iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #1,246 of 2,505
Ribbon cable! Why didn't I think of that? I'll have to grab some USB plugs next time I'm in the city and have a go at making one..

Be sure to get the type-c plug that support OTG function, otherwise it won't work.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,248 of 2,505
Hey guys, which cans are you using with the xDSD?

When I try the iBasso SR1, this cans become poorly powered (sorry, not really, actually the amp/dac was in red charge). On the other hand, the Sony iems MDR-EX1000 sound OK. When I try a friend's Skullcandy Crusher 1, I like it! With the xDSD was really a surprise, I'm thinking on even buying the Skullcandys for walking around, they are cheap and doesn't caught to much atention. I have also tried some cheap Sony's xBass, I like the power and the music signature, but those cans are flimsy and don't give music details.

So what would you suggest me on closed cans for the xDSD?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,249 of 2,505
I'm thinking on returning my xDSD but I'm still not sure.

When I try the iBasso SR1, this cans become poorly powered. On the other hand, the Sony iems MDR-EX1000 sound OK. When I try a friend's Skullcandy Crusher 1, I like it! With the xDSD was really a surprise, I'm thinking on even buying the Skullcandys for walking around, they are cheap and doesn't caught to much atention. I have also tried some cheap Sony's xBass, I like the power and the music signature, but those cans are flimsy and don't give music details.

Thank you!

Hi Gauss,

I use the closed-back Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro. Though it is a 250-ohm headphone, I find the xDSD has more than enough power to drive it properly.

And you can do better than Skullcandy brotha. lol PM me for suggestions, or here is fine too. :L3000:

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #1,250 of 2,505

When I try the iBasso SR1, this cans become poorly powered (sorry, not really, actually the amp/dac was in red charge). On the other hand, the Sony iems MDR-EX1000 sound OK. When I try a friend's Skullcandy Crusher 1, I like it! With the xDSD was really a surprise, I'm thinking on even buying the Skullcandys for walking around, they are cheap and doesn't caught to much atention. I have also tried some cheap Sony's xBass, I like the power and the music signature, but those cans are flimsy and don't give music details.

Thank you!

Poorly powered, compared to what? Also, what do you mean by poorly powered: Lack of volume, lack of clarity, no "oomph"? All I know is that my xDSD does a damn fine job powering my HE-560; Loads of volume and a full-bodied sound. The same goes for my HD600's.

As for your suggestion, do you mean for when you are out and about (with the xDSD) or just in general? If it's for on-the-go, I always highly recommend the Sennheiser Momentums (now the HD-1). Not only are they top notch in build quality that will last for years (I have mine since 1 month after launch of the originals), but they sound amazing! As well for full sized cans they are very sleek on the head, even over a hat or under a toque. Sennheiser FTW!

:metal::sunglasses:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #1,252 of 2,505
Feb 3, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,253 of 2,505
Feb 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,255 of 2,505
Feb 5, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #1,256 of 2,505
Poorly powered, compared to what? Also, what do you mean by poorly powered: Lack of volume, lack of clarity, no "oomph"? All I know is that my xDSD does a damn fine job powering my HE-560; Loads of volume and a full-bodied sound. The same goes for my HD600's.

As for your suggestion, do you mean for when you are out and about (with the xDSD) or just in general? If it's for on-the-go, I always highly recommend the Sennheiser Momentums (now the HD-1). Not only are they top notch in build quality that will last for years (I have mine since 1 month after launch of the originals), but they sound amazing! As well for full sized cans they are very sleek on the head, even over a hat or under a toque. Sennheiser FTW!

:metal::sunglasses:

Thank you! I will check the Senns. Yes, it is for on-the-go ... I have found the Skullcandy Crusher 1 to be neutral and to scale really well, I like the match with the xDSD. That does not happen with my iBasos SR1 when trying this combo at the office, they sound to obscure to my liking.

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,257 of 2,505
Thank you! I will check the Senns. Yes, it is for on-the-go ... I have found the Skullcandy Crusher 1 to be neutral and to scale really well, I like the match with the xDSD. That does not happen with my iBasos SR1 when trying this combo at the office, they sound to obscure to my liking.

Gauss, are you looking for open or closed back headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back