iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Nov 1, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #661 of 1,211
Nov 1, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #662 of 1,211
Hopefully you’ll get it quickly
There was no charge for Air so I have a feeling it may take a while. But the order is in. I am just hoping I get it. I will keep you all updated. I am listening to a Chord Mojo 2 and trying to hear any difference with my Go Bar. It's tough.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #663 of 1,211
There was no charge for Air so I have a feeling it may take a while. But the order is in. I am just hoping I get it. I will keep you all updated. I ma listening to a Chord Mojo 2 and trying to hear any difference with my Go Bar. It's tough.
Yes, these few centimeters of golden plated copper deliver big and very good sound.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #664 of 1,211
Yes, these few centimeters of golden plated copper deliver big and very good sound.
Just curious, what do you use as a desktop Dac/amp?

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #666 of 1,211
and if you really want one, you can still get one- just search Google. I did, and I paid list price for a limited edition.

Nov 2, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #667 of 1,211
Just curious, what do you use as a desktop Dac/amp?
I have sold my desktop gears years ago. I use to have a Violectric V280 and Schiit Yggy. I just kept a Schiit Jotunheim and a Burson Playmate with upgraded opamp, but I am not using them actually.

My Cayin C9 amp and my DAPs are sufficient .

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #668 of 1,211
Hans,

I just got a Go Bar and updated to 2.20a and it didn’t seem like the filter colours matched the manual.

I think it was the bright lighting I was initially viewing the Go Bar in making the colours look incorrect.

In dull light where the small LED are more clear I see it as you indicated:

Cyan (Green) = Bit Perfect

White = GTO

Red = standard

Yellow = minimum

These match the original colours. 👍

Thanks so much my friend
🙏🏻

my audiobaby ))

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #669 of 1,211
Completely mad about the Gold Bar. Single DD, triple DD, hybrid, tribrid, full BAs, this golden gem makes everything sound full and detailed.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #670 of 1,211
So I am primarily a Headphone user, Focal Utopia, Stellia etc.. I used to be into IEMS and have a collection of $100-400 Dunu etc... Looking for a descent start back into the world of IEMs. My dealer recommended the Meze Advar or something by Blessing to get back into it.

My last IEMS were Shure 535's which had solid bass. I was not too fond of the bloated bass of the 846 but do enjoy 'audiophile bass"- slight V for sure.

I am looking for something to use with my Go Bar that I can return if I hate. For the last couple of years, I've been using several brands of True Wireless, Apple Pro, Bose TW, & Senns. with limited commuting and I primarily use the cans at home. Except in bed.

Any recommendations for $1k or below to start?

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #671 of 1,211
Something that I don’t see any mention of is noise floor with the Go Bar.

Go Bar has a higher noise floor than the Gryphon and out of the 4.4mm with Shanling ME700 the noise floor is loud enough that it can be heard during very quiet passages of music. Out of the 3.5mm it is much quieter, still there with the ME700 but not loud enough to effect listening to music.

Of course the IEMatch is there which makes both outputs silent but I prefer not to use it.

With S12 planar IEM both 4.4mm and 3.5mm are dead quiet and noise floor is not audible with any headphone I own.

I guess that is the price you pay for the power available out if this little dongle.

Anybody else have problems with more sensitive IEM ?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #672 of 1,211
Why would you not use IEMatch? This is literally its use case.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #673 of 1,211
Why would you not use IEMatch? This is literally its use case.
Because it very obviously degrades the sound quality. I use the Go bar with the Thieaudio Monarch MKII, which is not super sensitive. It's dead quiet on the Go bar but I have engaged IEMatch out of curiosity; it's a night and day change for the worse.

Nov 6, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #674 of 1,211
Something that I don’t see any mention of is noise floor with the Go Bar.

Go Bar has a higher noise floor than the Gryphon and out of the 4.4mm with Shanling ME700 the noise floor is loud enough that it can be heard during very quiet passages of music. Out of the 3.5mm it is much quieter, still there with the ME700 but not loud enough to effect listening to music.

Of course the IEMatch is there which makes both outputs silent but I prefer not to use it.

With S12 planar IEM both 4.4mm and 3.5mm are dead quiet and noise floor is not audible with any headphone I own.

I guess that is the price you pay for the power available out if this little dongle.

Anybody else have problems with more sensitive IEM ?
Yes, the noise floor is an issue for me too. It’s the noisiest I’ve heard from a dongle. Even with not-so sensitive IEM’s, I’m hearing background hiss. I also don’t like using IEMatch. I find it kills dynamics too much. Pretty disappointed with the Go Bar’s noisy amp to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back