iFi audio iDSD Diablo - A portable reference done our way!
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #121 of 2,988
Has the audio cutouts in the first few seconds with MQA streaming in Tidal ever been fixed in the BL/Signature and now in Diablo? This has been a problem with Zen Dac and kills the enjoyment especially for gapless albums

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #122 of 2,988
I wish is was blue, but we both agree against red.
07503CB2-978E-445F-898B-64A44F6319B8.jpeg

The blue IS really really ridiculously good looking 😂

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #123 of 2,988
Has the audio cutouts in the first few seconds with MQA streaming in Tidal ever been fixed in the BL/Signature and now in Diablo? This has been a problem with Zen Dac and kills the enjoyment especially for gapless albums
Just checked for you on the Signature. Good news is it’s not at all an issue. Bad news is DSOTM is not in Tidel Masters format. 🥺
Had to check on Billy Breaths and you’re good.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #126 of 2,988
I recalled why I didn't get other iDSD - balanced connection.
Now this Diablo has one, but I got Hugo2 last week. so let's see how this play out.
May someone with both Hugo 2 and Diablo share the comparison.

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #129 of 2,988
I recalled why I didn't get other iDSD - balanced connection.
Now this Diablo has one, but I got Hugo2 last week. so let's see how this play out.
May someone with both Hugo 2 and Diablo share the comparison.
diablo is more powerful....hugo2 is in another league as a DAC...I say that as an owner of ifi DAC's and the hugo2

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #133 of 2,988
I have to say i'm disappointed with ifi's pricing - I used to see them like the Schiit of small/portable audio, good value and good sound, but what I'm seeing now is greediness and trying to ride on their old successes (micro idsd bl/nano idsd/iphono) - they have created some budget devices recently which gives me hope but all of their "upgrades" to their classic micro line are much more costly now, competing with some serious heavyweights.. I can buy the RME ADI 2 for the similar price as the new idsds, and that looks like serious kit without any volume pot imbalance/crackling and huge amount of features including eq, not to mention renowned sound quality in a small box.

I'm keen to read some critical listening reviews, where the price and competition are seriously taken into consideration.

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #134 of 2,988
You have the Diablo? How does it compare to signature?
I do not, but I do have the signature and apparently the DAC chip is the same and I can attest to the fact that the hugo 2 DAC is better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back