iFi audio xCAN - The Official Thread
Oct 12, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #676 of 757
@Sebastien Chiu, what is the latest hardware version of the xCan? I have an unopened new-in-box xCan I'm looking to sell (got it with my DianaV2 from Abyss), and it says version 1.4 on the box. Is this the latest revision number?

This should be the latest!

There were different boxes produced for different areas.

I was not getting sound out of the 2.5 plug on my xcan. Ifi fixed it in a timely manner. Great customer service.

Thanks so much! Enjoy!

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #677 of 757
What new xCAN needed (extra with the existing feature) the most and become a great success ; [Opnion of a Zen+Hip User as follows]

(1) Completly Removed Any Bluetooth Functionality whatsoever......To save money (*).
(2) Non-Reflective Plastic Body OR Aluminum Body for Heat Distribution.
(3) Borrow the following items from Zen + Hip Line for xCAN

(3a) Volume Knob
(3b) Indicator Lights
(3c) Gain Switch / Power Match Switch

(4) 4.4mm Input at the back as well as 4.4mm Output at the front.
(5) Increase the power and make sure 3.5 SE Output 1000mW@32ohm + 4.4 BAL Output 1500mW@32ohm
(6) Increase the Battery to 5000mAh to support the power and everything.
(7) Ventilated Chasis if needed - Follow the xDuoo Basic and xDuoo Plus DAC amp to get an idea.

(*) As you completely remove the BT part (DAC and Wireless Codec stuff) you save some large quantity of money which you invest back in Power Output + Battery Capacity + New Chasis Design....Do not skimp on the 2nd Gen xBass system.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #678 of 757
What new xCAN needed (extra with the existing feature) the most and become a great success ; [Opnion of a Zen+Hip User as follows]

(1) Completly Removed Any Bluetooth Functionality whatsoever......To save money (*).

(3a) Volume Knob
(3b) Indicator Lights

(5) Increase the power and make sure 3.5 SE Output 1000mW@32ohm + 4.4 BAL Output 1500mW@32ohm
(7) Ventilated Chasis if needed - Follow the xDuoo Basic and xDuoo Plus DAC amp to get an idea.

(*) As you completely remove the BT part (DAC and Wireless Codec stuff) you save some large quantity of money which you invest back in Power Output + Battery Capacity + New Chasis Design....Do not skimp on the 2nd Gen xBass system.
And a Dac only in same design would be fine :)

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #680 of 757

(3a) Volume Knob
(3b) Indicator Lights

Then it wouldn't be as compact. One of the best things about xCan is it's form factor.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #681 of 757
How can i connect my samsung note 10 plus wired to xcan,since the note 10 plus dont have head phone jack? Can i also connect my btr5 wired to samsung an use as dac an then to the xcan for better sound? 😊

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #682 of 757
You need 2V for full volume

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #684 of 757
Not enough power for the Argons. They sounded pretty compressed. To be fair, the Argon seems to need like 2 watts with a lot of current. They need turbo mode on the iDSD micro. The Aeons actually sound pretty good from the xCAN via balanced though.

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #685 of 757
Not enough power for the Argons. They sounded pretty compressed. To be fair, the Argon seems to need like 2 watts with a lot of current. They need turbo mode on the iDSD micro. The Aeons actually sound pretty good from the xCAN via balanced though.
Tnx for reply 😊

I have an rme adi 2 fs and atrox v2 amp.But the ifi xcan will be used portable in my house.I also have denon ah d7200,hifiman sundara and focal celestee that i will use with xcan.

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #686 of 757
I've had my xCan for a week now and am really enjoying it. I've paired it with the new L&P dongle (the W2) and the Focal Celestee. The xCan's xBass and 3D options really complement the Celestee and combined with the W2's digital filters, the possibilities are endless.
Hi.

Do you think the xcan makes the celeestes sounds larger/wider? Deeper bass? 😊

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #688 of 757
So I was look for something mobile and came across the xCAN. It's older BT tech but still sounds great when using my LCDXs. I also have it hooked up to the RCAs on my D90 and man this might be competing with my Singxer SA1. I'd like to try the gryphon but man at half the price I think this is doing great.

Nov 27, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #689 of 757
Loving my xCAN with my Sundara, HD6xx and T60rp. But has any one else figured out how to get rid of the finger marks? Mine seem to be permanent and cannot seem to get rid of them. They look to be embedded into the coating now?

Nov 27, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #690 of 757
I would try a polishing compound. The oils from your hands can etch metal if left on a service to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back