iFi audio - Audiophile OTG Cable
Jun 22, 2018 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

iFi audio

Sponsor: iFi audio
iFi audio
Audiophile OTG Cable

Introduction

Walking the street to your favourite beat on your Android device should put a spring in your step, but poor sound quality can make you stumble.

iFi audio has launched its own brand of iFi optimized On-The-Go (OTG) cables. Simply, plug one end into your phoneand the other into your DAC and get ready to be blown off your feet as the music hits your eardrums in ultra-clear clarity.

Perfect for android

iFi audio’s OTG cable allows you to extract the digital signal from your DAC with ease. They are perfect for use with Android phones. The USB-C cable is USB3.0 standard and there’s a micro USB version too. Whichever you need, you are good to go.

Plus the USB 3.0 ‘A’ Female connector provides a much more mechanically reliable connection, a factor that not many take into account. This fits directly and snugly into the flat Type A USB port of their micro or nano iDSD Black Label and ensures a strong and steady audio connection.

Solid construction

iFi’s audiophile grade OTG cables are constructed from pure OFHC continuous cast copper, which conducts clean sound between your Android and DAC. And it’s not just the insides that get the iFi treatment. The cables are not only sonically superior but also super smart looking with a sexy ceramic finish to add that touch of class.

The retail price of the OTG Cable is US$15 (ex-tax) or €15/£15 (incl VAT).

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 23, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 67
Are they with or without the 5V power supply line? Cause Android devices force reverse charge and this drains battery. Only solution is to cut the 5V line and use hot shrink to rebuild an otg cable available on market.
Audio cables are already cut off from 5v...

But I don't understand why digital cable are made by exotic cables...lol

Digital signal don't get that affected by cable properties and nowadays most of the DAC are equipped with reclocker and voltage correction...

Still...a good price

So thumbs up

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 67
iFi audio
Audiophile OTG Cable

Introduction

Walking the street to your favourite beat on your Android device should put a spring in your step, but poor sound quality can make you stumble.

iFi audio has launched its own brand of iFi optimized On-The-Go (OTG) cables. Simply, plug one end into your phoneand the other into your DAC and get ready to be blown off your feet as the music hits your eardrums in ultra-clear clarity.

Perfect for android

iFi audio’s OTG cable allows you to extract the digital signal from your DAC with ease. They are perfect for use with Android phones. The USB-C cable is USB3.0 standard and there’s a micro USB version too. Whichever you need, you are good to go.

Plus the USB 3.0 ‘A’ Female connector provides a much more mechanically reliable connection, a factor that not many take into account. This fits directly and snugly into the flat Type A USB port of their micro or nano iDSD Black Label and ensures a strong and steady audio connection.

Solid construction

iFi’s audiophile grade OTG cables are constructed from pure OFHC continuous cast copper, which conducts clean sound between your Android and DAC. And it’s not just the insides that get the iFi treatment. The cables are not only sonically superior but also super smart looking with a sexy ceramic finish to add that touch of class.

The retail price of the OTG Cable is US$15 (ex-tax) or €15/£15 (incl VAT).

Why do they call it Audiophile Cable? Cable can't control sound quality LOL

Jun 23, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 67
I'd like some measurements on that cable compared to a similar style USB cable if they're going to call it superior sound wise.

Sure it looks cool and it's just $15, but it would have been so much better if they just sold it as a good looking cable with quality materials. When you start claiming stuff that's basically impossible and don't put up proof, well that's just stupid.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #12 of 67
My only question is if it will work with my iFi Nano BL and my LG V30. :thinking:

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #13 of 67
Is there a list of retailers that already carry it?

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #14 of 67
IMAG0640.jpg
I'd like some measurements on that cable compared to a similar style USB cable if they're going to call it superior sound wise.

Sure it looks cool and it's just $15, but it would have been so much better if they just sold it as a good looking cable with quality materials. When you start claiming stuff that's basically impossible and don't put up proof, well that's just stupid.

Only measurement I can give you is the tape measure type, sorry. Soundwise I can't tell the difference from my last OTG, an Audioquest Dragontail (even more expensive), physically however the iFi has an extremely flexible cable (unlike the dragontail), micro usb & usb c end is compact (the dragontail plug was too bulky to fit through the slot on the case of my AK70 Mkii) and it's a good looker too. :)

All it says on the box is that the cable is "pure OFHC continuous cast copper cable", so no magic beans

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back