iFi audio - Audiophile OTG Cable
Jun 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #16 of 67
Just $15???? Did I miss a zero or something? A $15 product from IFI? Color me surprised.

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #18 of 67
Just $15???? Did I miss a zero or something? A $15 product from IFI? Color me surprised.

You haven't missed a thing in our message:ksc75smile:

I would pay 15£ for a good OTG regardless of it audiophile malakies. If it's a sturdy cable it's worth it.

Yes, it is indeed.

Is there a list of retailers that already carry it?

Please feel free to ask your local iFi rep, that's the fastest way.

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 24, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #20 of 67
You haven't missed a thing in our message:ksc75smile:

Yes, it is indeed.

Please feel free to ask your local iFi rep, that's the fastest way.
I hope that this is going to be available at China soon , just checked. they never heard of this just yet .
also , I would think if there's a 90Deg connector ( cable to sideway ) will be a good option on OTG cable .

Thanks

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #21 of 67
Ugh so much whining and negativity here,

So let me give you some relevant experience

I pay about $7 for a USB C OTG Cable that I use for audio, my problem with them is every 6 months or so they start to fail... literally the connector wears out and I start getting pops and clicks. The solution is to buy a new cable!

So for $15 if iFi Audio is offering any kind of warranty, assuming the Cable lasts more than 1 full year it'll be well worth the asking price. So will it "improve" the sound quality of my external DAC... maybe, but likely not, though I do imagine it'll last longer than the nameless what ever cable I've been buying! An if it does happen to make a difference big or small that'll be a bonus

But being designed for Audio I imagine and I'm hoping it's also built for multiple plug/unplug cycles. As that's the current problem or fault with what I'm using now!

So thanks as always @iFi audio I'll likely pick one of these up... now and check back in shortly

An issue though, where are these being sold at? Couldn't find em on Amazon, nor did I find a link for them on your website

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #22 of 67
Ugh so much whining and negativity here,

So let me give you some relevant experience

I pay about $7 for a USB C OTG Cable that I use for audio, my problem with them is every 6 months or so they start to fail... literally the connector wears out and I start getting pops and clicks. The solution is to buy a new cable!

So for $15 if iFi Audio is offering any kind of warranty, assuming the Cable lasts more than 1 full year it'll be well worth the asking price. So will it "improve" the sound quality of my external DAC... maybe, but likely not, though I do imagine it'll last longer than the nameless what ever cable I've been buying! An if it does happen to make a difference big or small that'll be a bonus

But being designed for Audio I imagine and I'm hoping it's also built for multiple plug/unplug cycles. As that's the current problem or fault with what I'm using now!

So thanks as always @iFi audio I'll likely pick one of these up... now and check back in shortly

An issue though, where are these being sold at? Couldn't find em on Amazon, nor did I find a link for them on your website
The Apple adapter costs more ($19) and is not that flexible.

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #23 of 67
i don't really think it's snakeoil. It may be digital but the material used also alters the sound. When i first used my free OTG adapter that came with my samsung phone, the sound was very good...but when i used the audioquest OTG adapter (the adapter, not the cable), the audio immediately "opened" up. There was way more clarity vs the samsung OTG. I wasn't the only one saying it..we did several tests with other players as well and every single time, the Audioquest performed better than the Samsung..so yes, i too was a firm believer cables don't matter for digital audio but they really do matter.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #27 of 67
cable doesnt matter coz the signal is digital.
this is for suckers, not audiophiles.
In theory it shouldn't matter..
But actual testing between cheap and expensive cables prove otherwise. Blind testing amoungst several people proved it to be true. It's something that should matter in digital but in actuality it does make a difference..quote a big one at thay

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #30 of 67
as far as what engineering has taught me, a dac processes audio directly and the digital audio it recieves is literally the file stored on your device. thats like arguing that slower internet makes downloaded audio sound crappy.
unless you've bought VEERRYY resistive cable, like tungsten lol, digital audio would not be affected.
its the same argument with a 100$ hdmi cable vs a 10$ one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back