iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Apr 27, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,396 of 2,172
It does not charge your phone if you have it connected properly, from the back where it says “digital input”. It charges from the side.
If the led is flashing red, it needs to be charged (from the side).

Here's the manual.
Thank you for the manual, but I meant that it starts charging from my phone when I connect my phone to the Signature via USB OTG, because the indicator near the charging part is lit.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,401 of 2,172
Hi everybody, I just got my Signature, and I suspect that it starts charging once I connect it to phone, the charging led starts flashing. Is there a way to prevent the Signature from charging from phone? Thanks in advance!

As folks have stated, it looks like you don't have it connected properly. The Signature should be connected to the OTG port in the back, NOT the USB-C port which is the only possible way it could be charging.

Post up a pic if you have additional questions, and we can help you!

Does Signature produce the same amount of power in Watts if I use Eco or Normal or Turbo mode with the same sound volume? I mean sound volume, not the same volume control position.

Turbo mode:

Power (max) - 10.0V/4,100 mW
Power (continuous) ->1,560 mW @ 64 Ohm, >166 mW @ 600 Ohm

Normal mode:

Power (max) - 5.5V/1,900 mW
Power (continuous) - >100 mW @ 300 Ohm, >950 mW @ 32 Ohm

Eco mode:

Power (max) - 2.0V/500 mW @ 8 Ohm
Power (continuous) >250 mW @ 16 Ohm

You can find this info in the user manual for future reference. Hope this is what you were looking for!

As you can see here, there are differences in the number of power in watts between normal and Turbo mode.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #1,403 of 2,172
I know this is about the Signature, but I hope a Black Label question is fine here too (haven't found a thread for the BL): does the BL come with a cable or an adapter that'll let me connect it to my iPhone? I already have Lightning to USB-A and Lightning to USB-C cables I could use for that. Or do I have to get something extra?

Also, does a regular ol' USB 2.0 port on a PC charge these things fast enough to make them essentially work like desktop amps, or will I run into situations where the battery will sloooowly drain overtime and I'll have to take breaks to let it charge (say, low battery charge in the morning and I want to start listening right away and do it all day)?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #1,404 of 2,172
Turbo mode:

Normal mode:

Eco mode:

You can find this info in the user manual for future reference. Hope this is what you were looking for!

As you can see here, there are differences in the number of power in watts between normal and Turbo mode.
Thanks. So, for example, Normal mode, Power (continuous) -> 950mW @ 32 Ohm = max power for 32 Ohm?
If set the same volume level(not volume control position), I'll get the same output power for Eco or Normal modes for 32 Ohm?

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #1,409 of 2,172
Nice rig. Please be sure to retest when you get the Beyer and let me know.

In my case almost right after turn on there is sound on the left and it keeps getting louder up to 10 o'clock. Then the right one comes in.
Did you play with other gain settings? Just curious.

About the MQA I imagine you have tidal setup correctly, with "exclusive mode" and "volume control only on device" enabled. And full pass throughhardware decoding dissabled. Those are the correct settings.

Cheers
HELLO, i have this exact same issue as you explained and at similar volume levels. My headphones are Focal Radiance with 6.35mm connection. I don’t have 4.4 to test.
Very frustrating. Also horrible click sound when turning on/off.

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #1,410 of 2,172
As folks have stated, it looks like you don't have it connected properly. The Signature should be connected to the OTG port in the back, NOT the USB-C port which is the only possible way it could be charging.

Post up a pic if you have additional questions, and we can help you!

Turbo mode:

Normal mode:

Eco mode:

Hello IFI,

Please can you reply on this thread about the frustrations regarding sound left to right. If we have this issue do we need an exchange? I have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back