iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature and Pro iCAN Signature - The Pro range just got better!
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #782 of 852
Good morning everyone,

I am interested in purchasing the iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature, while reading the discussion I would need your help to clarify a few things.

Are there any apps for PC and iPhone to manage all the functions of the product, including the various filters and whether or not to activate the valves?
Can any of you tell me if it can somehow be made to work with Alexa?

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has been able to compare it with the Dangerous convert 2. I understand that you are satisfied with it, right?

I hope you can help me, thank you. Have a great day!

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #783 of 852
Good morning everyone,

I am interested in purchasing the iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature, while reading the discussion I would need your help to clarify a few things.

Are there any apps for PC and iPhone to manage all the functions of the product, including the various filters and whether or not to activate the valves?

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has been able to compare it with the Dangerous convert 2. I understand that you are satisfied with it, right?

You can and must use an app for the streamer in the Pro IDSD Signature. It´s the Wiim Home. The rest can´t be accessed by an app. Just the faceplate and the remote control for some of the functions.

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #784 of 852
Good morning everyone,

I'm fairly sure that the iDSD does all of it's changes via analog switches. I think the app is just for switching streaming sources. If Amazon Music is your source, you are probably better off getting something like the NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone edition.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #785 of 852
Good morning everyone,

Using it as a streamer is a mess, honestly pretty much useless. It's frustrating to get it to work, and when you finally get it working you have to use that crappy software from Wiim. The amp/dac part is great though thankfully.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #786 of 852
Using it as a streamer is a mess, honestly pretty much useless. It's frustrating to get it to work, and when you finally get it working you have to use that crappy software from Wiim. The amp/dac part is great though thankfully.
Streamer works seamlessly with Airplay and Tidal.

Always, get a DAC that natively supports your streaming service.

But yes, Wiim Home app for DLNA is a turd.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #787 of 852
What about Pro iDSD Studio verson !!? It is cheaper than Signature verson but the same specs.
The Signature version has the upgraded SMPS which does make a noticeable difference in the sound.

I use mine with a clean LPS and upgraded power cord and it sounds even smoother and more dynamic, so there's more performance to be squeezed from this iDSD pro signature.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #788 of 852
Hey guys I need help with my idsd pro signature. So i got custom balanced cables for my diana v2 going to the 4.4mm out of the idsd pro signature, once I plugged it. Red light flashes. What does that mean? When I use the stock cables (6.3mm to xlr adapter) they work. Is there an issue with the 4.4mm output since I tested the cables with a multimeter it works fine. So i dont get why it flashes red.

Please help :)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #789 of 852
I'm intrested in the IFI Pro iCAN Signature. Question for those of you who have it, does it need to be hooked up to an external DAC? I can't find any information on what DAC if any is included in the unit? Are you guys just plugging your headphones straight into it and listening straight?

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #790 of 852
I'm intrested in the IFI Pro iCAN Signature. Question for those of you who have it, does it need to be hooked up to an external DAC? I can't find any information on what DAC if any is included in the unit? Are you guys just plugging your headphones straight into it and listening straight?
Pro iCAN signature doesn't have a DAC. If you want a DAC/Amp combo unit, the iDSD is the one to buy. However, the Pro iCAN is a much more fleshed out amplifier than the one included with the iDSD, more power etc...

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #791 of 852
Pro iCAN signature doesn't have a DAC. If you want a DAC/Amp combo unit, the iDSD is the one to buy. However, the Pro iCAN is a much more fleshed out amplifier than the one included with the iDSD, more power etc...
Does it need a Dac though to sound good or is it fine just to listen through the amp. I would get the idsd but it doesn't have the Xbass and 3D settings which I really like on my micro.

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #792 of 852
Does it need a Dac though to sound good or is it fine just to listen through the amp. I would get the idsd but it doesn't have the Xbass and 3D settings which I really like on my micro.
Well you will need a DAC of some sort to use it. If you have a Micro iDSD, you could use that as your DAC into the Pro iCAN with no issues.

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #795 of 852
Streamer works seamlessly with Airplay and Tidal.

Always, get a DAC that natively supports your streaming service.

But yes, Wiim Home app for DLNA is a turd.

I have to ask, how the heck do you get Airplay to work? I can't even figure out how to get it on the wifi, every instruction and note just glances over it like it's super obvious. I mean, an ethernet cable to the router would probably work, but a cable through the entire living room kinda defeats the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back