iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Nov 13, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #451 of 2,172
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #454 of 2,172
The iDSD Micro Signature is now on USA Amazon.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #455 of 2,172
Nov 14, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #457 of 2,172
....New here - hello to all.
Just received my Micro IDSD Signature. First IFI product so I can't answer to co comparisons with Black Label.
Initially, what I can say is that this sounds very good out of the box -
I wanted something that I can use anywhere in my home without sacrificing the sound I get from plugging in to my main systems.
I've tried it briefly with my 660s, and LCD2 and they match very well.

It's charging right now and I will share my thoughts on how it compares with my other gear. If this was to be my only dac/amp I would be quite satisfied.

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #459 of 2,172
RE: Micro IDSD Sig -
I have a question - Do you charge this with the unit turned on, or off???

For a quicker charge, you can charge with this unit off. Alternatively, you can charge it and use it at the same time (e.x. with a USB C cable coming from a wall adapter or your computer).

Let me know if that answer your question!

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #460 of 2,172
I received the iDSD signature yesterday. The iDSD is now being charged and later today I will start a listening session. Some pictures...

Thanks for taking these beautiful shots, looking forward to your impressions as well!

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #461 of 2,172
I used to own the Micro iDSD BL and while it's been a while, the Signature seems much more svelte. Nice improvements @iFi audio! My only niggle is my unit unfortunately had a couple micro scratches on the case out of the box, which are only visible at certain angles :frowning2:

HiBy R5 running UAPP > OTG Cable > Signature and working flawlessly for streaming Tidal (including MQA) and Qobuz after fixing the settings in UAPP. Initial impressions are quite good. It has gobs of power for IEMs. I have to use Eco mode and IEMatch to have any play with the volume pot.

I saw some discussion about channel imbalance earlier in the thread and I can say that I did experience with at extremely low volume (like just after it turns on). I've only tried one pair of IEMs so far, which happen to be my most sensitive (HYLA Sarda, 7ohm), so YMMV. With these on Eco mode and IEM Match off there's a little background noise at past 12 o' clock, but this would be so loud I'm certain it would cause hearing damage. With IEMatch engaged in High Sensitivity no noise even at max volume on the pot.

IMG_5177.jpeg

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #462 of 2,172
For a quicker charge, you can charge with this unit off. Alternatively, you can charge it and use it at the same time (e.x. with a USB C cable coming from a wall adapter or your computer).

Let me know if that answer your question!
I'm using an Apple laptop cube charger - That comes with the computer. The blue light came on, and went off after about 10 sec. How do I know it's charging - or when it's charged? With the unit on the light continually flashes.

I did notice that when turned on - but not connected to a source - the LED flashes - Is this showing battery strength?

The manual does not give enough detail.

Thanks

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #463 of 2,172
Which LED are you talking about? The big one on the front, or the little one that’s to the right of the charging port? You should be looking at the little one by the charging port.

1598CFAF-6026-4B34-B273-6CE8B157C6AF.jpeg

For example mine is playing right now and the LED is solid white. When charging it will have the same colors, but flashing instead of solid.

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #464 of 2,172
Indeed it is, and here is the link, straight from us!
Nothing against buying direct from IFI, but nothing beats the convenience and security of having something delivered to my local Amazon locker, which you can do only if it ships from Amazon. Would love to see this available via Amazon fulfillment like most of IFI's other products.

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #465 of 2,172
Which LED are you talking about? The big one on the front, or the little one that’s to the right of the charging port? You should be looking at the little one by the charging port.

For example mine is playing right now and the LED is solid white. When charging it will have the same colors, but flashing instead of solid.
OH, that little light.......
FYI - it doesn't charge on the larger laptop/Ipad cube - just the small iphone cube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back