iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
May 20, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #31 of 1,190
Maybe a good match for my rs2e. Need something warm/mellow. Not to bright
Would you use those a mobile headphone? Or just something to move around the house with?

May 20, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #32 of 1,190
Would you use those a mobile headphone? Or just something to move around the house with?
:wink:around in the house. My tr-amp sounds good. But needs charging

May 20, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #34 of 1,190
Looks like the highest power delivery dongle...all the goodies are there...300mW on SE just beat the hip dac.

Price is similar to PAW S2, looks like a great thing done by the iFi.

The Centrance DacPort HD still holds the title at 337mW @ 33ohm measured by a 3rd party. Although Centrance says it does 775mW but doesn't say under what load.

I already have ifi xcan but somehow I want that limited gold bar edition haha.

May 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #35 of 1,190
Just L&P W2 without display, does it offer anything better?
XBass+, X-space, IEMatch built in. This thing is basically a shrunk down version of the $750 iDSD Micro Signature without the battery and RCA line out. Pretty cool.

Edit: the RCAs are output, not input.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #41 of 1,190
Interesting, i would like to compare this dongle to Jcally JM20, which perhaps use same cirrus DAC....but its sure less powerfull.
Right now my fav mid tier dongle is Questyle M15. This is the real beast to beat. Sound benefit wise, it will be a hard task!

May 20, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #42 of 1,190
Would be interesting to hear how this compares sound-wise to the Zen DAC, the Hip DAC, Gryphon, and the GO Blu. So many products, hard to know which one is exactly right for me.
Also: Cayin RU6 comparison (another expensive balanced dongle).

May 21, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #44 of 1,190
That is a very high power for a dongle that runs off the "external" smartphone battery. For laptop shouldn't be a problem, but not sure if iPhone can handle it when you push the volume higher. Curious to see measurements of current draw when connected to smartphone.
Fiio KA3 which relatively have less power compared to Go Bar already hit powerdraw upper limit from iphone lightning port. So yeah, gimped on iPhone

Apparently there is a work around on android USB-C out.
But yeah, depend on the amp and power efficiency used, it might draw 1000 mAh per hour or more.

To note, Shanling UA5 dongle actually have small battery inside the dongle to get a hybrid mode to have more power efficient high power mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back