iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Aug 6, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,111 of 2,171
I have been using my GO Pod + RAPTGO HOOK-X for the entire previous week, for six consecutive days, during my 30 minutes jogging sessions, in the park right across my street. I am happy to report that everything felt great, I haven't had any fitting issues and I fully enjoyed it! Even today, when I was running under fairly heavy rain, I have not faced any issue, disconnections or sound quality loss. Really happy about this! :)

Aug 6, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #1,113 of 2,171
Aug 6, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,114 of 2,171
Not a single complaint in 3 days. What's wrong with you people!!

Here's one. Well I have praise first. After getting an mmcx connector that works with the IE600, cleaning the charging ports once a week or so, going through some charge cycles - the battery is now good, the pods charge the vast majority of the time you put them in the case, the first time, and there are many fewer cutouts.

But as I am packing for a trip to go out West for a bit, I'm a big bag and bag accessory guy, and the Go Pods case is just insultingly big and the design is cumbersome. It's not a uniform size, it's bottom gets bigger, with pointy edges, and it just doesn't fit in many places well at all. The case is great for keeping at home or putting in a backpack when you aren't filled with travel stuff. But as part of a travel load out, it's just nonsensical for an 'on the go' device. I've said this before but it has come to the forefront of my mind as I am packing today to leave early Tuesday morning. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for the engineering meeting on the design of a case for a device with 'Go' in it's name. Maybe everyone was hungover that day?

Otherwise, these sound great and now function quite well.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #1,115 of 2,171
I got a response from iFi Audio customer service regarding the Absolute Volume on Android 13 on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

They said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Nick,

I can confirm that our development team are actively investigating the unusual performance when the ‘Disable Absolute Volume’ feature is enabled. Regarding your particular use case, there should not in fact be any audible benefit to setting the phone volume to maximum and then adjusting at the GO pods, because of the way the GO pods’ analogue volume control operates. The following is taken from our GO pod IEM bundle product page:

“The GO pod benefits from hardware-based analogue volume control. The GO pod doesn’t rely on the software-based volume controls in connected digital devices, which can have a deleterious effect on audio resolution. Instead, adjusting the volume on the connected device controls the volume level in the DAC, rather than in the phone, tablet or computer.”

As a result of this, you should not need to enable the ‘Disable Absolute Volume’ in order to ensure maximum audio quality. Nevertheless, we identified during testing that our other Bluetooth devices do not appear to reset their volume after powering off when the ‘Disable Absolute Volume’ feature is enabled, and are therefore investigating this further to attempt to ensure feature parity between our Bluetooth devices.

Thank you again for your continued patience while we work towards our next firmware update, and we look forward to being able to provide this to you and our other GO pod users soon.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Technical Support Advisor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, for the time being, I have disabled this setting in the Developer Options of my phone. This way the GO Pod/my phone remember the last volume setting used. I do not have to live with the stress of remembering to lower the volume each time I want to use my GO Pod any more. 👍

Attachments

• absV_reply.png
    absV_reply.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #1,117 of 2,171
Wow, that's great! Could you please share the link what cable is that and where to buy? Thanks!
Cable is made out of Neotech UPOCC wires (4 pairs, about 7cm each) and 2 pairs of 0.78mm curved plugs. Made them myself.

Aug 8, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #1,118 of 2,171
@iFi audio
@Mr BubbaHyde

I have one important request. Please, ask if this can be implemented and when.

- Is it possible to add an option in the GAIA App so that the user can input (type-in) the impedance and sensitivity of their IEM?
- Is it possible to add an option in the GAIA App so that the user can turn off, switch off, the auto detection of the IEM impedance?

Please, reply on if this is possible or not, and how soon could this be implemented. In the screenshot you can see how Qudelix does it.

Thank you.
Hello?
A reply, please?

Aug 8, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #1,119 of 2,171
Hello?
A reply, please?
Thank you for your question,

I am not 100% sure it can be implemented, (Although I Do not see why it couldn't be), I do know it was brought up a few weeks ago when you asked and it is under consideration. As far as a time frame goes I would have literally no idea.

I would answer in the same way for the second question, both have been brought up and, "out of my hands" so to speak, :ksc75smile:

I think it's important to remember that the original intent of the GO Pods was a very simple "appless" high-end audio experience. Sort of a "put them on and go" type thing with not a ton of fumbling with an app to get great sound, simplicity over complexity.

We will surely update you if anything is mentioned.

Thanks again!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 9, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,120 of 2,171
Can anyone share their experiences with the touch controls on the Go Pod?

I’ve had mine for about two months now, bought it as a bundle with the 64 Audio U4s. The sound quality and comfort of the Go Pod is top notch in my opinion. However, the touch controls are complete crap. Anytime my finger touches the touch control on left or right it would either stop the music from playing, or disconnects the Bluetooth connection between the Go Pod and my Sony DAP. Multi-taps on the controls to skip tracks does not work, and neither does holding down the touch control to adjust volume.

iFi customer service told me that firmware update would fix the issue but that was a lie. My firmware is up to date and I still have the same touch control issues.

I’m glad I bought the Go Pod as a bundle, which saved me $200, instead of paying $400 to buy them separately. The cheap plastic case along with crappy touch controls and very poor user interface for firmware updates do not justify the $400 price tag.
Do the u12t’s get loud enough? Thx.

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,121 of 2,171

I am not 100% sure it can be implemented, (Although I Do not see why it couldn't be), I do know it was brought up a few weeks ago when you asked and it is under consideration. As far as a time frame goes I would have literally no idea.

I would answer in the same way for the second question, both have been brought up and, "out of my hands" so to speak, :ksc75smile:

I think it's important to remember that the original intent of the GO Pods was a very simple "appless" high-end audio experience. Sort of a "put them on and go" type thing with not a ton of fumbling with an app to get great sound, simplicity over complexity.

Thanks again!

Cheers!!

Nobody fumbles with a well made app. One fumbles with a poorly made app.

Aug 11, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,122 of 2,171

Thanks again!

Cheers!!
I understand you.

Would it be possible then to consider some other features like the below?

• A notification in your App regarding firmware updates.
  • Percentage Indicators showing the charge level for both GO Pods and its case
  • An indicator showing the current Volume Level
Thank you

Aug 12, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #1,123 of 2,171
Further update of my broken Go Pod: iFi customer service is able to help arranging my Go Pod to go back to the local retailer and they will help me to resend it back. So hopefully it will get fixed in no time.

Aug 13, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #1,124 of 2,171
Has anyone heard anything new regarding when we can expect a firmware update that fixes the phone drop after 10 minutes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back