iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Feb 10, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,156 of 2,172
Are you running firmware 5.2 Limoncello? I recently had to reapply the firmware again since the first time I flash it I noticed I was still getting the magenta LED light and it was processing the TIDAL MQAs. I did a second firmware flash and it worked. firmware 5.2 will only handle a max DSD256 on mac or DSD512 on windows.

Also, what are you seeing on your mac when you check the hardware info? This is what mine shows me.Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 9.37.18 PM.png
Yes I have tried changing it to v5.2 multiple times. The firmware version always stays at v1.5. In fact I have wrote multiple posts on this exact thread about it and have contacted support multiple times. I’m not the only person who was having this problem on this thread. I’m aware of Mac’s limitations with DoP vs native DSD on Windows.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #1,157 of 2,172
both 7.0 and 7.0c have same description right now on iFi's site

At our site you should see this:
  • 7.0c – GTO Filter / MQA / DSD256 (Sub-version)
  • 7.0 – MQA / DSD256 (Cookies & Cream – core firmware)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 10, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #1,158 of 2,172
How does the ghent cable compare with the stock blue one?
Honestly I have not compared them. I just prefer the black one due to aesthetics and the length is custom to what I prefer.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #1,159 of 2,172
both 7.0 and 7.0c have same description right now on iFi's site
Yes this was confusing the hell out of me.

@iFi audio see this in the C&C section. IMO you should correct this for your users who might be reading this and get confused, just trying to help my fellow users..
Capture.PNG

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,162 of 2,172
It seems that I have one of the first devices (received the Signature already on October). Will I never get firmware updates for my Signature?

Same question here @iFi audio . I too have received early serial number less than 2014001021 for the Signature unit. Is it fair to make changes / upgrade internal components for the same model with different serial numbers? I would never pre-order again an ifi product if this is how the early buyers are treated differently. 👎

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #1,163 of 2,172
Same question here @iFi audio . I too have received early serial number less than 2014001021 for the Signature unit. Is it fair to make changes / upgrade internal components for the same model with different serial numbers? I would never pre-order again an ifi product if this is how the early buyers are treated differently. 👎

To make matters worse in India - the sole distributor of ifi products- Headphonezone took pre-order for a price of 65000 Indian Rupees (equivalent to 892 $) whereas in international market it is priced at 649$. And later they decreased the price by 5000 Indian Rupees, (which they refunded me when I wrote them back asking my concern around how pre-order item are priced and how can they decrease price within a month). Even then its much higher price compared to international market. Headphonezone having a monopoly in audio equipment dealership - we don’t have a choice in India.

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #1,164 of 2,172
To make matters worse in India - the sole distributor of ifi products- Headphonezone took pre-order for a price of 65000 Indian Rupees (equivalent to 892 $) whereas in international market it is priced at 649$. And later they decreased the price by 5000 Indian Rupees, (which they refunded me when I wrote them back asking my concern around how pre-order item are priced and how can they decrease price within a month). Even then its much higher price compared to international market. Headphonezone having a monopoly in audio equipment dealership - we don’t have a choice in India.
Well, in Russia it is about 930 USD (MSRP, 4 dealers) if you convert it in dollars. I bought it with a good discount for about 740 USD.
If I buy it abroad I would pay shipping (it varies) + customs fee (~68 USD).

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #1,167 of 2,172
Is the import / customs duty higher in Russia?
Don't know. Never thought about it)
Could be around 5% + VAT (18%).
This probably leads to a higher MSRP.

On the other hand, I bought a combo from burson audio this year (dac + amp) locally and it costed me the same money if I would buy directly from them.

Some dealers are more greedy than others)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #1,168 of 2,172
It seems that I have one of the first devices (received the Signature already in October). My serial number is 20140001xx. Will I never get firmware updates for my Signature?
My understanding is that if your serial number is less than the serial number indicated then it’s fine to stay with v5 firmwares. V7 is just patched up v5.3 firmware because ifi wasn’t aware that the XMOS chips changed mid production. I have never heard of a tech/hardware company not intimately aware of changes in their upstream parts.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,169 of 2,172
Yes I have tried changing it to v5.2 multiple times. The firmware version always stays at v1.5. In fact I have wrote multiple posts on this exact thread about it and have contacted support multiple times. I’m not the only person who was having this problem on this thread. I’m aware of Mac’s limitations with DoP vs native DSD on Windows.
Weird, I’m curious to know where you see the version 1.5 since they came with 5.3. Do you have a screen shot from your Mac displaying this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back