iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 3, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 1,008
This looms exciting. Cant wait to hear!

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 1,008
This device seems to be tailored for the iem crowd and much more portable in size the it's bigger brother. I have a pair of sensitive and then one set of hard to drive iems. This could be a sweet piece of gear to add to my portable collection.

Hoping to see this show up on music direct or amazon soon.

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #19 of 1,008
Ooh how nice. I still own the original nano iDSD (and have owned the micro BL) and my only gripe is that I didn't feel there was enough power. This nano BL will remedy that and increase SQ! Sign me up too!

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 1,008
I really hope this will be a Mojo killer.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 1,008
Interesting. The specs are really something, especially at that price.

Yes, a lot of capability for $200. If this is as good as it looks, it will reshape the portable DAC market.

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 1,008
I currently use a Dragonfly red bonded to a JDS LABS C5 amp. Red has nice detail, C5 has nice warmth and widena soundstage. Definitely would love to see how this DAC/Amp compares. Also want to know more about MQA functionality. DFR is a renderer, meaning the software has to first decode the MQA and do the first unfold. Works fine on Tidal desktop, but no mobile MQA streaming capability. If Nano BL is a decoder, than UAPP can stream MQA from Tidal on Android. It's gonna be this or the Mytek Clef

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #26 of 1,008
Massdrop should do a drop with this so we can all pick them up for $150 :)

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #27 of 1,008
Dang... getting my DragonFly Red today. How I think I should send it back and wait for this.

I would say.....Yes........

Burr brown chipset should sound quite analog. The battery powered unit does not require the functionality of the amp and DAC to pull from the USB source.

For the sake of small portability with iPhone 7 or newer (lacks headphone jack) I would "settle" for the audioquest Dragonfly red. Otherwise my ears much other offerings. My subjective ears are not that picky but I really like the sound signature of the peachtree shift for affordable dac/amp with alot of power. I can even comfortably drive my HE560 and Iphone 8+ connected to my Peachtree shift. I doubt this ifi amp can do this.......

I'm really curious how this ifi amp sounds like....

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #30 of 1,008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back