iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Oct 14, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,351 of 2,112
deleted

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,352 of 2,112
H
I figured out a fix until iFi has a decent firmware out with a respectable app. I got a pixel watch 2 promo with the pixel 8 pro purchase. Volur to FiiO BTR7 and the watch has spotify controls. The biggest thing for me was being able to pause and skip tracks and adjust volume without taking my phone out of my pocket. This does the trick. I don't mind the wire of the IEM if they are not tethered to my phone. Plugged into the BTR7 it's much easier to deal with. Fully wireless would be ideal, but the Go Pod have a few compromises. And since that case is so insultingly big, a small case with the BTR7 and the Volur inside is not much bigger. If the Go Pod case was a reasonable size and sleek design, that would be more points in its favor, but they under-engineered it, got lazy.
i really like the Qudelix 5k as alternative

Oct 14, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,353 of 2,112
What's the general consensus about call quality while connected to the Go Pod's?

While main use case is of course music it'd be nice not to have to completely disconnect from the Pods if needing to take phone calls mid session.

Oct 14, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,354 of 2,112
All my WhatsApp calls, as well as normal calls, are of excellent quality and the GO Pod functions as expected with my Samsung S23 Ultra. I am usually talking to friends and family and their voices sound truly natural to me.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #1,355 of 2,112
I figured out a fix until iFi has a decent firmware out with a respectable app. I got a pixel watch 2 promo with the pixel 8 pro purchase. Volur to FiiO BTR7 and the watch has spotify controls. The biggest thing for me was being able to pause and skip tracks and adjust volume without taking my phone out of my pocket. This does the trick. I don't mind the wire of the IEM if they are not tethered to my phone. Plugged into the BTR7 it's much easier to deal with. Fully wireless would be ideal, but the Go Pod have a few compromises. And since that case is so insultingly big, a small case with the BTR7 and the Volur inside is not much bigger. If the Go Pod case was a reasonable size and sleek design, that would be more points in its favor, but they under-engineered it, got lazy.
Just out of curiosity and for other members to be helped here, may I ask you what issues exactly are you facing with your GO Pod?

So, if I got it right, you have brand new Google Pixel 8 Pro, correct? What problems are you facing?
Are you using UAPP, do you listen to your own WAV/FLAC/mp3 files?
Are you using any streaming services (Amazon Music, Qobuz etc)?
I assume you are listening to LDAC 990/909kbps and switching on, straight away, via the Bluetooth Codec Changer app. Correct?

So, what issue are you facing with this new phone? (which I assume is fully up to date).

PS: You are running Android 14. IF you're using Amazon Music Unlimited, is it bit-perfect on Android 14 now?
PPS: I am also controlling my music from my Samsung Watch5 Pro sometimes because GO Pod's touch buttons are a bit sensitive.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #1,356 of 2,112
Fixed: I think it's the higher rez LDAC that was causing a problem. Dropped the Shanling down to AptX and all is good.

Update:

I have only one issue. I thought it was the Shanling M0 Pro, but now see that it is the iFi Go Pod.

Works: Roon to OnePlus Pad to iFi go Pod - gapless playback works flawlessly. Connects via highest quality (can't remember exactly).
Doesn't work: Shanling M0 Pro to iFi Go Pod - gap between each song. There's a second or so silence / delay. Almost like it disconnects and reconnects. I'll try a lesser quality connection to see if this works. Also, I must be right by the player for there not to be drop outs.
Works: Shanling M0 Pro to B & O H8i bluetooth headphones. Connects via AptX. Good distance.

I mix my own stuff to jog and lift weights to. MixMeister (I think it's dead, now) but works for me, mixing software.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #1,357 of 2,112
Just ordered these bad boys finally.

Judging by how people have described the sound I'm looking forward to oodles of thumping meaty bass on my OG Campfire Audio Vega's.

Hopefully I also have a completely pain free seamless experience like most fellow Samsung users on here seem to be having 😀

Oct 20, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #1,358 of 2,112
Just ordered these bad boys finally.

Judging by how people have described the sound I'm looking forward to oodles of thumping meaty bass on my OG Campfire Audio Vega's.

Hopefully I also have a completely pain free seamless experience like most fellow Samsung users on here seem to be having 😀
Update:

AptX 'classic' works gapless without any studder or stop. I've just checked. I'll try a higher quality later, but for now, this works well!

They are the real deal.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #1,359 of 2,112
They are the real deal. Need to figure out why gapless with a Shanling MO Pro is glitchy. Maybe the codec???
I think you need to contact iFi Support with a detailed explanation of your issue. I think it is the best.

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,360 of 2,112
I think you need to contact iFi Support with a detailed explanation of your issue. I think it is the best.
AptX classic is now working for me. All is good. Love these things!

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #1,363 of 2,112
The IE600 family has a recessed mmcx connection that is not compatible with regular mmcx. You have to ask iFi for a new recessed mmcx earhooks.
Thanks
I thought the newer (latest) hardware versions included them
And I thought they were sold separately (for those who have an older version that didn't include them).

So
1. They don't sell them separately but they will send you them to you upon request?
2. They are not included with the latest hardware versions?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #1,364 of 2,112
So
1. They don't sell them separately but they will send you them to you upon request?
2. They are not included with the latest hardware versions?

1. My version did not include the modified version and iFi sent me the new ones upon request.
2. I cannot confirm if the latest hardware already include the new version.

Until now iFi support has been very helpful with all my requests.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,365 of 2,112
iFi Support have been very helpful and efficient with all my requests, too! I've also bought 2 extra pairs, one MMCX and one 2-pin 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back