iFi audio LAN iSilencer - Your network. Silenced.
Feb 28, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 608
At one point of this hobby, I did a lot of investment into linear power supply, cables and connections including "cleaner" ethernet connection. The difference is very small and usually I don't know if it's real or not. Ifi makes these cheap small gadgets, so the investment is low to play around. If you never tried, it may be fun to dip your toe in. This is much cheaper than Sonore's OpticalRendu. https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/products/opticalrendu
My point exactly. Also, Ethernet jitter and clocking is irrelevant. The only thing that might make a difference, and I have heard a difference with my Chord Dave, is galvanic isolation. That's really all that I'm looking for. Would be nice to see some tests for that as well.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #20 of 608
There’s more to it than just the jitter we measure directly impacting sound quality - low jitter dac can sound like crap, reclocking with a decrapifier can add more jitter even but it can make it sound cleaner and better - how so? Our measurements don’t tell the whole picture, quite limited. Maybe one day we will get more extensive measurements in line with what our ear perceived as higher quality and pleasurable
Your ears and brains are all the measurement devices you will ever need in this hobby.

Either you like it or you don't. And sometimes you're just tired.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #22 of 608
1677610329912.jpeg

Plugs in a LAN decrapifier next to a noisy wall wart 🤔

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #25 of 608
Isn't Ethernet galvanically isolated from the rest of the circuit? According to specs it should be.

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #27 of 608
Isn't Ethernet galvanically isolated from the rest of the circuit? According to specs it should be.
Exactly. If you’ve reached this point in your journey of trying to isolate noise in your system you are looking in the wrong place

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #30 of 608
distrust until proven. Show us your testing data...don't be shy. :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back