iFi audio xCAN - The Official Thread
Nov 27, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #692 of 757
Start with something less abrasive like chrome polish.

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #693 of 757
I just received this little gem. Struggled a bit to switch between wireless/wired mode but ifi manual is helpful enough.

I was trying to decide between this or Gryphon but went with xCan as I am only going to use it as an AMP with M11Pro or Plenue M2.

It's so tiny compared to XD-05 Plus.
PXL_20211218_050021772.jpg
PXL_20211218_050106168.jpg

The only reason I bought xCan is for its sound enhancements especially XbassII, I simply LOVE IT🤣

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #694 of 757
iFi please give xCAN with 4.4mm both in and out - I will immediately buy it, Gryphon price in my country 730 USD which I'm not going to invest in a product which runs from the battery with no replacement option as I live other side of the world.

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #695 of 757
iFi please give xCAN with 4.4mm both in and out - I will immediately buy it, Gryphon price in my country 730 USD which I'm not going to invest in a product which runs from the battery with no replacement option as I live other side of the world.
I was wondering if they were going to release an updated xCan but with Gryphon released it's confirmed that they are not going to release an updated xCan. So, went ahead and bought xCan.

Dec 21, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #697 of 757
Depends on the current output of your charger.
Because the cell is a permanent fix in the shell you may consider to use a 9W charger instead of fast charging to extend the lifespan of your xCan.

A full charged xCan does exceed well the listening sessions with my Sundara multiple times. I wouldn't even consider fast charging.

btw, same for the cell phone batterie. A large cell and low charge current does extend lifespan considerable. For my Samsung A42 (5000mAh) standby, Wifi internet and Whatsapp calls show up to 9 days to drain from 90% to 20%.

Have a tutorial on fast charging LiPo cells. You'll be amazed at their down sides.

kr, Erik

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #698 of 757
Because the cell is a permanent fix in the shell you may consider to use a 9W charger instead of fast charging to extend the lifespan of your xCan.

A full charged xCan does exceed well the listening sessions with my Sundara multiple times. I wouldn't even consider fast charging.

btw, same for the cell phone batterie. A large cell and low charge current does extend lifespan considerable. For my Samsung A42 (5000mAh) standby, Wifi internet and Whatsapp calls show up to 9 days to drain from 90% to 20%.

Have a tutorial on fast charging LiPo cells. You'll be amazed at their down sides.

kr, Erik
Thanks.

I always use slow charging instead of fast charging. Just wondering if it supports fast charging, I use fast charging only when I am in a hurry.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #700 of 757

kr, Erik

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #701 of 757
I have an xCan that I listen to a lot (exclusively through bluetooth from an iPhone or my laptop), and over the last year I've noticed a faint, high-pitched electrical-sounding whine coming through the headphone output. It's intermittent and quiet enough that it's usually inaudible when listening to music at any decent volume, but I recently upgraded to a much nicer pair of headphones (Audeze LCD-i3's) and notice it more as a result. The whining noise is a little louder when using either the 3D or Xbass settings but can still be heard with both turned off. I've tried power cycling the device, flipping through inputs, etc but nothing gets rid of it.

Have any of you encountered this problem? Is there any kind of easy fix?

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #702 of 757
@iFi audio
I recently bought xCan. When both xBass and 3D+ are engaged I am getting distortion on some recording especially that involves sub bass. No distortion if only xBass or 3D+ is engaged. It happens with all my headphones .

Is it normal or did I get a defective unit? Please confirm.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #703 of 757
@iFi audio
I recently bought xCan. When both xBass and 3D+ are engaged I am getting distortion on some recording especially that involves sub bass. No distortion if only xBass or 3D+ is engaged. It happens with all my headphones .

Is it normal or did I get a defective unit? Please confirm.

Hi there,

Can you describe the distortion that you're experiencing a bit more in-depth?

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #705 of 757
I have an xCan that I listen to a lot (exclusively through bluetooth from an iPhone or my laptop), and over the last year I've noticed a faint, high-pitched electrical-sounding whine coming through the headphone output. It's intermittent and quiet enough that it's usually inaudible when listening to music at any decent volume, but I recently upgraded to a much nicer pair of headphones (Audeze LCD-i3's) and notice it more as a result. The whining noise is a little louder when using either the 3D or Xbass settings but can still be heard with both turned off. I've tried power cycling the device, flipping through inputs, etc but nothing gets rid of it.

Have any of you encountered this problem? Is there any kind of easy fix?
I hear something like that if the volume from the source is low and I have to turn the volume on the xCan up very high. So I turn the source volume to maximum (my computer) and control the actual volume level using the xCan volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back