iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Nov 21, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #766 of 1,594
I have the same issue form time to time, I have to rotate the plug to fix it. So It might not be the cable issue.
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I literally can't put the unit in my pocket and go for a bike ride using the 4.4. It cuts in and out. What's the point of having 4.4 if it doesn't work? Anyone else having this kind of issue? The whole point of the damn unit is so that you can, "Go." Perhaps there's unit variance with the 4.4 connection? Will probably send it back for a replacement and see if I can get one with a properly functioning 4.4.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #767 of 1,594
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I literally can't put the unit in my pocket and go for a bike ride using the 4.4. It cuts in and out. What's the point of having 4.4 if it doesn't work? Anyone else having this kind of issue? The whole point of the damn unit is so that you can, "Go." Perhaps there's unit variance with the 4.4 connection? Will probably send it back for a replacement and see if I can get one with a properly functioning 4.4.
Well , my issues isn't that extreme so I can live with it, but also I didn’t do any bike riding with them. Did you try to check with other 4.4 cables. It might just be the cable too. It's better to check to be sure.

Nov 21, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #768 of 1,594
I have heard stories that say some official Pentacomm 4.4mm socket (which iFi is using) has particularly tight tolerance that sometime they have problem with non-official 4.4mm plug. I have even saw cable maker goes as far as to issue warning that their cable with an non-official 4.4mm plug might not be completely compatible with official Pentacomm socket. So that could be a reason.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #770 of 1,594
I had a similar issue; connecting my cable into the 4.4mm socket resulted in the multi-function rotary dial and button to stop working completely.
And I tried a custom cable, but also an official Fiio cable and Kinera Audio cable.

I'm waiting for a replacement unit, hoping it doesn't have these issues.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #771 of 1,594
I had a similar issue; connecting my cable into the 4.4mm socket resulted in the multi-function rotary dial and button to stop working completely.
And I tried a custom cable, but also an official Fiio cable and Kinera Audio cable.

I'm waiting for a replacement unit, hoping it doesn't have these issues.
The rotary dial double click to forward function pauses mine half the time instead of jumping forward. Too many issues. Sending mine back as well.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #772 of 1,594
So I received my Go Blu today, but I have a strange issue. Whenever something is connected to the 4.4mm port, the rotary buttons doesn't work. No volume, no play pause.
If I plug something into the 3.5mm port, no issue (although play/pause doesn't really work all that well).

Anybody have an idea what's going on with my unit, perhaps @Sebastien Chiu ?

Please get a replacement with us! This does not seem standard practice at all.

Ok tried go blu on 2 transatlantic flights each over 10 hrs . Kept setting on LDAC and used it with K10s.. many had their Bluetooth devices three of them just next to me. No interference or drops. Range was still the same as it when I am at home which is short. Super impressed.. reason. I get nearly the same quality sound as my WM1z from my phone at fraction of weight. I just tucked go blu in my coin pocket of the Jean.. sound isolation with K10s is so good all engine noise vanished. Tried my UE fits also on the same flight but sound isolation was no where close and switched to go blu.. this is a great proposition for anyone to use their high end ciem for travel without using dedicated DAP and no compromise on sound. I had to charge go blu during stopover for me to have decent playtime over two legs of 10 hrs journey. I think I got 5-6 hrs on LDAC best quality 30% volume and xbass.I think this puts a final nail in the coffin for me buying ANC TWS iems..

Thanks so much! Glad we were able to support your flight. I am flying soon, myself, for the first time pre-pandemic and can't wait to test the Go Blu!

The rotary dial double click to forward function pauses mine half the time instead of jumping forward. Too many issues. Sending mine back as well.

Thanks for reporting this us. I'll send this feedback to our team!

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #773 of 1,594
I've been following this thread with interest and I am tempted by this device, particularly regarding the excellent sound quality that has been reported... but I do worry about the BT issue and the ability to update on my Apple devices. If I can't update I may not be able to wire connect to my iPhone.

So, for now, I will stick to the small Hidizs AP80 Pro DAP that I have been using ... which gives me wired and BT connections to iPhone that works very well for streaming, with the Drop HD58X Jubilee and IEMs.

When the issues are resolved I will look at this fantastic iFi device again.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #774 of 1,594
Please get a replacement with us! This does not seem standard practice at all.

Thanks so much! Glad we were able to support your flight. I am flying soon, myself, for the first time pre-pandemic and can't wait to test the Go Blu!

Thanks for reporting this us. I'll send this feedback to our team!
Are there recommended 4.4 cables for this unit? Is it not compatible with all 4.4 cables? This is getting very frustrating because even though I ordered through Amazon Prime they will not easily let me return it for a replacement. I've been on the phone with them for a half hour now. At this point I may just steer clear of this product all together.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #775 of 1,594
I've been following this thread with interest and I am tempted by this device, particularly regarding the excellent sound quality that has been reported... but I do worry about the BT issue and the ability to update on my Apple devices. If I can't update I may not be able to wire connect to my iPhone.

So, for now, I will stick to the small Hidizs AP80 Pro DAP that I have been using ... which gives me wired and BT connections to iPhone that works very well for streaming, with the Drop HD58X Jubilee and IEMs.

When the issues are resolved I will look at this fantastic iFi device again.
fyi, I'm fully integrated with the Apple ecosystem and was able to update the firmware. Also I purchased the ifi cable with the lightening plug. you can then get wired BT.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #776 of 1,594
Are there recommended 4.4 cables for this unit? Is it not compatible with all 4.4 cables? This is getting very frustrating because even though I ordered through Amazon Prime they will not easily let me return it for a replacement. I've been on the phone with them for a half hour now. At this point I may just steer clear of this product all together.
I use effect Audio lionheart or Sony kimber cable terminated to a 4.4 mm plug not pentoconn branded. The fit is very tight. At first I had no sound coming and found I had about 2 mm gap. Making it flush fixed it. My guess is your cable may not be seated just a guess..

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #777 of 1,594
fyi, I'm fully integrated with the Apple ecosystem and was able to update the firmware. Also I purchased the ifi cable with the lightening plug. you can then get wired BT.
+1.. even though I am full android user. I upgraded firmware on iPad using their app. Much quicker than android

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #778 of 1,594
I use effect Audio lionheart or Sony kimber cable terminated to a 4.4 mm plug not pentoconn branded. The fit is very tight. At first I had no sound coming and found I had about 2 mm gap. Making it flush fixed it. My guess is your cable may not be seated just a guess..
My problem is that when the cable is fully seated there's no left channel. I have to just barely pull back on it to get left channel but then any movement of the cable causes it to lose left channel again. The sound comes in and out with the slightest movement or touch, which makes using it on the go worthless.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #779 of 1,594
OK ... thank-you ... I had not heard that the update issue was resolved. Presumably they are still working on the Bluetooth issue.

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #780 of 1,594
My problem is that when the cable is fully seated there's no left channel. I have to just barely pull back on it to get left channel but then any movement of the cable causes it to lose left channel again. The sound comes in and out with the slightest movement or touch, which makes using it on the go worthless.
Have you tried the same cable on other 4.4mm devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back