iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
post-14427810
Post #361 of 1,610

webmi

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Count me in, i guess :beyersmile:

Realy nice gear. Sound is a dream of course. Cant wait to get the MQA Update this autumn.

So far i cant control volume in win10, but otherwise this gear is pretty awesome and i am very happy with it.

Greetings from Germany :flag_de:

post-14427906
Post #362 of 1,610

tonyo442

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Count me in, i guess :beyersmile:

Realy nice gear. Sound is a dream of course. Cant wait to get the MQA Update this autumn.

So far i cant control volume in win10, but otherwise this gear is pretty awesome and i am very happy with it.

Greetings from Germany :flag_de:
very nice equipment at the forefront of the latest technology, my complaint is the spacing between the 2 devices, I have the ifi pro ican that arrives at 42 or 43 degrees in transistor setting, so I think a space of 10 cm minimum would be expected,

Reactions: flyte3333
post-14429073
Post #363 of 1,610

GHoldridge

Head-Fier
Reaction score
very nice equipment at the forefront of the latest technology, my complaint is the spacing between the 2 devices, I have the ifi pro ican that arrives at 42 or 43 degrees in transistor setting, so I think a space of 10 cm minimum would be expected,
Well although they can stack preferably you would put them on an equipment rack either the ifi pro rack or one of your own choosing.

post-14429441
Post #364 of 1,610

webmi

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Windows volume control isnt working for me (USB), which is a pity. Cant control the volume via keyboard control keys on the windows machine. ifi driver (v3.2 and v2.26) or native audio USB class 2.0, doesnt matter.
Therefore i now tested the iDSD Pro (USB) with my MacBookPro Touchbar (OSX). Touchbar volume control isnt working as well.
Is it me doing something wrong or is this normal and how it should work? Is there a technical explanation for this behavior?

And another question may asked. iDSD tube mode is headphone output only or are the tubes also working for analog output (XLR/RCA) so the iCAN already receives a "tubed" signal if i turn on tubes on the iDSD?
I wonder if i go tube mode on both iDSD and iCAN at the same time, if i get "dual tubed signal", if u know what i mean? :alien:

Last edited:
post-14429752
Post #366 of 1,610

gordec

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Windows volume control isnt working for me (USB), which is a pity. Cant control the volume via keyboard control keys on the windows machine. ifi driver (v3.2 and v2.26) or native audio USB class 2.0, doesnt matter.
Therefore i now tested the iDSD Pro (USB) with my MacBookPro Touchbar (OSX). Touchbar volume control isnt working as well.
Is it me doing something wrong or is this normal and how it should work? Is there a technical explanation for this behavior?

And another question may asked. iDSD tube mode is headphone output only or are the tubes also working for analog output (XLR/RCA) so the iCAN already receives a "tubed" signal if i turn on tubes on the iDSD?
I wonder if i go tube mode on both iDSD and iCAN at the same time, if i get "dual tubed signal", if u know what i mean? :alien:
To use the volume control in dac mode you need to put iDSD in preamp mode. In the back, there is an output selector. You need to select hifi variable. I reviewed iDSD in detail. Look in my signature. Most of your questions should be there.

Yes, tube is active in both headphone and DAC only more.

Reactions: webmi
post-14429767
Post #367 of 1,610

webmi

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my question/problem. I am not asking how to use volume control on the device itself, i am asking how to use volume control in win10/OSX. Even in variable mode, i can not control volume within the operating system natively. For example, touchbar volume control on OSX isnt working.

A minute ago, amazon delivered my new "rack", i modified it a little :alien:

Think i will get another one as a "top", so it looks more like a actual rack.

Last edited:
post-14430086
Post #368 of 1,610

gordec

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my question/problem. I am not asking how to use volume control on the device itself, i am asking how to use volume control in win10/OSX. Even in variable mode, i can not control volume within the operating system natively. For example, touchbar volume control on OSX isnt working.

A minute ago, amazon delivered my new "rack", i modified it a little :alien:

Think i will get another one as a "top", so it looks more like a actual rack.

You can by bringing up the Volume Mixer for the individual apps.

post-14430154
Post #369 of 1,610

youurayy

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
If you can't control the volume, it usually means you are in bit-perfect mode, which means that the OS isn't touching your music data, which is normally desirable.

Usually with ASIO drivers, only the player app can control the volume.

Otherwise in Windows, go into the sound devices control panel, and make your iFi output device the default system one. And/or make it non-exclusive in the properties of the driver + select the maximum Sample Rate + Depth.

In the latest Windows build I actually had issues with bit-perfect (not iFi but Chord ASIO), I had to explicitly allow the other Sample Rates (e.g. 96.0 kHz) in the Properties of the output, otherwise TIDAL was sending 48.0 kHz from the MASTER sources.

Getting my Pro's this coming week but these are the things that usually work if you want OS volume control in Windows.

post-14430165
Post #370 of 1,610

webmi

Head-Fier
Reaction score
usually, yeah, not on the iDSD Pro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

it is not even a "windows thing", since same problem with the macbook. it is a "iDSD Pro thing".

hopefully ifi can say a thing or two about it. if they want it like that, if it is supposed to work like that or if it will be fixed in a future update.

Last edited:
post-14430247
Post #371 of 1,610

Whitigir

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Pro DSD can do Upsampling to DSD1024. Is there different filter options to choose from ? Thank you. Can it read file on USB ? Like a USB-Stick

Never mind, I got the answer
DSD filters: fixed 3rd order analogue filter @ 80kHz with correction for DSD’s -6dB gain

Seeing IFI-IDSD Pro using U216Xmos, it must be able to do DSD1024 by USB Input, isn’t it ?

Last edited:
post-14434548
Post #373 of 1,610

iFi audio

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Reaction score
Website
ifi-audio.com
Seeing IFI-IDSD Pro using U216Xmos, it must be able to do DSD1024 by USB Input, isn’t it ?
DSD1024 is achieved internally via FPGA inside of the product, natively it accepts everything up to 2xDXD, DSD512 and (PCM) 768kHz.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
post-14434571
Post #374 of 1,610

webmi

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Can someone tell me, what execatly is the difference between "HIFI" und "PRO" Mode and what i should use if i am doing XLR from iDSD to iCAN?

Pro_iDSD_Manual.pdf
15. Output selector: HiFi Fixed/HiFiVariable/Pro Fixed/ProVariableIt is possible to set the signal output to different levels for home or studio use. Industry standardsignal output levels apply; balanced output is ~4.6V (HiFi Fixed mode) and ~11.2V (Pro Fixed mode).
I cant hear a difference in loudness. So i dont get the difference between HIFI and PRO

Last edited:
post-14434597
Post #375 of 1,610

iFi audio

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Reaction score
Website
ifi-audio.com
Can someone tell me, what execatly is the difference between "HIFI" und "PRO" Mode and what i should use if i am doing XLR from iDSD to iCAN?
To follow the manual, different voltages. If you don't use studio grade equipment, please use HiFi and you'll be good.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)