iFi audio iDSD Diablo - A portable reference done our way!
Mar 16, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #931 of 2,988
If you only got it 5 days ago then why dot you just return it?
I could return it but I honestly don’t want to simply out of guilt haha. They’re so nice and were so helpful to me (plus I actually already returned one thing), that I don’t want to return another item. They’re family-owned and I know returns take a hit on the dealer. So I’m just taking the loss myself to save them the trouble.

Edit: from Bloom Audio. Forgot to mention that

Mar 16, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #933 of 2,988
Is the iPurifier not included with recent shipments? Checking locally and can't confirm for sure before I purchase.
Just picked a new one up and the iPurifier3 was still in the box

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #935 of 2,988
my unit with upgrade 7c the colors always yellow with the mqa of tidal magenta shouldn't the mqa always be yellow too? thank you
Nope that's a 'thing'. GTO upsamples and the colour reflects the sample rate hitting the DAC chip. For MQA to work, GTO is disabled because MQA is a sort of filter/process that requires the data to be unadulterated.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #936 of 2,988
Nope that's a 'thing'. GTO upsamples and the colour reflects the sample rate hitting the DAC chip. For MQA to work, GTO is disabled because MQA is a sort of filter/process that requires the data to be unadulterated.
sorry to the translator it's a mess ... so I understand that mqa is magenta and yellow for the rest ...
Thanks a lot for the answer

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #937 of 2,988
With Firmware 7.0C I've given up trying to figure out why some MQAs are magenta and some stay yellow... >..<

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #938 of 2,988
sorry to the translator it's a mess ... so I understand that mqa is magenta and yellow for the rest ...
Thanks a lot for the answer

With Firmware 7.0C I've given up trying to figure out why some MQAs are magenta and some stay yellow... >..<

Can you both PM me with your serial numbers? Thank you!

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #939 of 2,988
I’m considering getting a Diablo. What headphones and iems have people found good synergy with it?

Mar 18, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #940 of 2,988
I’m considering getting a Diablo. What headphones and iems have people found good synergy with it?
Easier to highlight what doesn’t haha..

I heard sensitive IEMs like Andromeda have issues without IEMatch?

I like them with the HD800S.. A lot..

Mar 18, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #941 of 2,988
For the Chord fans: https://audiobacon.net/2021/03/17/hqplayer-better-than-a-5000-upscaler/ the same upscaled software can be used with Diablo!

...But yes, we’re talking about $260 versus over $5,000 here...
...Bottomline: Take HQPlayer’s upscaler, add a bit more depth, image size, tone, and texture and you have a Hugo M Scaler...
...If you enjoy a liquid sound, neutral-greyish tone, with analog solidity…you’ve just struck gold. HQPlayer is one of the best “bang for the buck” products in this industry. You’ll get a ton of value from HQPlayer as it is not only affordable – but serves as a transformative complement for any DAC. With its long list of filters – there’s something for everyone...

My Diablo is arriving monday or tuesday, next weekend after burn in it, I will post what I think about its sound!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #943 of 2,988
For the Chord fans: https://audiobacon.net/2021/03/17/hqplayer-better-than-a-5000-upscaler/ the same upscaled software can be used with Diablo!

...But yes, we’re talking about $260 versus over $5,000 here...
...Bottomline: Take HQPlayer’s upscaler, add a bit more depth, image size, tone, and texture and you have a Hugo M Scaler...
...If you enjoy a liquid sound, neutral-greyish tone, with analog solidity…you’ve just struck gold. HQPlayer is one of the best “bang for the buck” products in this industry. You’ll get a ton of value from HQPlayer as it is not only affordable – but serves as a transformative complement for any DAC. With its long list of filters – there’s something for everyone...

My Diablo is arriving monday or tuesday, next weekend after burn in it, I will post what I think about its sound!
FWIW, I don't hear a noticeable difference going through HQPlayer in Roon vs Roon to Diablo direct. At least not with my HD800S and my ears... so I'm gonna save $5260

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #944 of 2,988
HD800S, HD660S, TH900mk2, Elysium, to name a few...

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #945 of 2,988
FWIW, I don't hear a noticeable difference going through HQPlayer in Roon vs Roon to Diablo direct. At least not with my HD800S and my ears... so I'm gonna save $5260
You can save US$260.00 not US$5,260.00!
BTW, Roon is 3 times the price of HQPlayer and its sounds is only fair, even Audirvana sounds better than Roon, at least with my HD800S also!
Anyway, if only you can't listen the huge difference, good to you, I like Roon only for the another features, not sound quality.
Before use equalization with my HD800S, I listened much more the HD650 and Oppo PM-1, because was so easy get fadigue with HD800S...

P.S.: I'm not a HQPlayer seller, only a very satisfied customer!
Its US$260.00 ticket was the best cost/performance ratio for me in 4 decades!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back