iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression
Dec 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,037 of 2,063
  USB 3.Optical Cable by Corning is interesting. It has a bandwidth of 5Gb/s between the end points. It does require 5v available on the USB ends for the convertors.

the cable gets 5v at both ends... at the computer usb connector and then at the receiving device usb connector...
but no power within the cable run... so the cable acts as a filter of noise

with the idsd Nano or Micro being stand alone battery power allows the cable to work with these ...

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,038 of 2,063

the cable gets 5v at both ends... at the computer usb connector and then at the receiving device usb connector...
but no power within the cable run... so the cable acts as a filter of noise

with the idsd Nano or Micro being stand alone battery power allows the cable to work with these ...

Right and you have ground isolation as well with AC powered DAC's This can be a alternative to a Wyrd plus you can have this cable up to 50m or 164 feet is possible.

P.S. You also do not have to worry about Radio frequency interference spreading from the cable either.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,039 of 2,063
guys, id like to ask those who have tried the IFI NANO. im interested with it, wanting to pair it with my iphone (playing only mp3 files). can you say if the ifi nano is a great sounding dac amp? can anyone compare it to the dx90's sq? pls help. thanks in advance! 

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,041 of 2,063
This is happen with the micro iDSD to connect diretly you lightning USB cable without a short USB type B adapter. Sadly that the nano iDSD has a USB type B port instead of a type A like the micro iDSD.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,042 of 2,063
  i have an opinion to make...
wishing ifi would just make the idsd/ifi nano to just connect the lightning usb directly between the igadgets and the nano.

Why? So they could stop me from using it with my PC, or with my Android phone? 

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #1,043 of 2,063
  This is happen with the micro iDSD to connect diretly you lightning USB cable without a short USB type B adapter. Sadly that the nano iDSD has a USB type B port instead of a type A like the micro iDSD.

yeah. it would be hard to keep those connectors connected when moving or in mobile.
hope they would improve it in the future so that all we will be needing is a simple USB for any phone brands...
ease of use is a must nowadays :)

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,044 of 2,063

Why? So they could stop me from using it with my PC, or with my Android phone? 

that's not what i meant.
i mean it would be great if we could just use a simple usb to connect it via any phone.
for mobility. for portability. without the hassle of using many connections and long wires.
to keep it simple and small.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,045 of 2,063
  that's not what i meant.
i mean it would be great if we could just use a simple usb to connect it via any phone.
for mobility. for portability. without the hassle of using many connections and long wires.
to keep it simple and small.

The only issue with using USB B, is the lack of availability of a decent lead. There's a huge gap in the market for USB B to Micro USB and Lightening. I don't know about the technical aspect but there must be a reason for using USB B, most if not all DACs do use USB B.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,046 of 2,063

The only issue with using USB B, is the lack of availability of a decent lead. There's a huge gap in the market for USB B to Micro USB and Lightening. I don't know about the technical aspect but there must be a reason for using USB B, most if not all DACs do use USB B.

yeah.
how i wish there would be options... out there.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,047 of 2,063
yeah.
how i wish there would be options... out there.

Buy a Male A to Male B adapter (very cheap), then attach the Apple CCK. The adapter is only 1.5 inch long.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #1,048 of 2,063
From looking a USB cables, I am interested in the A&B Systems one as it splits power and data. However, after more reading it seems all USB cables have 4 conductors, 2 for data and 2 for power, so what does the A&B one do that they don't?

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,049 of 2,063
From looking a USB cables, I am interested in the A&B Systems one as it splits power and data. However, after more reading it seems all USB cables have 4 conductors, 2 for data and 2 for power, so what does the A&B one do that they don't?

Isolates the power wires from the data wires by getting them farther from and/or putting more insulation against each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back