iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Apr 12, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #1,186 of 1,594
1649733650645.png

Here you are!

Happy to check if we have more release notes for you.

In what capacity? Can you run through these buttons, and let me know if you can revert back to the original firmware you were on.
I thought when you said fw I thought you meant 3.05 vs 3.09. But what you are sharing is filters which I know works as described since 3.05. Also there is no sound change between fw but sound change between filters. Atleast to my ears

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #1,187 of 1,594
Go to apple store .. download ifi Gaia .. app, then follow instructions on screen. Better to download the fw and unzip it and upload to iCloud. On setting tab scroll to iCloud select .bin file with 3.09 for software . it way faster than android
F8ECFD55-C84E-4782-84D7-ACFE724DC16D.png
Thanks a lot!!! Just out of interest: Where exactly do I find this info officially from iFi?

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,188 of 1,594
Thanks a lot!!! Just out of interest: Where exactly do I find this info officially from iFi?

We have mentioned this on our website and several times on our socials.

Also, just ask here if you ever need official confirmation - this is how to update on iOS correctly!

Apr 16, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #1,189 of 1,594
Always felt the Go Blu was a little over priced. I have had the Zen Blue and hip-dac 1 for some time and like the iFi sound, so when I saw eBay UK giving 20% discount from good shops, I decided to join the club. Wasn't disappointed, iFi do get the best out of the DAC. With my Sony Xperia 5ii there is a bit of a pain though. It always defaults to start in APTX and I have to go into 'developer options' of Android 11 to tell it to play LDAC 990kbps at 96 khz which the Go Blu woman's voice does tell me it is playing. It always has to be told in each start of the phone in developer options. Nevertheless the sound quality is really good and stable...with the Xperia 5ii. The design fault of not having a lanyard like on the Radsone ES100 means I have to leave it in its little pouch and fix a lanyard to the pouch in order to have it round my neck. I am impressed by the sound and build. Definitely worth 159 quid and to listen at 990kbs at 96 khz, 4.4mm, with a secure signal is a good thing. Lovely quality bit of gear. I notice a new case with a clip, sorry iFi but it should have had a lanyard tooled in right from the start. It's like having a shopping bag without a carrying handle.....silly.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,191 of 1,594
100% True,

It is usually when you arrived last you got everything right but in the Go Blu case not the same, with the current feature sets it must not go beyond $140 to 150.
I actually think it's pretty fair. To me it sounds better than my old Dragonfly Cobalt, which was over £200, but the go blu has added features and bluetooth. Pretty darn good imo

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #1,192 of 1,594
My first post in like 5+ years I think.... I want an iFi goblu .... but there is no clip and the case that has a clip looks ugly.... what do i do ?

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #1,193 of 1,594
My first post in like 5+ years I think.... I want an iFi goblu .... but there is no clip and the case that has a clip looks ugly.... what do i do ?
Just saying. It's a personal decision. There is no perfect solution to most things. Trade-offs ensue. It's up to you whether or not the negative outweigh the positive, for you...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #1,194 of 1,594
Actually there is a tiny little bag/ holder type sac in the Go Blu box. I fixed a lanyard on it so can wear it round my neck, so will not need the case. The clip on the case doesn't seem that much use anyway. The sound of the Go Blu is a big improvement on both the Radsone ES100 and my FiiO BTR3 (which I use for my TV).

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,195 of 1,594
Actually there is a tiny little bag/ holder type sac in the Go Blu box. I fixed a lanyard on it so can wear it round my neck, so will not need the case. The clip on the case
So I bought the Go Blu... and am buying a https://www.dsptch.com/collections/key/products/fidlock-key-chain-male-side traditonal airpods case to use with my many attachments on the dsptch key collection. I think this will work well... but worst case is I buy that 3rd party case and attach it to a dsptch key ring and hang it from my clothes. I think it will work out ok. otherwise... its only a few hundred dollars sunk.... not the worst thing in the world... rip. But I think I will be OK if i end up having to just pocket it... it just wont be ideal. I may try and source a custom case eventually if I like the sound enough.

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,196 of 1,594
So I bought the Go Blu... and am buying a https://www.dsptch.com/collections/key/products/fidlock-key-chain-male-side traditonal airpods case to use with my many attachments on the dsptch key collection. I think this will work well... but worst case is I buy that 3rd party case and attach it to a dsptch key ring and hang it from my clothes. I think it will work out ok. otherwise... its only a few hundred dollars sunk.... not the worst thing in the world... rip. But I think I will be OK if i end up having to just pocket it... it just wont be ideal. I may try and source a custom case eventually if I like the sound enough.
When you get the Go Blu try to see if you can use the tiny little drawstring bag that comes with it, creatively. LDAC sounds great through this lovely bit of kit.

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #1,198 of 1,594
Just saying. It's a personal decision. There is no perfect solution to most things. Trade-offs ensue. It's up to you whether or not the negative outweigh the positive, for you...

Great life advice to live by!

Actually there is a tiny little bag/ holder type sac in the Go Blu box. I fixed a lanyard on it so can wear it round my neck, so will not need the case. The clip on the case doesn't seem that much use anyway. The sound of the Go Blu is a big improvement on both the Radsone ES100 and my FiiO BTR3 (which I use for my TV).

When you get the Go Blu try to see if you can use the tiny little drawstring bag that comes with it, creatively. LDAC sounds great through this lovely bit of kit.

Thanks so much!

Anyone here had a problem with over-heating of the Go Blu? Mine got over-heated and stopped working.

It's not a common thing we see here. May I ask what was going on when this happened, and what headphones you were using it with?

Apr 20, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #1,199 of 1,594
Thanks for going so in depth with this. I'll check internally for you!
Hi Sebastien,

Any update on this?

I've tried factory reset, factory settings reset, and reflashing the latest firmware (v3.09). I still have the different LED colors on the top , sound effects, LED.

I verified that the problem is both while connected via Bluetooth and connected via USB. Still the same red blue magenta colors.

Was this an intended update? I haven't tried flashing back to 3.05 yet.

Best,
Mark

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,200 of 1,594
It's not a common thing we see here. May I ask what was going on when this happened, and what headphones you were using it with?
I was charging it when the over heating happened and it started smelling weird. I used iems with it. U12t and GS Audio Se12. I tried reaching ifi but they told me to bring the proof of purchase before they can look into my issue. I do not have the proof of purchase to provide them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back