iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature and Pro iCAN Signature - The Pro range just got better!
Jun 2, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #571 of 852
I got the ifi Pro iCan signature to feed my LCD-5 headphones and I really love the amp... its a perfect match but I choose to feed the amp with an SMSL D1SE, the VMV flagship series of the maker. Sure I want the pro iDSD signature but the price is ridiculous as a DAC only. IFI should make a DAC below USD 1000 that owners of ifi Pro iCAN can plug into or customers like me will surely go for alternatives..... IFI guys, you should go back to the drawing board and make us a DAC that does not break our bank account. ifi is great and I love what they make, I got the Go Blu and Zen Can HFM -- their sound is exactly what my extremely musical desires. My grandfather designed the very best amplifier in northern Europa and I know why IFI excels, it's because of British serious engineers, as serious as my grandfather who loves engineering audio and extend engineering towards art...... he builds me an amplifier and that amplifier was the best amplifier yet being constructed in Europa. That started my intrerest for sound and audio wanting the best. As a kid, I was told to keep the flashlight toward his work while he build the prototypes which is now a standard across the world of hifi audio.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #572 of 852
Is iFi ever going to come up with a rack system for this stack? I know of the iRack, but I can't find any available anymore.

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #573 of 852
Is iFi ever going to come up with a rack system for this stack? I know of the iRack, but I can't find any available anymore.
I know the previously-available iRack seems great, but if you want some isolation and space between iFi components, consider this. I got some tall Herbie’s Tenderfeet and put then on the bottoms of the Pro Stack before stacking them. They work nicely to space things out and don’t take up as much room as the iRack did.

*pic missing but should be here*

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #574 of 852
I know the previously-available iRack seems great, but if you want some isolation and space between iFi components, consider this. I got some tall Herbie’s Tenderfeet and put then on the bottoms of the Pro Stack before stacking them. They work nicely to space things out and don’t take up as much room as the iRack did.

*pic missing but should be here*

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try that out.

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #575 of 852
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try that out.
They’re definitely cheaper ($17 per foot) than buying two iRacks. The optional adhesive is handy but doesn’t last if you move your equipment around much.
81A8981F-A8D4-4015-ABE8-E581748F2DCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #576 of 852
Something that really unnerves me about my ican signature is that it doesn’t have enough grip on the desk: just plugging and unplugging headphones makes it move around and/or wobble heaps more than I would like.

And it’s bottom construction with the grippy (non grippy) pad doesn’t allow the use of isolation feet, though small.

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #577 of 852
Something that really unnerves me about my ican signature is that it doesn’t have enough grip on the desk: just plugging and unplugging headphones makes it move around and/or wobble heaps more than I would like.

And it’s bottom construction with the grippy (non grippy) pad doesn’t allow the use of isolation feet, though small.
Yes, the grippy/non-grippy pad is pretty useless.

I managed to cram four isolation feet on there. You just have to be creative. :wink:

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #578 of 852

I managed to cram four isolation feet on there. You just have to be creative. :wink:
Seriously they looked into every single detail of the design of this little toy but the haven’t tested what people do the most with a headphone amp: connecting and disconnecting headphones 😂

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #579 of 852

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #580 of 852
Well done!

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #581 of 852
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #582 of 852
The Tenderfeet look a little better than the IsoPucks.

Attachments

• A3270F82-618C-40ED-AF11-E4AB280EC87C_1_201_a.jpeg
    A3270F82-618C-40ED-AF11-E4AB280EC87C_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #584 of 852
If the grip pad is ok at isolation, but not so good at gripping then why couldn't a piece of non-slip rubber mat but cut to size for under the pad?
Are you trying to keep us from buying expensive audiophile products? Do you wish the hifi manufacturing market to suffer?? How dare you suggest we use common materials to solve a simple problem! I say to you, sir, good day! :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back