iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Nov 19, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,426 of 2,122
True, true on individual perception of sound quality between different hardware! I was left wondering if my iPhone and iPad were capable enough to justify spending more money on the iFi Go Pod. To each his own as they say. Maybe I should be asking myself if going wireless with the Sennheiser IEM is going to satisfy me enough vs. using the wired Chord Mojo 2 with the IE 600. I certainly do understand BT vs. wireless is usually a trade off.

One thing I just noticed on a YouTube video is the the IEM get detached from the Go Pods for charging. Is this going to be a lot of wear and tear on the IEM disconnecting and connecting for charging?

In the end I think I may order the iFi Go Pod and give them a try, and return them if I don't find them satisfying enough.
You don't have to disconnect the iem I leave then in all the time

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #1,432 of 2,122
Did you buy through the support directly? As I cannot find MMCX or 2PIN in standalone
Yes, I bought my iFi GO Pod and the spare earhooks from the iFi Audio website in the UK.
If I recall correctly, I've opened a ticket expressing my interest and when they've got them available, they provided their details and I've paid them via PayPal.
Then I replied to the support ticket to confirm, along with my preferred delivery address, and they've arranged the dispatch.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #1,434 of 2,122
this is a good alternative to the go pods, for about half the cost: https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/rmce-tw2?variant=RMCE-TW2

the lack of a good app and eq on the go pod is a significant negative for me, so I tried the Shure TW2 bluetooth adapter which I am very impressed, more so than I expected.

* Highligh is the fantastic app, which offers lovely eq configuration saveble as presets, which are saved on the adaptors themselves, so the EQ works globally for all audio. The software of the app is very intuitive, stable and the eq editing is excellent (and offers full adjustable PEQ bands). So I have tailored EQ to fix some frequency problems in my IEMs: Andromeda, JVC FDX1 and 7hz timeless as different presets.

* Connection has zero issues and is very stable with my iphone. Offers different gain stages (as presets for their Shure iems via the app, but this works fine with any other mmcx iems)

* Comfort is superb, I barely feel them.

* All of the above would be for nothing if the sound quality wasn't good. Luckily it is really good for an adapter - sound better than my Qudelix 5k if I'm honest. It has a pleasant cohesive sound, with good left right separation and oomph/density in mid bass/bass. i can hear difference between Apple Music, Youtube Music and Qobuz apps - which leads me to believe the TW2 has very good resolution and transparency to be able to differentiate these sources.
I have the newest iPhone, which seems to have better bluetooth sound (probably the bluetooth is improved/bitpool increased - not sure if it's OS or hardware improvement).

I'm sure the go pod sounds even better(er), but I'm not convinced its a significant jump enough to sacrifice great app usability and EQ (I've baselined the TW2 against my other sources like the ifi gryphon/qudelix 5k - it's in good company)

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,435 of 2,122
:lollipop:

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,436 of 2,122
I love my ifi Go Pods as it is a wicked combo with my Sennheiser IR 900's

BUT who the f came up with the idea, that the connection between the adapter and the unit itself should be a two pin connector!?!?
This seems like a major design blunder and whoever made that decision should be forced to change adapters for a couple of hours as punishment 🙉

Why not make a connector that you can actually connect with ease!?

And yes, I just tried changing to a second pair of adapters to use another set of IEM's - So far no luck 🤬

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #1,437 of 2,122
1 Month in now living with the Go Pods.

Main use case is 6-7 hours a day usage, 5 days a week at work so I've gotten a decent amount of head time with them.

My experience with them continues to be flawless with no hiccups. LDAC 990KBPS/909KBPS with a Samsung Fold 4.

Battery life is fantastic and noticeably better than the UTSW5 I was using before. Those would be dying about 6 hours in whereas the Go Pods are running strong at that point with still about half battery left. Never have I triggered low battery warnings yet... just awesome. They charge up super quick as well and I only have to throw the case on my wireless charging pad once every week and a half or so.

Connectivity is always great and I've never had them cut out or anything like that. Taking them out of the case and they connect immediately and putting them back in turns them off for good.. everything works as expected.

I would highly recommend these, they continue to impress me 👌

Nov 24, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,438 of 2,122
1 Month in now living with the Go Pods.

Main use case is 6-7 hours a day usage, 5 days a week at work so I've gotten a decent amount of head time with them.

My experience with them continues to be flawless with no hiccups. LDAC 990KBPS/909KBPS with a Samsung Fold 4.

Battery life is fantastic and noticeably better than the UTSW5 I was using before. Those would be dying about 6 hours in whereas the Go Pods are running strong at that point with still about half battery left. Never have I triggered low battery warnings yet... just awesome. They charge up super quick as well and I only have to throw the case on my wireless charging pad once every week and a half or so.

Connectivity is always great and I've never had them cut out or anything like that. Taking them out of the case and they connect immediately and putting them back in turns them off for good.. everything works as expected.

I would highly recommend these, they continue to impress me 👌
Thanks for your thoughts here, and we are glad you and others are having great experiences with them!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 25, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,439 of 2,122
PSX_20231126_083123.jpg

Took forever, but my replacement Go Pod final arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back