iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
May 11, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #1,261 of 1,594
Is there an ASIO driver for GO BLUE ? Or it is just wasapi ? When I upgrade my recent Go BLU I saw a package of drivers for windows (left side of the page) I installed, but when I go to roon (usb connected) is just appear wasapi option.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,262 of 1,594
I thought all of this "adding channels together" nonsense was resolved years ago... In fact, I still remember when the standards changed (1970s I think)...

I see that Sony still rates per channel. I had no idea that others didn't.

It's more common for folks (including us) to do things differently.

Is there an ASIO driver for GO BLUE ? Or it is just wasapi ? When I upgrade my recent Go BLU I saw a package of drivers for windows (left side of the page) I installed, but when I go to roon (usb connected) is just appear wasapi option.

There is not an official ASIO driver - I would recommend downloading our official USB drivers however, seen here on the bottom left hand corner if you have not already:

https://ifi-audio.com/download-hub/

May 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,263 of 1,594
"Did you know iFi also has a Discord server? We're excited to be kicking thing up here! Come join the community to talk with iFi fans about iFi products in a unique live format that only Discord can provide. We look forward to seeing you there!

Join the server through this invite: https://discord.gg/CD47feXCR8"

May 19, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,265 of 1,594
May 20, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #1,267 of 1,594
Dear IFI, currently my device at latest firmware: 3.09.
I would like to clarify a few points about IFI Go Blu and Tidal Windows and Android app compatibility issues:
1. On Windows:
When using TIDAL in Exclusive mode, and changing between MQA and non-MQA tracks, volume could suddenly increase to very high levels, which could damage hearing. As I know, its well-known issue for a while, but wouldn't fixed yet.
If compare IFI GoBlu with Fiio Q3, Fiio Q3 has volume knob also, but device output volume can only be changed with volume knob, and can't be changed from any software.
Maybe you can do the same in IFI GoBlu, just give users an option which prevent volume control from software, give user full control of volume level only with volume knob?
2. On Android 12:
When I connect IFI GoBlu with USB cable to Android device, then had given direct access to DAC in TIDAL, TIDAL app freezes every time.
Its only possible to play music from TIDAL by USB through IFI GoBlu, if I decline TIDAL app request for DAC direct access.
Then I tried with iFi Micro iDSD Signature, same as before, approved direct access in TIDAL, TIDAL wasn't freeze, then everything works smooth...
Maybe you could contact with TIDAL R&D, and give them instructions how they software need to initialize/communicate with IFI GoBlu?

May 20, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,268 of 1,594
Dear IFI, currently my device at latest firmware: 3.09.
I would like to clarify a few points about IFI Go Blu and Tidal Windows and Android app compatibility issues:
1. On Windows:
When using TIDAL in Exclusive mode, and changing between MQA and non-MQA tracks, volume could suddenly increase to very high levels, which could damage hearing. As I know, its well-known issue for a while, but wouldn't fixed yet.
If compare IFI GoBlu with Fiio Q3, Fiio Q3 has volume knob also, but device output volume can only be changed with volume knob, and can't be changed from any software.
Maybe you can do the same in IFI GoBlu, just give users an option which prevent volume control from software, give user full control of volume level only with volume knob?
2. On Android 12:
When I connect IFI GoBlu with USB cable to Android device, then had given direct access to DAC in TIDAL, TIDAL app freezes every time.
Its only possible to play music from TIDAL by USB through IFI GoBlu, if I decline TIDAL app request for DAC direct access.
Then I tried with iFi Micro iDSD Signature, same as before, approved direct access in TIDAL, TIDAL wasn't freeze, then everything works smooth...
Maybe you could contact with TIDAL R&D, and give them instructions how they software need to initialize/communicate with IFI GoBlu?
1. iFi Go Blu comes with digital volume control not other device which offer analog volume pot…. so it behaves like that.

2.Micro iDSD Signature offer MQA support, Go Blu don’t…..so is the behaviour.

May 20, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #1,269 of 1,594
1. iFi Go Blu comes with digital volume control not other device which offer analog volume pot…. so it behaves like that.

2.Micro iDSD Signature offer MQA support, Go Blu don’t…..so is the behaviour.
1. Actually yes and no. When Fiio Q3 software gets froze, moving volume knob have no effect... This behavior could be set on firmware level.
2. This kind of behavior isn't normal. Whether DAC could "unfold" MQA or not, TIDAL will stream PCM into it, so DAC must be able to decode it. Same thing for Windows client, when I connect DAC to Windows, open TIDAL and choose "Exclusive" mode, DAC could process the audio signal, and nothing freeze...

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #1,270 of 1,594
I'm trying to update my firmware on Android, apparently I'm currently on 2.07 but every time I select a .bin I get this:

Screenshot_20220520-202859.png

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #1,271 of 1,594
I'm trying to update my firmware on Android, apparently I'm currently on 2.07 but every time I select a .bin I get this:

Has anyone experienced this?

I have not personally - have you been able to try with a different phone? Do you still get the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back