iFi audio - Audiophile OTG Cable
Jun 29, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #32 of 67
I did a blind ear test between the samsung otg vs the audioquest otg and this ifi otg.
The first 2 are pure adapters, no wires like the ifi so maybe its not completely the same.
In summary, the samsung was the worse, blur audio..followed by the ifi which is very decent considering the price.. like 15bucks? The most defined audio and best separation is the AQ which is maybe 20 bucks. We weren't testing with earphones but to a 3way competition setup in the car directly connected to the dac. The difference was minimal but noticeable..not by Just me alone but everyone (5pax) that did the test picked the ssme best adapter all playing the same song..

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #33 of 67
I did a blind ear test between the samsung otg vs the audioquest otg and this ifi otg.
The first 2 are pure adapters, no wires like the ifi so maybe its not completely the same.
In summary, the samsung was the worse, blur audio..followed by the ifi which is very decent considering the price.. like 15bucks? The most defined audio and best separation is the AQ which is maybe 20 bucks. We weren't testing with earphones but to a 3way competition setup in the car directly connected to the dac. The difference was minimal but noticeable..not by Just me alone but everyone (5pax) that did the test picked the ssme best adapter all playing the same song..
But haters still going to hate no matter what! The saddest thing is that people do not answer for their words - they judge something they not have experience of. It is not only related to otg cables...basically to everything - cables, dacs, headphones, religion, watches, other people...Nowadays, unfortunately, only in prisons people pays for their words with their life, so many think a lot before they say anything.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #34 of 67
Link to buy for international buyer please?

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #37 of 67
i have no idea how cables play a part in digital audio, all i know is that it definitely does base on A/B testing between various different cables playing the same source, same song to the same output...the ONLY difference is the OTG adapter...Event he USB cable i use is the same furutech cable. Nothing out of the ordinarily expensive....30 dollar usb cable to a 15dollar otg..that's not expensive at all if you're comparing the price of the system i use for testing which is 300x more expensive...but i can be sure...different OTG does indeed affect the output quality..and it's not just my word for it..since i know what adapter i'm using..i do blind testing with many other people..who have no idea what is being used and the result is always the same..

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #38 of 67
My problem with OTG Type C/Micro cables is not at the DAC/Amp connection, but at the DAP/Smartphone connection. Its so easy to tap it just wrong at the phone's connection and freak the phone out so that you have to restart the phone or wait for it to reset whatever protection circuitry it has. Have experienced this issue with my V20, L6, S7 and Note 8 I'd love to see a more security otg connection at the source device, especially since I can't live with out LTE when I go portable.

Jul 4, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #39 of 67
In theory it shouldn't matter..
But actual testing between cheap and expensive cables prove otherwise. Blind testing amoungst several people proved it to be true. It's something that should matter in digital but in actuality it does make a difference..quote a big one at thay

Actually every double blind test i've come across shows the exact opposite. In fact, if cables had such clear and noticeable differences, then someone would have been $1m richer.

If the differences were so noticeable, why do staunch supporters of the religion of audio cables always try and discredit a test rather than prove their point of view?

Yes, i do understand that there 'measurable' differences when using high end hardware or something as simple as RMAA, but 99% of the time they are differences the human ear could never discern.

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #43 of 67
but please, do explain. how does a digital audio converter process digital audio files?
and how does the role of the cable come to play?
Well, I'm not claiming anything about cables improving audio quality although it seems excepted in traditional analog audio that it does. All the talk about how a digital signal is not affected it's just 1's and 0's isn't exactly right. The digital signal going down isn't literally a copy from the file stored on your device it's not just 1's and 0's its voltages representing a digital signal which is then decoded by the dac. That's also where some of the difference between dacs come in the algorithms used to decode the signal. Although there's various types or reclocking regenerating rebalancing the signal I don't think you'd want the original signal to be too far off, which can happen if the cable doesn't have the right resistance etc. So if analog cables quality is known to impact quality why couldn't any cable that has a voltage running through it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back