iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 13, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #181 of 1,588
Curious how this stacks up against the hip dac.
100 percent. I own the hip-dac and LOVE it, but I wonder if this thing sounds even better with more practicality due to Bluetooth and the smaller size.

The comments by @jeffri about long battery life also tempt, as my only complaint about the hip-dac is subpar battery life.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #183 of 1,588
100 percent. I own the hip-dac and LOVE it, but I wonder if this thing sounds even better with more practicality due to Bluetooth and the smaller size.

The comments by @jeffri about long battery life also tempt, as my only complaint about the hip-dac is subpar battery life.
Oh I didn't even realize the hip-dac was non-BT, been speculating on getting one but I think I'll take the BT flexibility. As you mentioned I'm curious about output power and battery life differences.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #186 of 1,588
Dear Head-fiers,

I'm currently looking for a portable Amp/DAC for my headphones:
  • Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire
    • Impedance: 13 Ohms
    • Sound pressure level (SPL): 92 dB
  • Sennheiser HD660s
    • Impedance:150 Ohms
    • Sound pressure level (SPL): 104 dB
Both headphones will be run mainly balanced through a 4.4mm pentaconn jack.
So I'm just wondering if iFi GO BLU could be a good match in particular for DCA Aeon 2 Noire.
Will I have enough power/level for both headphones ?

Should I check to iFi Hip-Dac instead or to any other portable solution ?

Thanks to you all for your help.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #188 of 1,588
Dear Head-fiers,

• Sennheiser HD660s
So I'm just wondering if iFi GO BLU could be a good match in particular for DCA Aeon 2 Noire.

The Noire are the concerning ones, but if you don’t listen too loud then it should be fine. It really depends on how loud you want them to be.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #189 of 1,588
It seems to get a bit smoother as time goes on. I like this sound sig, not very technical but enjoyable. The only thing I hope it could be improved is to have lower noise level. :)

One thing I noticed, let me know if you can confirm... I paired it to a second device, which I only occasionally use. But then each time I turned it on again, it won't automatically connect to my first device anymore. I had to manually connect it instead, despite it being the last device I connected to.

Thank you!

I'll check in on the pairing thing, thanks for catching that.
Looks cool. I *just* got the Qudelix 5K, so I'm not gonna buy anything else anytime soon, but I love the design.

Thank you!

@Sebastien Chiu Which device has more output power, the hip-dac or GO blu? I'm heading toward pretty much all planar, all the time, and they are power-hungry.

LOVE my hip-dac, by the way!

Thanks!

The hip-DAC is more powerful but has trade-offs including the battery life of est 6 hours and it being tied to a wired connection.

The Go Blu is no slouch though, especially on the 4.4mm port - and should be enough to get planars to a good listening volume but I would need to know what to give a more accurate thought.

Which CS chip is inside?

We don't usually comment on what chips are inside our production as it's mainly the implementation that matters to us. You can find it!

Did they actually already sell out in the US or is my Amazon just tripping?
cause when i go there from the GO Blu page it says theyre out of stock

It would not shock me considering the demand we have seen for this.

Rest assured, we are re-stocking as quick as we can.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #191 of 1,588
Dear Head-fiers,

• Sennheiser HD660s

I am able to drive my Noire with the Qudelix 5K (just tried out of curiosity). I dont really use them that way since the Noire dont really leave the house but if you do a search online, you will find others actually do this. Assume the Go should be able to as well if you dont listen at loud volume. Just dont expect to get the best out of the Noire. These devices are really about convenience (at least to me).

Just echoing what others have asked, what does this get you in addition to what cheaper alternatives such as the BTR5 or Qudelix 5K already offer besides the physical appearance? Seems like fewer features for more money. Unlike others who have posted here, I love the reporting, customization and PEQ (over LDAC) on the 5K.

If anyone has the Qudelix 5K and one of these, I am sure many of us are eagerly awaiting your impressions and comparisons.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #193 of 1,588
The hip-DAC is more powerful but has trade-offs including the battery life of est 6 hours and it being tied to a wired connection.

The Go Blu is no slouch though, especially on the 4.4mm port - and should be enough to get planars to a good listening volume but I would need to know what to give a more accurate thought.
Thanks, Sebastien. I'm running the HiFiMan HE-400se from my hip-dac. I may upgrade to Sundara later this year.

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #194 of 1,588
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any reason this is double the price of the competition? I'm using the Shanling UP4, which sells for $99, and own the FiiO BTR5, BTR3, ES100, and a few other BT devices in a similar or cheaper price range. I don't see what makes this device better than the competition.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #195 of 1,588
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any reason this is double the price of the competition? I'm using the Shanling UP4, which sells for $99, and own the FiiO BTR5, BTR3, ES100, and a few other BT devices in a similar or cheaper price range. I don't see what makes this device better than the competition.
The name 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back