iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Jul 27, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #16 of 442
So happy to be of service here Notorious. The Black Label ain't the most portable device. It's "TRANS-PORTABLE". The iPurifier3 makes it less so. The Galvanic3.0 makes it even less so. But, yes, it's all still transportable. Both devices use just a few tenths of a volt which your phone should be able to handle. There are no power cords to deal with. If I was to ride the subway for a long time there in NY and I could leave the devices in my briefcase and slap the phone to it, then yes. I suppose you could band-and-velcro all the devices together to make sort of a transportable brick. You know in the old days people would walk around with big boom boxes riding on their shoulders and thought that was transportable...LOL.

I guarantee the iPurifer3 and iGalvanic 3.0 working together, with your Black Label, will make a DRAMATIC DIFFERENCE in the sound quality. Think "Twice as good". LIke, I doubt very seriously anything could touch it. The dynamics, speed, immediacy, clarity, texture, sound staging, power, etc. are all there in spades. You'd have a very difficult time going back to just listening to the Black Label by itself. Although, it, by itself-- is very good indeed.

I've never heard a Cord Electronics HUGO 2 ($2700) which is transportable also but I promise you that these three iFi Audio devices working together, along with a decent recording, will, at times, make you gasp! I'm amazed every single time I turn my rig on and listen to TIDAL MASTER LEVEL streaming audio with MQA decoding.

I bought my iGalvanic3.0 used for $240. New is $379. No matter--worth every dime. Buy new and try. No like? Return. That simple. This set-up is KING. You don't even need anything but the supplied stock USB cables for incredible sound. These devices make expensive USB cables absolutely unnecessary.

In summary, yes, the whole rig is more suitable as a desktop set up. But it will work as a clumsy-er "transportable" setup. You can have best of both worlds. Just leave one or both devices at home. Is it worth it? If you have to have the best freaking sound on-the-go then absolutely. Does this help Notorious4163?

Wow,there is a bit of static in the igalvanic. do you know how to fix it? theres a lot of static when the purifier is NOT plugged in but when there is a purifier it creates immense static I cant even listen I need help!

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #17 of 442
Wow,there is a bit of static in the igalvanic. do you know how to fix it? theres a lot of static when the purifier is NOT plugged in but when there is a purifier it creates immense static I cant even listen I need help!
Try it all out of your laptop computer and see if it's a problem. If still a problem, then open a ticket with iFi or return the unit for a new one.

Jul 27, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #18 of 442
Try it all out of your laptop computer and see if it's a problem. If still a problem, then open a ticket with iFi or return the unit for a new one.

There is no static if I use the products separately! Also does your galvanic become really hot? (and also the switch is suppoed to be down right?)

Maybe its a case of the batteries on almost all 3 devices drained, but I don't understand why it would include static

Jul 27, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #19 of 442

Should I also get the iDefender 3.0 (It's only $50).

And theres no static with the galvanic, it sounds amazing. I think theres just a problem with the purifier

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 442
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 27, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #21 of 442
Jul 27, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #22 of 442
Hi, i have the micro idsd black label in which i bought the ifi ipurifier 3 Type A to improve my amp, it did little to nothing and would make constantly static noises so much I can’t listen to the music.

My current setup is connected to the my laptop (ofc)

black label—>ipurfier3–>(normal black) usb cable—> igalvanic 3.0 —> gals stock blue usb cable —> laptop

^i have tried charging, restarting, changing wires, everything, but when together the ipurifier 3 and igalvanic 3.0 create a static in the background that is unignorable.

ALSO, when used separately, the igalvanic 3.0 works like a charm! (is it supposed to get really hot tho?)

and also just using using the ifi purifier with the micro black label also has no problems but still a lot of static and a ton of unwanted noise.

When these two things are combined (which is supposed to work) they are supposed to produce an amazing sound. Yet when the both of them are connected it’s just a muddle of static and unlistenable.

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 442
Notorious said, " Should I also get the iDefender 3.0 (It's only $50).

And theres no static with the galvanic, it sounds amazing. I think theres just a problem with the purifier"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I also use the iDefender and iPower together with my rig. But frankly I can't hear the difference. I use them because I have them. You can use the iDefender by itself without the iPower if you use the battery power from the Black Label. I did this for a long time. Then I got the iPower to go with it. I can't hear the difference but use it "just in case" there's a subliminal or sub-auditory impact would add to listening fatigue over several hours of listening. Perhaps it will eliminate the static you're experiencing.

This is what I love about iFi, you can build and add as you can afford it in increments. It's always exciting to see these improvements. "Oooo let's see what this will do!"

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #25 of 442
Yes, absolutely. The iPurifier3 fastens directly into the iDSD Micro BL's male usb port......(on or off battery power--doesn't matter) You need the type "A" female USB iPurifier3.

Thanks :) , however I fired off an email to iFi asking the same question and they came back with the following reply

"Thanks for your email - we've created a ticket for you.
> iPurifier3 and/or iGalvanic 3.0 to my current set up would benefit my listening enjoyment?
We would not recommend either, the extra power consumption will be substantial and will be drawn from the AK70.

We hope this clarifies.

Thanks.
Alix "

Whilst my wallet is relieved I am a little saddened that I can't join this party :frowning2:

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #26 of 442
i have micro iusb3.0 and igalvanic, shoukd i add ipurifier 3? i know in ifi website they said no need. but they also mention the active noise cancealling is a new improved version. both micro iusb3.0 and igalvanic are the old version

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #27 of 442
i have micro iusb3.0 and igalvanic, shoukd i add ipurifier 3? i know in ifi website they said no need. but they also mention the active noise cancealling is a new improved version. both micro iusb3.0 and igalvanic are the old version

Micro iUSB3.0 is our biggest USB gun still. You can try iPurifier3.0 if you'd like, but - since you have micro iUSB3.0 - it seems excessive.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #28 of 442
Notorious said, " Should I also get the iDefender 3.0 (It's only $50).

And theres no static with the galvanic, it sounds amazing. I think theres just a problem with the purifier"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I also use the iDefender and iPower together with my rig. But frankly I can't hear the difference. I use them because I have them. You can use the iDefender by itself without the iPower if you use the battery power from the Black Label. I did this for a long time. Then I got the iPower to go with it. I can't hear the difference but use it "just in case" there's a subliminal or sub-auditory impact would add to listening fatigue over several hours of listening. Perhaps it will eliminate the static you're experiencing.

This is what I love about iFi, you can build and add as you can afford it in increments. It's always exciting to see these improvements. "Oooo let's see what this will do!"
Joining u guys here. The idefender is a must for my setup probably because I use MacBook with no ground. Helps a lot. The ipower does not change the sound a lot but gives more power to the igalvanic so it no longer need the computer’s power. This is most noted if I run on battery without DC power attached (sounds nicer this way). Hope this helps.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 442
So it seems the igalvanic + ipurifier works well despite being redundant in function. Would it work better than igalvanic + isilencer? I currently has tried idefender+Ipower—-> igalvanic—-> isilencer—-> DAC. I think I silencer adds about 20-30% improvement but it causes disconnection with my DAC. And perhaps silenced my DAC somehow by disabling my DAC. So sometime it seems to disrupt my F1 USB board in my DAC and I sound comes out and I would need to reboot it. I hope the ipurifier would not have this issue.

Aug 17, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #30 of 442
So it seems the igalvanic + ipurifier works well despite being redundant in function. Would it work better than igalvanic + isilencer? I currently has tried idefender+Ipower—-> igalvanic—-> isilencer—-> DAC. I think I silencer adds about 20-30% improvement but it causes disconnection with my DAC. And perhaps silenced my DAC somehow by disabling my DAC. So sometime it seems to disrupt my F1 USB board in my DAC and I sound comes out and I would need to reboot it. I hope the ipurifier would not have this issue.

Well, I've got the iSilencer coming tomorrow. I'll report back then. I'll have the iDefender + iPower, iSilencer, iGalvanic3.0, and iPurifier3, all working together with my Micro iDSD BL. I'm telling you this rig will kill just about anything in it's price. I had the iTube2 in my headphone system but put that in my 2 channel office system--you should hear that one--OMG! iFi is an incredible company.

Oh, BTW. I plug my USB cable into my laptop with the iDefender plugged in but the iPower disconnected. Once the laptop sees the connection, I plug the iPower into the side of the iDefender and it seems to work.

P.S. I'm still using the stock blue USB cables that came with the equipment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back