iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Nov 9, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #1,411 of 2,101
While I can completely agree with you in one sense, I also have to take into consideration the designers, as both are valid perspectives, we shall see what shakes out from all of the suggestions!

And thanks for yours!

Cheers!!

Bubba
I totally agree that it should support ambient sound mode too.

Even if it doesn't have to be a particularly powerful ambient sound mode, I'd be happy with just enough so that I don't have to take my Go Pod out when I simply need to talk to other people.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #1,412 of 2,101
I totally agree that it should support ambient sound mode too.

Even if it doesn't have to be a particularly powerful ambient sound mode, I'd be happy with just enough so that I don't have to take my Go Pod out when I simply need to talk to other people.
I understand and will pass this comment on to the folks who handle this, Thanks!

Cheers!!

Bubba

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 11, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #1,413 of 2,101
The design mode they're going for here is cheaper. The only thing they are being minimalist about here is not the user experience, but spending the most minimal amount of money they can into this product.

If you don't want to use the app you don't have to. Most people will maybe to set something up or get some settings they like and then set it and forget it. And then not use the app. Or maybe they won't use the app at all. And some will use it. Source: look at any TWS thread and most people like to have a decent app and features.

It's giving consumers a basic option That is extremely common with TWS. This is not asking for some exotic experience or anything. This is basic functionality of TWS these days.

This whole notion about a pristine app free experience is just an excuse for we're too cheap to design two good apps, one for iOS and one for Android.

But will charge the most premium price possible anyway. That's the kicker.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #1,414 of 2,101
The design mode they're going for here is cheaper. The only thing they are being minimalist about here is not the user experience, but spending the most minimal amount of money they can into this product.

If you don't want to use the app you don't have to. Most people will maybe to set something up or get some settings they like and then set it and forget it. And then not use the app. Or maybe they won't use the app at all. And some will use it. Source: look at any TWS thread and most people like to have a decent app and features.

It's giving consumers a basic option That is extremely common with TWS. This is not asking for some exotic experience or anything. This is basic functionality of TWS these days.

This whole notion about a pristine app free experience is just an excuse for we're too cheap to design two good apps, one for iOS and one for Android.

But will charge the most premium price possible anyway. That's the kicker.
You have beaten this drum enough, haven’t you?

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #1,415 of 2,101
Nov 12, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,417 of 2,101
On my GoPods, when they are both in the charging case, only the left pod shows red. The right pod is not lit. I'm worried this means it's not charging?
You might need to give it a gentle press to ensure contact is made. Happens to me quite often, but some gentle manipulation fixes it.

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #1,419 of 2,101
Has anyone been experiencing issues with their phone pairing to the pods when they've not been in use for a while? I always make sure that the red charging light is on before closing the case yet sometimes they will remain paired with my phone indefinitely until I manually disable bluetooth. During this time, the case is not being moved and the phone is not playing any audio. Sometimes they disconnect correctly when storing them (again, ensuring the charging light comes on) only for my phone to randomly pair with them the next day even though the case hasn't been touched for 12+ hours.

Phone in question is galaxy s23 ultra, pods are running the latest firmware version. Aside from the issues around pairing & unpairing they've been great.

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,420 of 2,101
Has anyone been experiencing issues with their phone pairing to the pods when they've not been in use for a while? I always make sure that the red charging light is on before closing the case yet sometimes they will remain paired with my phone indefinitely until I manually disable bluetooth. During this time, the case is not being moved and the phone is not playing any audio. Sometimes they disconnect correctly when storing them (again, ensuring the charging light comes on) only for my phone to randomly pair with them the next day even though the case hasn't been touched for 12+ hours.

Phone in question is galaxy s23 ultra, pods are running the latest firmware version. Aside from the issues around pairing & unpairing they've been great.
When this happens are both red lights on? I’ve had this happen but when I open the case I realize that one or the other hook is not charging.

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #1,421 of 2,101
When this happens are both red lights on? I’ve had this happen but when I open the case I realize that one or the other hook is not charging.

both charging lights on.

In the case where it happens after a long period of not being touched, I can only assume that 1 or more pods erroneously think they've been removed from the case.

In the case where they remain paired even when both lights are steady red, I don't have a clue. You'd think that would trigger them to disconnect consistently, yet they do not.

Nov 14, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #1,422 of 2,101

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. What you describe has never happened to me. I am using my GO Pod every day for at least 5 and a half hours, sometimes even for a full 7 hours. Besides the GO Pod, I also have and use the Galaxy Buds2 Pro. Again, no issue.

If your phone is fully up to date and if you've unpaired and re-paired them, and the issue still continues, I'd suggest to contact iFi Support, providing a screenshot of the Software Information of your phone (Settings--> About Phone---> Software Information).

I've met plenty of people complaining about this issue with the FiiO UTWS5. You're the first person reporting this for the GO Pod.

PS: Oh! And, before all the above, try to clean it with Isopropyl Alcohol!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,423 of 2,101

I'm tempted by the iFi audio Go Pods, but I'm wondering if using these with my Sennheiser IE600 are going to really give me better sound than my BT B&W Pi7 S2 ear pods? Note I'm limited to using an iPhone 13 ProMax and/iPad Pro which I understand have limited CODECS. I do use Apple Music, Tidal and Quobuz streaming.

Sorry for the bold type. I can't seem to get rid of it in this posting. :rolling_eyes:

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #1,424 of 2,101

I'm tempted by the iFi audio Go Pods, but I'm wondering if using these with my Sennheiser IE600 are going to really give me better sound than my BT B&W Pi7 S2 ear pods? Note I'm limited to using an iPhone 13 ProMax and/iPad Pro which I understand have limited CODECS. I do use Apple Music, Tidal and Quobuz streaming.

Sorry for the bold type. I can't seem to get rid of it in this posting. :rolling_eyes:
Are you asking if a specific IEM on the Go Pod will sound better than a particular TWS? The most significant determinant will be your preferences for the sound signatures of the IEMs themselves…

The benefit of the Go Pods is that it turns all of your IEMs into TWS devices, so you have much more flexibility to select sound signatures. The downside is the Go Pods + IEM combination will be more bulky that a TWS.

Whether one sounds better than the other is completely in how you hear things.

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,425 of 2,101
Are you asking if a specific IEM on the Go Pod will sound better than a particular TWS? The most significant determinant will be your preferences for the sound signatures of the IEMs themselves…

The benefit of the Go Pods is that it turns all of your IEMs into TWS devices, so you have much more flexibility to select sound signatures. The downside is the Go Pods + IEM combination will be more bulky that a TWS.

Whether one sounds better than the other is completely in how you hear things.
True, true on individual perception of sound quality between different hardware! I was left wondering if my iPhone and iPad were capable enough to justify spending more money on the iFi Go Pod. To each his own as they say. Maybe I should be asking myself if going wireless with the Sennheiser IEM is going to satisfy me enough vs. using the wired Chord Mojo 2 with the IE 600. I certainly do understand BT vs. wireless is usually a trade off.

One thing I just noticed on a YouTube video is the the IEM get detached from the Go Pods for charging. Is this going to be a lot of wear and tear on the IEM disconnecting and connecting for charging?

In the end I think I may order the iFi Go Pod and give them a try, and return them if I don't find them satisfying enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back