iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Aug 28, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,831 of 2,185
@Sebastien Chiu thank you for following up on this!

The issue:
Updated to firmware 2.08, the 48k DSD playback problem still persist. 44.1k DSD (and its multiple) plays perfectly fine, but 48k DSD (and its multiple) plays, I can hear the music, but it also comes with a very audible white noise! It was fine before the MQA firmware update.
Jerry what music player are you using?

I have experienced issues with Foobar 2000 and Wasapi modes (event and push)....

Alex

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #1,832 of 2,185
@Sebastien Chiu thank you for following up on this!

The issue:
Updated to firmware 2.08, the 48k DSD playback problem still persist. 44.1k DSD (and its multiple) plays perfectly fine, but 48k DSD (and its multiple) plays, I can hear the music, but it also comes with a very audible white noise! It was fine before the MQA firmware update.

Appreciate the detailed description, will keep you posted!

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #1,834 of 2,185
If anybody is thinking about selling their iDSD Pro or with the iCAN stack, I have a listing up on Classified Marketplace to buy one....

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #1,835 of 2,185
I may be considering selling. I have both units, the PRO iDSD is with the 2.5mm balanced headphone connector and the bespoke iFi baby rack system for each of them. The reason I am considering selling them is that I want to try an R2R ladder DAC and I will probably need funding. PM me and we can chat.

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,836 of 2,185
I may be considering selling. I have both units, the PRO iDSD is with the 2.5mm balanced headphone connector and the bespoke iFi baby rack system for each of them. The reason I am considering selling them is that I want to try an R2R ladder DAC and I will probably need funding. PM me and we can chat.
I have found both units separately, if a deal doesn't fall through with them, I will buy the stack from you!

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,839 of 2,185
I don't know IFI's release pattern year by year but I feel like something is to come at the end of the year or at least an announcement for an early 2022 product.

But I don't have the money for the latest and greatest, I know I will be happy with their current stack!

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,840 of 2,185
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,842 of 2,185
I've decided to keep mine for now and play with some tweaks regarding power supplies. I've decided to try the UpTone JS-2 and/or the iPower Elite (15vdc) and I've ordered both.

Thanks, I just bought the IFI stack yesterday and can't wait to try out the iCANs.

I have yet to experiment with power supplies/cords though.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #1,843 of 2,185
So I just got my IFI stack,

I'm confused about the AC plugs for both devices, the plugs don't seem to insert all the way into the AC socket of the iPRO and iCAN, there is almost half an inch gap, I tried to push a little harder but they don't go in all the way.

Is this normal for it to be sticking out a little?
I don't want to force them into the socket.
20210903_225418.jpg

Attachments

• 20210903_225444.jpg
    20210903_225444.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,844 of 2,185
Mine also do not butt the plastic of the plug up flush to the connector on the iFi units either. Not quite as far out as yours are but, still, they don't fully insert. I don't think it's an issue because I would be more worried about the connectors no being long enough. That being said, it does speak a little bit to a possible engineering or quality control oversight on iFi's part but maybe it was intentional. Please confirm which versions of the iPower Plus units you have.

Restated, I wouldn't call it normal but it is "as designed". I would not worry about it.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #1,845 of 2,185
Mine also do not butt the plastic of the plug up flush to the connector on the iFi units either. Not quite as far out as yours are but, still, they don't fully insert. I don't think it's an issue because I would be more worried about the connectors no being long enough. That being said, it does speak a little bit to a possible engineering or quality control oversight on iFi's part but maybe it was intentional. Please confirm which versions of the iPower Plus units you have.

Restated, I wouldn't call it normal but it is "as designed". I would not worry about it.
I think it might be a safety issue, if I were to hold something metal like a paper clip and touch the gap that is sticking out while plugged in, there may be some problems.

I'm guessing it's probably intentionally designed by IFI.

Anyways‌, I really enjoyed the stack! A bit surprised that the iCAN didn't have a 4.4mm port, I thought both units would have one but it's not such a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back