iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Apr 6, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #1,171 of 1,594
Hey guys, went to power up my ifi the other day and noticed that the led on the xbass/xspace/xbass+space modes went from yellow/cyan/white to red/blue/pink out of nowhere one day. Anyone else experiencing this? Also swear the device sounds different now. Any help would be appreciated
did you try a factory reset? There's a hole on the button in which you can put a paperclip or something small into reset it.

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #1,172 of 1,594
What would really help from ifi reps on site to tell when new firmware is available.. I just found out new one is available now. As there is no app there is no way to know when something is available. Communication doesn’t seem to be a strong suit of ifi

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #1,173 of 1,594
Yeah, if you go to ifi’s website and under the support section you can download them.

The latest which came out 01/19/2022 is 3.09.

This is a screen grab of the firmware files. You’ll get several of them when you download the zip.
Thanks just updated my device to 3.09. I still have hiss on my K10s and sound signature is same. Read the notes it looks like a soft update .. few bugs and new sound called “dunhill lighter” for Bluetooth connection confirmation.,

Ps: doing update on iOS is so much better than android. Just add file to iCloud and you are good to go with Gaia app. On my android it was a nightmare

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #1,174 of 1,594
Hey guys, went to power up my ifi the other day and noticed that the led on the xbass/xspace/xbass+space modes went from yellow/cyan/white to red/blue/pink out of nowhere one day. Anyone else experiencing this? Also swear the device sounds different now. Any help would be appreciated
Mine is still showing yellow white cyan even after fw upgrade to 3.09. Device still sounds same to me but I have set mine to standard phase not min phase. It goes red blue pink only when pairing. So if you have disconnected from device manually it searches for it and flashes red blue and pink

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #1,175 of 1,594
Mine is still showing yellow white cyan even after fw upgrade to 3.09. Device still sounds same to me but I have set mine to standard phase not min phase. It goes red blue pink only when pairing. So if you have disconnected from device manually it searches for it and flashes red blue and pink
To be honest I don't really hear much of a difference between the various modes myself. Not like my iDSD signature which xbass and 3D space are very obvious. I might hear somewhat of a bass boost but definitely not as much as their other units. I wonder if that's something they're still adjusting with different firmware updates. I also have mine set to standard phase.

Apr 8, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,176 of 1,594

It's because you accidentally hit the correct combinations to enter firmware selection mode!

Switching the firmware will provide a slightly different sound.

did you try a factory reset? There's a hole on the button in which you can put a paperclip or something small into reset it.

Always a good tip to keep in mind!

What would really help from ifi reps on site to tell when new firmware is available.. I just found out new one is available now. As there is no app there is no way to know when something is available. Communication doesn’t seem to be a strong suit of ifi

We appreciate the feedback and will work to improve that when new firmware drops!

Apr 8, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #1,177 of 1,594
It's because you accidentally hit the correct combinations to enter firmware selection mode!

We appreciate the feedback and will work to improve that when new firmware drops!
Haha I can't tell if I like it more or less LMAO. Sounds more detailed almost but less full? Why does it sound different in this mode

Apr 11, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,178 of 1,594

I just updated to 3.09 and have found that my sound effects LED colors have changed. They are now red, blue, and magenta (in that order), as opposed to the yellow, cyan, white that I was used to and that the manual describes.

I tried factory resetting, but that did nothing. I tried changing the digital filter (described in the manual) and that also had no effect.

You say that some special button combo changes the firmware... Care to elaborate? The manual doesn't mention it and I can't figure it out.

Apr 11, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #1,179 of 1,594
This whole thing is so strange .. I have 3.09 and my colors are yellow cyan and white. It shows I have 3.09. This whole firmware swap thing sound hokam to me. Ifi needs to clear this as the whole release notes doesn’t mention any of this.. as I mentioned in my note earlier communication is not ifi strong suit

Apr 11, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #1,181 of 1,594
I just updated to 3.09 and have found that my sound effects LED colors have changed. They are now red, blue, and magenta (in that order), as opposed to the yellow, cyan, white that I was used to and that the manual describes.

I tried factory resetting, but that did nothing. I tried changing the digital filter (described in the manual) and that also had no effect.

You say that some special button combo changes the firmware... Care to elaborate? The manual doesn't mention it and I can't figure it out.

1649733650645.png

Here you are!

This whole thing is so strange .. I have 3.09 and my colors are yellow cyan and white. It shows I have 3.09. This whole firmware swap thing sound hokam to me. Ifi needs to clear this as the whole release notes doesn’t mention any of this.. as I mentioned in my note earlier communication is not ifi strong suit

Happy to check if we have more release notes for you.

I tried factory resetting and my colors still different and still sounds difrrent

In what capacity? Can you run through these buttons, and let me know if you can revert back to the original firmware you were on.

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #1,182 of 1,594
Ps: doing update on iOS is so much better than android. Just add file to iCloud and you are good to go with Gaia app. On my android it was a nightmare
Have not updated my Go Blu at all until now (was lazy...) - but planning to do so soon. Where exactly do I find the detailed information on how to update via iOS or Mac?

Apr 12, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #1,183 of 1,594

Here you are!

Happy to check if we have more release notes for you.

In what capacity? Can you run through these buttons, and let me know if you can revert back to the original firmware you were on.
Hi Sebastien,

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. Not only that, but my device behaves differently then described in that feature guide image. The manual (which has been updated with info on this) calls this feature "Digital Filters". However my unit only has two options, NO LED light or Magenta LED light. There is no green, and it doesn't 'flash', it stays illuminated.
ifi man.png

Here is a video of me showing the odd sound effects color LEDs, and showing how chancing the digital filter does change anything. (Change the resolution quality to higher then 360p or download for clearer colors)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BCmkufjbOs5mkcKl0lxAAeMFLZxHAG-Z/view?usp=sharing
or

As you can see from the video, I follow the steps in that Bonus Feature guide / Digital Filter instructions in the manual, but my options are different, and they don't affect the sound effect LED colors.

Should I open a ticket with support? I'd prefer my unit to behave the way it did previously... or at least be able to switch back and forth so I can determine if I like the changes.

Thanks,
Mark

EDIT: quoted wrong post. Added youtube link.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #1,184 of 1,594
Hi Sebastien,

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. Not only that, but my device behaves differently then described in that feature guide image. The manual (which has been updated with info on this) calls this feature "Digital Filters". However my unit only has two options, NO LED light or Magenta LED light. There is no green, and it doesn't 'flash', it stays illuminated.
ifi man.png

Here is a video of me showing the odd sound effects color LEDs, and showing how chancing the digital filter does change anything. (Change the resolution quality to higher then 360p or download for clearer colors)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BCmkufjbOs5mkcKl0lxAAeMFLZxHAG-Z/view?usp=sharing
or

As you can see from the video, I follow the steps in that Bonus Feature guide / Digital Filter instructions in the manual, but my options are different, and they don't affect the sound effect LED colors.

Should I open a ticket with support? I'd prefer my unit to behave the way it did previously... or at least be able to switch back and forth so I can determine if I like the changes.

Thanks,
Mark

EDIT: quoted wrong post. Added youtube link.

Thanks for going so in depth with this. I'll check internally for you!

Apr 12, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #1,185 of 1,594
Have not updated my Go Blu at all until now (was lazy...) - but planning to do so soon. Where exactly do I find the detailed information on how to update via iOS or Mac?
Go to apple store .. download ifi Gaia .. app, then follow instructions on screen. Better to download the fw and unzip it and upload to iCloud. On setting tab scroll to iCloud select .bin file with 3.09 for software . it way faster than android
F8ECFD55-C84E-4782-84D7-ACFE724DC16D.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back