iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Mar 4, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #691 of 1,008
I generally like measure filters better for being a tad brighter, a tad more aggressive, and a tad more revealing, while listen tends to be a tad smoother, a tad less aggressive and maybe a touch more musical. The difference is so small, that to some, it can be inaudible

measure is generally bit-perfect, while listen is usually not bit perfect and it is a tad smoother or enhanced

To be honest, I think that music of bands like mindless self indulgence reveals this the most, they have extremely unqiue synths that bear certain textures where this can be revealing, or at least I grew used to this music so I can easily detect changes in sonics with that :)

That's a spot-on explanation. And MSI, well, an odd yet fine piece of music right there....

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 4, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #692 of 1,008
That's a spot-on explanation. And MSI, well, an odd yet fine piece of music right there....

I've no idea how somebody who is new to MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) would feel about it :)

Literally no clue

Their music is one of the strangest there is, both in lyrics and composition, but I grew attached to their odd style when I was younger, now to discover that it is great to test equipment with

As I said, I think that both filters are awesome, but since I'm more of a metal head I prefer bit-perfect for a more aggressive approach most of times, but when I'm rather tired (after a day of work), something like the listen preset really helps to calm the mind, especially if combined with a more melodic track

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #694 of 1,008
With using the BL with iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro , which now both support MQA, with Tidal and Nugs.net, I never get the magenta led. Anybody ge a true MQA signal verified from an iOS device?

iOS devices support MQA now?

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #696 of 1,008
Would it be a good match for Audeze LCD-2 Classic? Everybody says that you need at least 1W of power to "drive them to their full potential" but I've listened them in Chord Hugo and I really don't think I need all that power. After all, they are pretty sensitive.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #697 of 1,008
Nano iDSD Black Label Tour!

Just like the last time we announced a Black Label product, the tour announcement comes right after! For those that are
familiar with the Micro iDSD BL Tour from last year, this year’s Nano iDSD BL Tour will be very similar.

Am I eligible for the tour?

We’d love to share the iFi love around as much as we can, and we’ll thus be trying our best to accommodate as many
people as we can. So, we encourage you to sign up if you have an interest in the Nano iDSD BL regardless of where you
are in your HiFi journey.

We’ll eventually be dividing up the tour groups into geographical regions as we see fit. Unfortunately, if a particular region
has a low interest in touring the unit, we may not be able to accommodate those that are interested there. So, be sure to
tell your friends to sign up too!

How do you sign up?!

To sign up, simply shoot an email to lawrancel@iFi-Audio.com with the title: Nano iDSDBL Tour (BLANK).
NOTE: For the (BLANK), please fill in your region as USA, UK, EU, ASIA, or OTHER. THIS IS INCREDIBLY
IMPORTANT! Please make sure to do this!
In the email, please include the following:
  1. Username AND link to your Head-Fi Profile.
  2. Location
  3. Tell us the gear that you plan on connecting the Nano iDSD Black Label to.
  4. If you have any links of reviews that you've done, let us know!
Please note that the deadline for the sign-up process is 11/19/2017, and the individuals selected will be
announced and contacted thereafter.

Rules for this Tour:
  1. Each Head-Fier will be given 1 weeks time to spend with the unit.
  2. After the given amount of time has passed, each Head-Fier is responsible for safely packing the unit, shipping the unit to the next Head-Fier, and covering the shipping costs.
  3. Each Head-Fier will be required to post a review of the Nano iDSD Black Label within 1 week of shipping the unit off to the next Head-Fier on the Nano iDSD Black Label product page HERE.
  4. Otherwise, the most important thing is to kick back, have fun, and enjoy some of your favorite tunes through the Nano iDSD Black Label! We hope you love it as much as we do!

Prizes:
YUP! The prize pool makes a return again this year with the Nano iDSD BL Tour! Feelin’ lucky?

Just like last year’s tour, we will be giving away the tour unit to a lucky individual in each leg of the tour. Your ticket is
simply a link to your review and proof that you put effort and real thought into it. The prize draw will, again, be completely
random as to avoid any sort of biases. That means honesty is key here folks and a rave review won’t change a thing!
On top of that, we’ll be giving away 1 pair of 1More Quad-Driver In-Ear Headphones that have been generously provided
to us by the 1More team! We’d like to give a big thank you to David from the 1More USA team for hooking us up with
some awesome in-ears to match with Nano iDSD BL!

Thank You!

We’d like to also give a big thank you to everyone out there that has supported us and helped us get to where we are
today. To those that have yet to try their hands at an iFi Audio product, we hope to welcome you to the iFi family soon!
We hope to hear from you all soon!
Thanks again for organising the tour guys, feels like the Nano BL had a resounding positive response worldwide. Also wondering if the prize component has been announced yet??!

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #698 of 1,008
Anyone know where I can get another OTG cable Like the stock blue one? Also I am looking for a OTG USB female to Type C as I'm using the Shanling M1 with mine. I have one, but the cable is stiff and causing a bit of strain on the Type C connector on the M1.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #699 of 1,008
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #700 of 1,008
Thanks again for organising the tour guys, feels like the Nano BL had a resounding positive response worldwide. Also wondering if the prize component has been announced yet??!

We'll announce this veryu soon. Stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #701 of 1,008
Hey everyone!

It's been a while since we kicked off the nano iDSD BL tour and the tour has officially come to an end, so we thought this would be a good time to give everyone a quick update!

First and foremost, a big thank you to everyone who showed interest in the tour and, of course, to the tour participants. It was awesome getting to read everyone's thoughts and feedback on the unit! We're certainly looking to continue using tours as a way of engaging with the community here and providing people with the opportunity to spend some quality time with the products we put forth. There's a lot of exciting stuff in the works so be sure to stay up to date with all the iFi happenings!

asdasd.png

For those of you who are familiar with iFi tours, with the conclusion of a tour naturally comes the giveaway at the end of the tour! One lucky winner from each region of the tour will get to keep the nano BL tour unit for themselves, and one additional winner will receive a 1More Quad-Driver IEM courtesy of 1More!

We briefly mentioned at the beginning of the tour how winners are selected, but we think it's a good idea to reiterate it all again here. In order to keep things as unbiased and as fair as possible, the winners are selected at random. With that being said though, we do expect the quality of the review to be of a certain standard to keep it fair for everyone. We get it. You put in great effort to share your thoughts on a product, and then some random person who writes a quick, rough paragraph takes it home. Feels kinda bad...

With that being said, if you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to us at any time!

Without further ado... the winners of the tour are:

Tour nano iDSD Black Label Unit:
@TimeSnow
@emptymt
@ahmadfaizadnan

1More Quad-Driver:
@Ksweene5

WINNERS: Please reach out to the iFi representative that was in charge of your leg of the tour to claim your prize!

Last edited:

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #702 of 1,008
Hey everyone!

It's been a while since we kicked off the nano iDSD BL tour and the tour has officially come to an end, so we thought this would be a good time to give everyone a quick update!

First and foremost, a big thank you to everyone who showed interest in the tour and, of course, to the tour participants. It was awesome getting to read everyone's thoughts and feedback on the unit! We're certainly looking to continue using tours as a way of engaging with the community here and providing people with the opportunity to spend some quality time with the products we put forth. There's a lot of exciting stuff in the works so be sure to stay up to date with all the iFi happenings!

For those of you who are familiar with iFi tours, with the conclusion of a tour naturally comes the giveaway at the end of the tour! One lucky winner from each region of the tour will get to keep the nano BL tour unit for themselves, and one additional winner will receive a 1More Quad-Driver IEM courtesy of 1More!

We briefly mentioned at the beginning of the tour how winners are selected, but we think it's a good idea to reiterate it all again here. In order to keep things as unbiased and as fair as possible, the winners are selected at random. With that being said though, we do expect the quality of the review to be of a certain standard to keep it fair for everyone. We get it. You put in great effort to share your thoughts on a product, and then some random person who writes a quick, rough paragraph takes it home. Feels kinda bad...

With that being said, if you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to us at any time!

@TimeSnow
@emptymt
@ahmadfaizadnan

1More Quad-Driver:
@Ksweene5

WINNERS: Please reach out to the iFi representative that was in charge of your leg of the tour to claim your prize!

Thanks, @iFi audio!

My first great news all week :beyersmile:
Congrats to everyone else who won too!

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #705 of 1,008
Hey everyone!

@TimeSnow
@emptymt
@ahmadfaizadnan

1More Quad-Driver:
@Ksweene5

Umm. Wow!

Wasn't expecting that! I've had an obscenely lousy few day and I gotta say this comes at a wonderful time.

Thank you guys very much for the opportunity!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back