iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Jun 7, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #197 of 1,190
My review of the iFi Go Bar and then versus Gold Bar and then compared to the Mojo 2. 18 minus long. Any questions, I'll try and answer them.

Glad to hear. I just reserved the first gold bar for Canada.

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #200 of 1,190
Hi everybody,
i have received my Go Bar today and i´m not able to make it work properly with my iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 15.5) and the USB-C to lighting cable included, i have updated FW to 1.54 and still the same, when connecting the included cable the Go Bar doestn power on, only 1 time in 100 tries it worked.
With my Lottoo PAW S2 cable it works fine, and the Lottoo with the ifi cable also works. It´s a problem with the cable, with the Bar?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #201 of 1,190
Hi everybody,
i have received my Go Bar today and i´m not able to make it work properly with my iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 15.5) and the USB-C to lighting cable included, i have updated FW to 1.54 and still the same, when connecting the included cable the Go Bar doestn power on, only 1 time in 100 tries it worked.
With my Lottoo PAW S2 cable it works fine, and the Lottoo with the ifi cable also works. It´s a problem with the cable, with the Bar?

Thanks!!
When you get it up and running, let us know what you think of it compared to S2... :thumbsup:

Jun 7, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #202 of 1,190
My review of the iFi Go Bar and then versus Gold Bar and then compared to the Mojo 2. 18 minus long. Any questions, I'll try and answer them.

Woo thanks for the review! I'm impressed it stacks up equally to the might Mojo2.

After listening more to my Gold Bar on the daily, a few things I wanted to mention the XBass+ and XSpace is really nicely implemented. I thought I would not like it at first and thought it gimmicky and might overpower songs. But I've never really turned them off for really any songs. It's a very slight change to the sound but works well.

Also, compared to my iBasso DX240, playing off Tidal App, strangely enough I think the Gold Bar sounds better. However, playing through UAPP on my DX240, the DX240 sounds better.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #203 of 1,190

It's a good and informative review and I was gobsmacked by two of Gavin's conclusions. Not only did I expected an easy win for the MoJo 2 in pure sound quality (I don't think it lost on SQ, but it was close enough that the Go Bar wins out on convenience, price, and its lack of the Mojo 2's fiddly interface and continued use of micro-USB in 2022) but I didn't expect him to find that the gold version had real sound quality superiority over the regular version.

Jun 8, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #204 of 1,190
Hi everybody,

Thanks!!
Can you try connecting it to a computer?

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #205 of 1,190
With all respect this is totally useless

We're always open to suggestions if you have them!

I just reserved the first gold bar for Canada.

Congratulations! That will be a rarity.

go bar gold runs quite warm

Thanks for the feedback! What headphones do you have and what volume are you driving them at?

Woo thanks for the review! I'm impressed it stacks up equally to the might Mojo2.

After listening more to my Gold Bar on the daily, a few things I wanted to mention the XBass+ and XSpace is really nicely implemented. I thought I would not like it at first and thought it gimmicky and might overpower songs. But I've never really turned them off for really any songs. It's a very slight change to the sound but works well.

Also, compared to my iBasso DX240, playing off Tidal App, strangely enough I think the Gold Bar sounds better. However, playing through UAPP on my DX240, the DX240 sounds better.

Thanks for the insight on the differences! More the merrier here :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #206 of 1,190
IMG_20220608_224734.jpg

They sound far better than I could possibly imagine....

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #210 of 1,190
Gold= more dynamics, greater slam, fuller, meatier and slightly more organic.
More mature and realistic timbre

Aren't the gold and the black Go Bars, with the same HW abd FW?

Thanks

Yes, outside of the enhanced PSU filtering on the Go Bar - they do have slightly different sound signatures overall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back