iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio
Oct 5, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #526 of 745
bonjour, j'ai un problème de contact entre l'idefender et la prise d'alimentation ipower, donc des coupures, et chaque fois qu'il est nécessaire de tout régler pour récupérer mon écoute, s'il vous plaît ce qui est arrivé aux autres propriétaires d'idefender et ipower, merci

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #527 of 745
hello, I have a problem of contact, between the idefender and the power plug ipower, so cuts, and every time it is necessary to set everything to recover my listening, please what has happened to other owners from idefender and ipower, thanks

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #528 of 745
hello, I have a problem of contact, between the idefender and the power plug ipower, so cuts, and every time it is necessary to set everything to recover my listening, please what has happened to other owners from idefender and ipower, thanks
1) Try contact cleaner. If you don't have any, take your iDefender and the iPower to any electrical shop, TV shop, etc.

2) Return your iDefender and iPower to your dealer for replacement under warranty.

Oct 6, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #529 of 745
1) Try contact cleaner. If you don't have any, take your iDefender and the iPower to any electrical shop, TV shop, etc.

2) Return your iDefender and iPower to your dealer for replacement under warranty.
Hello,
about the iDefender, I mis explained, it was rather cuts, rather than problems of contacts, and after information I was advised to go to the "ifi audio site" and download the drives USB FireWire, what I did and it goes a bit better, but most of the problems come from Windows, .......
with Apple MacBook PC linux, there would not be all these disadvantages of cuts due to antivirus,

Oct 6, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #530 of 745
Are u having difficulty getting the computer to recognize the DAC ? U need to disconnect the ipower from the idefebder first. Then put the idefender in without connecting the ipower and so the DAC would be detected. Once detected, u can connect back the ipower to the idefender. The ipower + idefender isolates the source from the DAC so it may be hard to detect the DAC. Hope this helps.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #531 of 745
Are u having difficulty getting the computer to recognize the DAC ? U need to disconnect the ipower from the idefebder first. Then put the idefender in without connecting the ipower and so the DAC would be detected. Once detected, u can connect back the ipower to the idefender. The ipower + idefender isolates the source from the DAC so it may be hard to detect the DAC. Hope this helps.
thank you for the advice, I tried everything, but since yesterday morning I downloaded the USB drive on the site of ifi audio, it looks like it's better, it is the antivirus on Windows that panic, ideal would be MacBook on linux, but spend another 1200 or 1500 €, not obvious, thank you

Oct 6, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #532 of 745
thank you for the advice, I tried everything, but since yesterday morning I downloaded the USB drive on the site of ifi audio, it looks like it's better, it is the antivirus on Windows that panic, ideal would be MacBook on linux, but spend another 1200 or 1500 €, not obvious, thank you
Do u also have the ifi galvanic? If so there is a toggle switch that u can change by moving up or down to get rod of the connection problem

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #534 of 745
hello, I made the purchase of igalvanic + idefender + ipower, the problem is that if I touch the power cable that goes from ipower to idefender, I have a cutoff, I do not have dematerialized music anymore , and it is necessary to make a setting to recover the drivers, therefore 10, 15 mm, or more,

this failure exists since the purchase, today I tried to open a ticket, I had an answer in an afternoon, and especially on the mail that I receive I can not answer, so how many days will I have to have a positive answer and that we change the idefender and ipower, one of two parts to a problem, I do not know which,

and especially what I do not understand why can not we answer on the mails we receive from ifi audio, it means that each response must reopen a ticket and resume everything from the beginning, especially that the breakdown is frank, and especially what disappoint in ifi audio is that there are too many pieces that come in contact, it all looks like DIY, .......

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #535 of 745
Have you tried without the ipower ? i.e. idefender + igalvanic only, and then just igalvanic alone. Would any of these eliminate the problem ? Sounds like there is an issue connecting ipower to idenfender; Is the cable (which looks cheap) not connecting properly to the idefender ? is the connector too loose?

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #536 of 745
hello, I made the purchase of igalvanic + idefender + ipower, the problem is that if I touch the power cable that goes from ipower to idefender, I have a cutoff, I do not have dematerialized music anymore , and it is necessary to make a setting to recover the drivers, therefore 10, 15 mm, or more,

this failure exists since the purchase, today I tried to open a ticket, I had an answer in an afternoon, and especially on the mail that I receive I can not answer, so how many days will I have to have a positive answer and that we change the idefender and ipower, one of two parts to a problem, I do not know which,

and especially what I do not understand why can not we answer on the mails we receive from ifi audio, it means that each response must reopen a ticket and resume everything from the beginning, especially that the breakdown is frank, and especially what disappoint in ifi audio is that there are too many pieces that come in contact, it all looks like DIY, .......
Try all three positions of the Ground Link switch on the iGalvanic.

You can reply to an iFi ticket email. Just click the link in the email to log in to the ticket system, then add your reply.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #540 of 745
Exuse me but why idefender and ipower is needed? Dumb question i know, but why ifi wont make this to use ipower as a power source like Micro usb 3.0?
I think the idefender + ipower is to isolate the USB power from the source (the streamer or computer) and then it would feed a cleaner power via ipower. It is probably cheaper this way. I am not sure why this cannot be put inside the Igalvanic as a single machine. Maybe it would cost more. Also ipower can be replaced with LPS or just battery pack, so I guess this is more flexible this way. You can just add idefender + igalvanic without ipower if your source is very clean or use another LPS for the idefender. Or you can combine micro USB + igalvanic. I don't need all the functions on micro USB. For me the idefender/ipower/igalvanic works perfectly, and most economical (I got with the bundle when on promotion) . Perhaps a nice LPS would be next upgrade, that hopefully can power other components too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back