iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #751 of 1,594
4.4 is not adjacent to the
20211026_133514.JPG
button, so the problem is probably not mechanical, but electrical.

Nov 13, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #752 of 1,594
4.4 is not adjacent to the 20211026_133514.JPGbutton, so the problem is probably not mechanical, but electrical.
Well, the 4.4mm is right next to the mechanical button. It is not touching in your unit, but it might be in mine. I don’t see why only the 4.4mm being in use would cause this issue in any other way.

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #753 of 1,594
I can get an xCan for around the same price, if you don't care about the size which is the technically better amp?

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #755 of 1,594
I'm not dropping the iPhone,lol. But it's clear withy Sony phone it sounds much more Dynamic with my IEMs . Don't need a blind test really.
Just got a Go Blu in for review. Beautiful little dongle that punches well above its weight so far. But like you've discovered, if you're connecting via BT, LDAC is the only option really. AAC is not great, and SBC is an absolute no-go. The differences aren't small either, especially with more complex and nuanced music. Go wired, go LDAC, or SQ won't be anywhere near optimal is my suggestion. Same goes for TWS IEMs, LDAC only for me. One of the reasons I ditched iPhone a while back already.

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #756 of 1,594
Just got a Go Blu in for review. Beautiful little dongle that punches well above its weight so far. But like you've discovered, if you're connecting via BT, LDAC is the only option really. AAC is not great, and SBC is an absolute no-go. The differences aren't small either, especially with more complex and nuanced music. Go wired, go LDAC, or SQ won't be anywhere near optimal is my suggestion. Same goes for TWS IEMs, LDAC only for me. One of the reasons I ditched iPhone a while back already.
Yeah, stupid Apple ,lol. Luckily I still have my Android phone.
It's a great device. Even at home I'm reaching for it over my Daps because of how convenient it is to use. And the SQ isn't much of a compromise.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #757 of 1,594
So I received my Go Blu today, but I have a strange issue. Whenever something is connected to the 4.4mm port, the rotary buttons doesn't work. No volume, no play pause.
If I plug something into the 3.5mm port, no issue (although play/pause doesn't really work all that well).

Anybody have an idea what's going on with my unit, perhaps @Sebastien Chiu ?

Please open up a support ticket with us and we can get a replacement to you or through your distributor. This is not common!

I can get an xCan for around the same price, if you don't care about the size which is the technically better amp?

The Go Blu has the latest and greatest tech in it.

It's a great device. Even at home I'm reaching for it over my Daps because of how convenient it is to use. And the SQ isn't much of a compromise.

Thanks so much!

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #758 of 1,594
I heard it at CanJam. I loved it with MEST mkii, but with EVO is was pretty bad. Wondering if you here it the same way.

Nov 15, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #759 of 1,594
Please open up a support ticket with us and we can get a replacement to you or through your distributor. This is not common!

The Go Blu has the latest and greatest tech in it.

Thanks so much!
Already sent in a support ticket before the weekend. Thank you for your reply! :)

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #760 of 1,594
Nov 15, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #761 of 1,594
I heard it at CanJam. I loved it with MEST mkii, but with EVO is was pretty bad. Wondering if you here it the same way.
Haven't tried it with EVO yet since I don't expect to use EVO on the go (which is what the Go is for, in my use case). But I'll have a listen with it tomorrow and post feedback here. It's great with the IE 900, and X-bass is excellent for adding a bit of extra kick without bloom.

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #762 of 1,594
Ok tried go blu on 2 transatlantic flights each over 10 hrs . Kept setting on LDAC and used it with K10s.. many had their Bluetooth devices three of them just next to me. No interference or drops. Range was still the same as it when I am at home which is short. Super impressed.. reason. I get nearly the same quality sound as my WM1z from my phone at fraction of weight. I just tucked go blu in my coin pocket of the Jean.. sound isolation with K10s is so good all engine noise vanished. Tried my UE fits also on the same flight but sound isolation was no where close and switched to go blu.. this is a great proposition for anyone to use their high end ciem for travel without using dedicated DAP and no compromise on sound. I had to charge go blu during stopover for me to have decent playtime over two legs of 10 hrs journey. I think I got 5-6 hrs on LDAC best quality 30% volume and xbass.I think this puts a final nail in the coffin for me buying ANC TWS iems..

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #763 of 1,594
Got this today, not bad. I did compare it side by side with the Apple Dongle though, the latter has more clarity and space, and is overall better imo.

Also, it is tiny, to the point where i'm thinking, make it 30% bigger (which will have zero effect on portability) and have better battery.

Edit: Few days in with this

Ive tested it a lot with campfire solaris & b&w P9

It adds space, which is nice. But the vocal range is hurt, its very obvious listening to female vocals to me (lana del rey) that the go blu makes vocals smaller and less resolved than the apple dongle. Ive somewhat intensely gone back and forth to check, second for second in songs.

This at least isnt for me. Id rather get the improved SQ of the dongle and plug in. I encourage anyone with this to check vs the apple dongle to see if youre £200 is worth it.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #764 of 1,594
Received my unit and having problems with the balanced output. I ordered a 4.4 Tripowin C8 8-Core Silver Copper Foil Braided cable and it is not making a solid connection. When I plug the cable in all the way I lose the left channel. If I very slightly pull the cable back out the left channel comes in but then any bump to the cable causes the left channel sound to go out and come back in. Not sure if this is an issue with the ifi or the cable. Sending the cable back to Amazon to try a different 4.4.

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #765 of 1,594
Received my unit and having problems with the balanced output. I ordered a 4.4 Tripowin C8 8-Core Silver Copper Foil Braided cable and it is not making a solid connection. When I plug the cable in all the way I lose the left channel. If I very slightly pull the cable back out the left channel comes in but then any bump to the cable causes the left channel sound to go out and come back in. Not sure if this is an issue with the ifi or the cable. Sending the cable back to Amazon to try a different 4.4.
I have the same issue form time to time, I have to rotate the plug to fix it. So It might not be the cable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back