1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. captblaze
    also I forgot to mention BT range... With my AK300 as the source I could leave it in my office above the garage and get a good signal at the bottom of the stairs (at least 20ft. through walls). as for clear line of sight, I haven't had the chance to see about that. optical connection works well and so does the USB (including Apple CCK)

howdy likes this.
  2. captblaze
    last thing for tonight.. I was able to use a Cayin N3 as a bridge device to connect the xDSD via USB and then control the N3 via Hiby Link on my iPhone. This way I only use BT for device control and USB for the DAC connection.

I think I have too much free time on my hands

Rayzilla likes this.
  3. Devodonaldson
    Any portable Dacs that you have experience with that you could compare it to?

4. jeffhawke
    If I understand this correctly, you're using the N3 as a pure transport, connected to the xDSD via USB/OTG and controlled with HiBy Link. The xDSD's BT does not com into play, am I right?

5. captblaze
    fits between Calyx M and AR-M2 (sound wise) in my estimation

yes the BT connection is for Hiby link and the music playback is via USB

6. iFi audio
    iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
  7. cheungtsw
    How does it compare with iOne sound quality-wise?

8. Yethal
    #allstacksarebeautiful
    IMG_20180418_070016.jpg

9. dannyvstheworld
    Cool! It pairs well with the keyboard :ghost:

10. Dobrescu George
    Oh yes, you're the one with the fancy keyboard :)

I went mechanical as well recently actually, much better experience, but I don't foresee going so fancy with my beyboard as you are right now :)

Noneya likes this.
  11. Yethal
    I'll need to start taking photos at different angle, people keep talking about my keyboard instead of what the picture was actually supposed to show.
    But I agree, it is fabulous

Rayzilla likes this.
  12. seanwee
    I tried mechanical once and didn't like the key travel. A little too deep. Feels and sounds nice tho :)

Dobrescu George likes this.
  13. seanwee
    Nah, you should tease more :p

Rayzilla likes this.
  14. Dobrescu George
    I'm the kinda audiophile who travels with iDSD Black Label like it is a smartphone, but I still find your keyboard worth talking about right now lol

|Way too fabulous for this world XD

P.S. - I am aolso a prolific writer, curious how it feels compared to a typical G810 :)

My friend, that is something I also had to get used to.

I also hated the sensitivity at first, much less travel made a press which made me type as if I was drunk for 3 weeks or so. Now, I find the old chiclet I was using to be too wide, too slow, and to be too mushy, but again, I really hated mechanical for the first 3 weeks, and I never had a mechanical before, only tall dome and chiclet. After 3 weeks, I can barely live without mechanical, the words per minute is around 2-4 times higher on mechanical for me, accuracy is around 99% - 99.5%, so not too bad :)

Wrting around 1000 words, I miss around 2-3 key presses, which is not a lot by my means, now that I tried my old chicled for a week during Easter Celebrations, I found the chiclet to be way too slow, and being much wider, I mis-pressed more often trying to match my old speed :)

15. Yethal
    Used to use my BL as a portable device strapped to my M1 exactly the way the xDSD is strapped to it right now. After 6 months I gave up and switched over to using just the Shanling and a pair of IEMs instead of my beyers. Sound quality took a massive hit but boy is it convenient to use.

I'm using the Cherry MX Blue key switches with keycaps specifically designed to imitate the look and feel of a typewriter so the closest thing to compare it to is an actual typewriter.

Dobrescu George likes this.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last