell the difference immediately, cheapest bang for buck upgrade I've ever done!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back