iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Mar 2, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #1,141 of 1,594
Jus to clarify, are you experiencing volume issues only in Tidal?

thanks for replies and comments. Ref this ^^^ yes pretty much but am also experiencing some weirdness with my other players, ie Musicbee and Roon. Firstly the in roon and musicbee, the weirdness which is identical for both; basically the sound levels are extremely high compared to Android, which makes controlling the volumes a bit tricky and it's combined with some weirdness when both are in Exclusive mode. The setting in windows is to allow exclusive control by applications...

1646200739114.png

When both apps are in exclusive mode

1646200835917.png

eg per above for roon, the windows volume control still applies, which is odd.

ie i can still control the sound via windows...

1646201002667.png

Back to the volume levels... as mentioned, in windows, they are extreme. If I max out the roon or musicbee internal levels, I can only put the windows levels at just above 0, like 2 or 4 out of 50, otherwise it's just too loud, and above 10 or so it starts clipping badly, for a normal listening volume at midway on windows, Im looking at -30 to 40db attenuation in Roon.

It's seeming really odd to me, and I'm not sure it's not affecting sound quality as a result.

In Tidal it's much worse as simple sound adjustments can suddenly put the volume at max through my iems (eg switching sources within the app), or making some windows volume adjustments or changing the parameters within tidal for the go blu); ie the sound control in Tidal is very unstable, and quite scary, lol.

EDIT... - I notice that if I'm connected to bluetooth via my android phone, and am hard wired to the pc, the android phone can still control the volume level on the Go Blu, which is weird, as the volume knob on the Go Blu controls the generic Windows volume level.

Any help you can advise is appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #1,142 of 1,594
Now I'm concerned about some reports of the drastic increase in volume.
Today after a few hours of listening, in a small adjustment on the blu, the volume went up so much that I had to immediately remove the heaphones.
What a dangerous situation...Now I'm scared.
It happened with the dac connected by usb to a laptop running windows 11.
Has anyone had this problem with a bluetooth connection or the problem only occurs with windows on USB connection?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,143 of 1,594
Now I'm concerned about some reports of the drastic increase in volume.
Today after a few hours of listening, in a small adjustment on the blu, the volume went up so much that I had to immediately remove the heaphones.
What a dangerous situation...Now I'm scared.
It happened with the dac connected by usb to a laptop running windows 11.
Has anyone had this problem with a bluetooth connection or the problem only occurs with windows on USB connection?
Is your firmware up to date?

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #1,149 of 1,594
Its not in play store.
You have to download the apk.

I think its included in the firmware package (from Ifi download page).
thanks

@iFi audio please can you pm me with link to access the apk? I removed the stickers off my go blu and don't keep packaging so i can't register online with serial for access on the website to the software. Thanks!

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #1,150 of 1,594
thanks

@iFi audio please can you pm me with link to access the apk? I removed the stickers off my go blu and don't keep packaging so i can't register online with serial for access on the website to the software. Thanks!
Use any 8 digit code that starts with 54050xxx.. so you really don’t need serial number.. quick note make sure you disconnect go blu from device before upgrade. Run apk make sure you give full access to location permissions and try using downloads folder on Android or iCloud on iOS but there you can use the Gaia app from apple store

Last but not least .. after upgrade remove all app permissions as I don’t know why it needs contacts and location permissions

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #1,151 of 1,594
I have seen strange behavior with poweramp player and go blu on Android 11 and one plus 8T. For example, If I select LDAC on Sony WM1z it by default chooses LDAC sound priority with go blu. Straightforward enough. If I use UE fits on both Sony WM1z and poweramp, it chooses Aptx or in case of onepus 8T Aptx + TWS. Again straightforward enough. Now the tricky part if I choose Aptx or Aptx HD on one plus 8T, poweramp shows that it is sending it corresponding codecs and strength as selected to Go blu. Now, If I select Aptx Adaptive, poweramp actually sends LDAC high quality not Aptx HD which I thought it would to Go blu. If I choose LDAC on one plus 8T it sends LDAC best effort to go blu .. so does this mean Aptx adaptive always chooses the highest quality codec available on device even though that may be non Aptx when used with go blu. It only does this with Go blu. Thoughts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-173959~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220202-173959~2.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220124-181726~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220124-181726~2.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #1,152 of 1,594
Use any 8 digit code that starts with 54050xxx.. so you really don’t need serial number.. quick note make sure you disconnect go blu from device before upgrade. Run apk make sure you give full access to location permissions and try using downloads folder on Android or iCloud on iOS but there you can use the Gaia app from apple store

Last but not least .. after upgrade remove all app permissions as I don’t know why it needs contacts and location permissions
Hey now all! 2 things. 1) Animal Rush, I think you mean a 10 digit code? At least with IOS devices you are required to enter a 10 digit code. 2). The firmware update section at IFI Audio .com indicates that the firmware update is only good for an Android device. No option for an IOS device. I went ahead and downloaded anyway, and have had success updating firmware via my Apple iPhone......

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #1,153 of 1,594
Hey now all! 2 things. 1) Animal Rush, I think you mean a 10 digit code? At least with IOS devices you are required to enter a 10 digit code. 2). The firmware update section at IFI Audio .com indicates that the firmware update is only good for an Android device. No option for an IOS device. I went ahead and downloaded anyway, and have had success updating firmware via my Apple iPhone......
I have used 8 digit before I think, but I guess 10 is what comes with go blu so pad zeros accordingly. The package on ifi site includes the Apk and firmware as bin files all bundled up. For android use Apk and then use bin files in Apk, in iOS use the store app instead of Apk and use bin files. I have done both and it works

Mar 6, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #1,154 of 1,594
I've moved back to using the Miter case (with a keyring and carabiner). The clip on the iFi case doesn't seem strong enough for what I'm using it for. It has a tendency to fall off my person (on more than one occasion). Almost actually lost my iFi Go Blu due to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back