iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio
Sep 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #512 of 745
Did you try the software programs without your IFI USB cleaner rig?
I did try Audirvana initially without the USB conditioners. It sounds sterile ans often quite a bit of digitis type sound. Harsher. The igalvanic makes the music much more musical, more organized in the layering of the music, instrumental separation. I think if u use a PC or mac u will need such devices.

Sep 30, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #513 of 745
CConsider Signalyst HQ Player. There is avery active
My experience is that if u use a great software program the sound can improve a whole lot. The source is most important so your computer is likely the weakest link and that is why computer audio without any conditioning sucks compared with redbook CD even if using Hi Res. I have used. Audirvana that has worked excellently on my old macbook air until Mac decides not to allow direct mode that has bypassed the crappy core audio of Mac. Audiirvana was able fo bypass the internal
Inferior
Sound processor and
Makes the computer sound so much better. I realise this because with new Mac OS like Sierra the bypass direct mode no longer works! It sounds like crap now. If u want to improve your PC computer audio you can try fidelizer pro or the free version, a program that shuts down the unneeded processing of Windows. U still need the foobar to run. I heard reviews it works great! I may try that by running windows on my new Mac that no longer support Audirvana well.

There is also euphony audio that has their own program (linux base) and you can reboot into that program. Suppose to sound superb.

Or try audiovana for windows, which may also have programs that shut down windows Noisy processing etc

Consider Signalyst HQ Player. Highly configurable and there is a very active forum at Computer Audiphile if you want to reads more. I have igalvanic and do feel it makes a positive contribution (blacker background especially) and also find HQ Players's sound quality superior to FooBar. The interface won't win any design prizes but once you are used to it is really a joy to use.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #514 of 745
Or playing Devil's Advocate consider a USB cable that not only doesn't require reclocking or galvanic isolation; but actually sounds better without! Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Happy Listening!

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #515 of 745
I am an happy Ifi customer and I would like to upgrade my USB conditioning system. At the moment I just have a Ipurifier2. As I have up to around 400 euros to better things, would you:

- buy a ifi nano iusb3.0 or a micro iusb3.0 (incremental benefit between the two, if I understood correctly, and ipurifier probably unnecessary)
- buy a igalvanic3.0 and maybe leaving my ipurifier2 after that?

Thank you so much and open to other suggestions!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #516 of 745
I am an happy Ifi customer and I would like to upgrade my USB conditioning system. At the moment I just have a Ipurifier2. And I would up to around 400 euros to better things, would you:

- buy a ifi nano iusb3.0 or a micro iusb3.0 (incremental update between the two if I understood correctly and ipurifier probably unnecessary)

hello, I spent money with igalnanic, ipowert, idefendert, RG45 Audioquest, USB cables of quality, being on music dematerialized 16/44 ......
and in comparison with the CD, the CD is better, in 24/96 it's a bit better, you gain in openness and depth, in the end the dematerialized music can be very expensive to exceed the CD,
I listen to my CDs with drive Icos in AES / EBU on T + A dac8, and there is always the precision and the holding in the bass that make the difference, after course if we make comparisons with small readers entered ranges, dematerialized music may be equivalent to cd or better, that's my opinion, .......

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #517 of 745
I am an happy Ifi customer and I would like to upgrade my USB conditioning system. At the moment I just have a Ipurifier2. And I would up to around 400 euros to better things, would you:

- buy a ifi nano iusb3.0 or a micro iusb3.0 (incremental update between the two if I understood correctly and ipurifier probably unnecessary)

Get igalvanic3.0, and if you want sell ipurifier2 on eBay, get ipurifier3

Oct 2, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #518 of 745
I am an happy Ifi customer and I would like to upgrade my USB conditioning system. At the moment I just have a Ipurifier2. As I have up to around 400 euros to better things, would you:

- buy a ifi nano iusb3.0 or a micro iusb3.0 (incremental benefit between the two, if I understood correctly, and ipurifier probably unnecessary)

Hello
Buy both micro iusb 3.0 and nano galvanic 3.0. This combo is the best. There are few features which overlap but they complement each other very well.

The gain in SQ is substantial.
I cannot listen to my hugo 2 without them.

Oct 2, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #519 of 745
Get igalvanic3.0, and if you want sell ipurifier2 on eBay, get ipurifier3

Hello
Buy both micro iusb 3.0 and nano galvanic 3.0. This combo is the best. There are few features which overlap but they complement each other very well.

The gain in SQ is substantial.
I cannot listen to my hugo 2 without them.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I would just like to add, in case that makes a difference, that I'll be using a MacBook Pro as a source and with the ipurifier alone I do not have huge amounts of noise or ground loop buzzing, just a little bit of high pitched hissing.

On the other end, the ipurifier alone doesn't change the sound that much on my system (most notable change is a better bass timing and clarity) and that's why I am looking for something better.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #520 of 745
Thank you for the suggestions!

I would just like to add, in case that makes a difference, that I'll be using a MacBook Pro as a source and with the ipurifier alone I do not have huge amounts of noise or ground loop buzzing, just a little bit of high pitched hissing.

On the other end, the ipurifier alone doesn't change the sound that much on my system (most notable change is a better bass timing and clarity) and that's why I am looking for something better.
I am using MacBook Pro as a roon endpoint. If you are listening while charging the MacBook , you will have ground loops. I use ifi groundhog on one of the usb port, ground loops just vanish.

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #521 of 745
I am using MacBook Pro as a roon endpoint. If you are listening while charging the MacBook , you will have ground loops. I use ifi groundhog on one of the usb port, ground loops just vanish.

Groundhog is definitely something I will add then.
Micro iusb3.0 and nano igalvanic combo is where I'm headed. I will buy them one at a time: just to choose which one to get first, between the two which one had the most effect on sq in your system?
Thank you very much again!

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #522 of 745
Groundhog is definitely something I will add then.
Micro iusb3.0 and nano igalvanic combo is where I'm headed. I will buy them one at a time: just to choose which one to get first, between the two which one had the most effect on sq in your system?
Thank you very much again!
You're welcome.
My first purchase was micro iusb 3.0 f/b nano galvanic 3.0 & mercury 3.0 cables.
For me combo > micro iusb 3.0 > nano galvanic 3.0 >> direct connection from USB port.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #523 of 745
You're welcome.
My first purchase was micro iusb 3.0 f/b nano galvanic 3.0 & mercury 3.0 cables.
For me combo > micro iusb 3.0 > nano galvanic 3.0 >> direct connection from USB port.

Have you ever compared this to a network player / streamer ?

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #524 of 745
Have you ever compared this to a network player / streamer ?
Sorry no comparison with network streamers.
I have compared with optical out (wireworld supernova 7). Ifi setup sounds better than optical imho.

You are in a dilemma.
Still searching for a perfect companion to terminator and he 9.
One thing is for sure, the front usb port of your pc is not the way to go.

I would go for micro 3.0 + galvanic 3.0.
SoTM is a network player and has dedicated clock to improve SQ.
Ifi combo already has 2nd gen reclock, regen and rebalance.
Ifi solution including mercury cables is cheaper than sms200ultra.

Why don't you home audition ifi devices and network streamers if it's possible?

My purchase was based on reviews/headfi thread of other users and the measurements.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...ifi-iusb30-ipurifier-ipurifier2-update-on-p15

From the measurements its clear that micro iusb 3.0 + galvanic isolation(intona not nano galvanic) has the maximum effect on noise floor and the SQ.
Fyi, I rarely take measurements into consideration, i trust my ears. In this case, my listening experience coincide with the measurements.
i hope it helps.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #525 of 745
Also folks, AMR will be demoing two machines in the Colorado Audio Society Hospitality Suite at RMAF. Room 6007.

Yup, we're giving away Fast Blow fuses for Magnepan speakers! 2.5A for Magnepan 3.6/3.7 and 4A for other Magnepan machines.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back