1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Next

Last
  1. RockStar2005
    Ok I'll try 3D+ out then on some old Smokey Robinson this weekend and see what happens. Thanks!

Grimbles and Dobrescu George like this.
  2. iFi audio
    Yes, agreed, this was the goal.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://ifi-audio.com/
    Grimbles and Dobrescu George like this.
  3. Dobrescu George
    Oh yes, I never made a big case out of this, but the xBass is absolutely free of distortion, which is great for when you want to add some bass :)

RockStar2005 likes this.
  4. Devodonaldson
    You can really tell the difference on Mono recordings. John Coltrane, a love supreme album. Goes from instruments in right ear, to being dead center

RockStar2005 likes this.
  5. RockStar2005
    Hmm ok. I think I have some mono Stones recordings maybe, so I'll check those as well. Thanks Devo!!

6. Prog blob
    Yes that's exactly what it does. Many old recordings are awkward when listened to with headphones (like drums on the right, guitar on the left...), and this 3D thing does wonders with them.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  7. RockStar2005
    Ok so I tried 3D+ (don't really care about xBass) out last night on both mono recordings I have from the 60s and also various live cuts. After repeated listens on several tracks. I still honestly can't hear ANY difference at all. So I dunno. lol

8. hamachan
    I recommend you to open a ticket to help. https://support.ifi-audio.com/

RockStar2005 likes this.
  9. RockStar2005
    Hey Hamachan.....................ok, but I don't know if it will matter. It seems that I'm not the only one in here who doesn't hear a difference with 3D+ enabled.

10. Bansaku
    I never hyped XBass as well simply because it's iFi and stating the added bass is distortion free is like saying water is wet. :blush::thumbsup:

And you hear a difference with XBass enabled?

11. RockStar2005
    So I tried 3D+ out last night on a different pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD 439) on a LIVE Fleetwood Mac recording, and I WAS able to this time to hear a difference. When I went back to my headphones (Beyer DT 1770 Pro), I didn't hear the difference AS much, but now that I knew what to look for specifically, I COULD actually still hear it. Essentially, the sound (especially vocals) gets expanded out just a little more with 3D+ enabled vs. disabled. So I guess I will just keep it enabled then from now on!

Thanks so much everyone! :L3000:

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. Dobrescu George
    Glad to hear you managed to sort it out!

I actually keep it enabled with 90% of headphones and IEMs for listening purposes, I love both the XBASS and the 3D features, and their sound! :)

RockStar2005 likes this.
  13. Bansaku
    Nice! Now you can rest assured knowing that your xDSD is working properly. :metal::sunglasses:

RockStar2005 likes this.
  14. RockStar2005
    Thanks George!!

Yeah I will keep it enabled on my Beyers, which are really the only headphones I use (I only keep one premium headphone around at a time lol). But I could hear it more with the Senns. Not cuz they're better (cuz they're not lol), but I think it's just how they're tuned or whatever.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  15. RockStar2005
    Yes!! :L3000:

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Next

Last