iFi Audio Asks... What (Product) Should We Make Next?
Jan 16, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #76 of 167
may be off topic, but since AMR is the parent company to ifi (I think?) please give an update on the super flagship Diablo DAC

At the Hong Kong High End AV show 2023, it was on display, and AMR/iFi said they would be posting about it, but nothing ended up being shared (this has happened a couple times???) A few photos cropped up from the show floor, but thats it. Still no other word from AMR.

amr.jpg
364798419_689601996517420_8610811675018805525_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #79 of 167
@movinIron hit on a product idea that nobody seems to be doing… portable device interconnects with right angle (90°) plugs/connectors (male>male). Short ones please, and not the giant size plugs like what is on your current 4.4mm > 4.4mm interconnect:
IMG_2368.png

Both 4.4mm > 4.4mm and 3.5mm > 3.5mm cables with right angle connectors would be great!

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #80 of 167
I'd like to see the return of a stand-alone eISL.

You all have data and I only have opinions, but IIRC somewhere you did call it a "late bloomer", and IMO the niche it fills ... ability to drive both Pro and NB Stax and a few others, with a newly manufactured box ... can only grow. Pro/NB Stax amps are old and increasingly fragile if they have not been refurbished.

iESL with a bring-your-own amp offers unparalled flexibility at a very competitive price.

</soapbox>

Add: I do like black.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #81 of 167
Standalone iESL that's cheaper than Phantom.
And bring back a dedicated galvanic isolation solution for USB please!

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #82 of 167
I forgot to mention something....No matter what it is you build do NOT put MQA in there. MQA = NFW.
No Freakin' Way. CD quality is fine. "But ORT", I hear some say, "What about ROON?!"

Roonacy not required. I can find the "Play" and/or "Random Play" buttons on my own. Roon is not a feature, it's a leecher. If some feel differently, good for them. Roonatics all. :beerchug: If whatever you build is Roonacy Ready, I care not one airborne intercourse. Denon offered it for a three month trial and I made it through 2 months and whacked my drive to rid myself of it. Like I said, I can hit the Play button on my own.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #83 of 167
I'd like to see the return of a stand-alone eISL.

You all have data and I only have opinions, but IIRC somewhere you did call it a "late bloomer", and IMO the niche it fills ... ability to drive both Pro and NB Stax and a few others, with a newly manufactured box ... can only grow. Pro/NB Stax amps are old and increasingly fragile if they have not been refurbished.

iESL with a bring-your-own amp offers unparalled flexibility at a very competitive price.

</soapbox>

Standalone iESL that's cheaper than Phantom.
And bring back a dedicated galvanic isolation solution for USB please!
Please, both of you add that it should be black.(unless you really don't want it to be black)
Black is something special for iFi and not just a color

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #84 of 167
Go Blu successor, but with the following:
Support latest BT LE, low latency codecs, and include a USB dongle (PS5, PC). Needs to be dual mode to support connection of BT and USB dongle at the same time.
3.5mm TRRS headset support

The idea is to be able to connect a 3.5mm wired headset to it, and use it paired wirelessly to PS5 via USB dongle.

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #85 of 167
Coming from the fact that I did not end up with a bluetooth ifi product: Make software. 200€ for the Blu and 400€ for the pod is a really steep price to not have the customizability of their lower end competitors. I would just want to have my weird IEMs EQ-d to whatever I want, without having to load it on each of my devices I use these with. If not those, make future hardware updates and revamps with that in mind.

Other than that I would generally want to have a battery powered bluetooth receiver meant to make any dongle wireless.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #87 of 167
A good DAP which will function perfectly with the GO Pod

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #88 of 167
A handheld digital audio transport-only DAP (No DAC, no amp). I'm thinking of something like the xDuoo X10T II. This device would have S/PDIF coaxial and USB outputs, and be designed to work together with dongles and/or portable DAC/Amps like the hip-dac.

Cheers!
Though on my comment I asked for a Dap too;..but wouldnt a transportable DAP be redundant when you got phones that can do similar?
At the Hong Kong High End AV show 2023, it was on display, and AMR/iFi said they would be posting about it, but nothing ended up being shared (this has happened a couple times???) A few photos cropped up from the show floor, but thats it. Still no other word from AMR.

amr.jpg364798419_689601996517420_8610811675018805525_n (1).jpg
this looks like the center stack of a luxury car

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #90 of 167
A desktop all in one Dac-Amp with form factor of Neo or pro iDSD (preferably with internal power supply), that instead of ifi products’ specific physical switches, features native DSP for comprehensive EQ solutions, accessible via an oled small display, that includes different headphone/iem EQ presets, (maybe collab with Oratory?!), and also community profiles can be set. Maybe creat some sort of hub where people can share their EQ profiles. This imaginary thing can also feature network stream. You can name it iDSP maybe? Or ZEN DAC Meta. iDSD nexis?

An iFi UNO with a dedicated mic input and UAC1 (Gamer friendly). Like iFi UNO HYPER?

A USB to male RCA cable with built in DAC. iFi Quantic maybe?

And a portable steamer only (Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, etc) DAP. No Android No bloat apps. Just internal storage + streaming. Go Solo, Go Indie? I think from marketing perspective, iDAP is slightly less interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back