iFi Audio Asks... What (Product) Should We Make Next?
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #46 of 167
make the go Pod better, and make an actual app, preferably a good one, for your multiple Bluetooth products you have OUT RIGHT NOW that don't really have one at all. the gaia app that you have to sideload and manually update firmware with is barely an app really.

then make a new product.

i mean at least take the money from ridiculously overpriced special limited edition collabs like with 64Audio and put that towards an actual app developer.

and listen, while I sold my Go Pods, I still have a Go Blu, and I have the 64 Audio Volur, so I clearly like products both companies make, but, seriously, if you want to do that overpriced stuff, get your wireless products even somewhat current with the times and what consumers want and need.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #47 of 167
I'd like to see a cost effective yet high quality DAC/Amp combo with internal power supply (non switcher) and touch of warmth sound signature. Nice new featureset and NO fluff or overmarketing on the specs. Simple, concise and high quality. Like a Neo but higher quality and not as bright/thin sounding.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #48 of 167
make the go Pod better, and make an actual app, preferably a good one, for your multiple Bluetooth products you have OUT RIGHT NOW that don't really have one at all. the gaia app that you have to sideload and manually update firmware with is barely an app really.

then make a new product.

i mean at least take the money from ridiculously overpriced special limited edition collabs like with 64Audio and put that towards an actual app developer.

and listen, while I sold my Go Pods, I still have a Go Blu, and I have the 64 Audio Volur, so I clearly like products both companies make, but, seriously, if you want to do that overpriced stuff, get your wireless products even somewhat current with the times and what consumers want and need.
Not in the spirit of the original 1st post in this thread, but duly noted none the less.

Again not for criticism or thoughts on existing products, but as pointed out many times the GO Pods were meant to be an "Audiophile Bluetooth" type of product and an "appless experience" but that has been well documented elsewhere.

None the less back to the fun!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #50 of 167
I just can tell what’s on my list of purchases in the nearer future or medium term plan:
- Discman (Not kidding! Coaxial SPDIF out, mp3, gapless play, resume play, NOS mode, detachable shock proof mode, self-exchangeable battery)
- Supercap bank for Zen Can Signature (Did a little diy thing in a cheap case. It instantly improved bass immediacy on Sundara, LCD-2, -X, T1, old DT-100 and I dare say slightly with HD-650. No effect to my ears with Grados. But having small kids running around I need a more reliable solution).
- Single side 90 degree Type-C OTG Cable. The other plug straight.
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet Sennheiser/ Fostex compatible plugs
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet 3.5 mm TRS plugs compatible to Beyerdynamic T1 2nd
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet 2.5 mm TS plugs (Hifiman, Sennheiser, Pryma, Audioquest, …)
- XLR 4 - 4.4 mm Adapter. Single Plug, no cable. (Found 2, but still be waiting for an ifi version)
- 4 x Europlug powercord 3 feet - 1 m.
- 3.5 mm TS plugs cable 50 - 100 cm to connect Discman to Micro iDSD BL.
- DAC with HDMI input, balanced out. (There must be a way to get more out of the halfway affordable SACD/DVD-Audio compatible modern players. Some can‘t even output 44,1 kHz, they deliver 48 kHz from CD.)
- 9 inch straight or j-shaped, then SME-headshell compatible cardanic tonearm (in the 600 - 800 € range. No single point stuff. No idea were to find that…)

With most of that stuff I think I will look in the up to 200,- € range, of course not with the adapters.
The HDMI DAC, if somewhere available, will be more expensive and even a discman of some quality might be.

There are 3 things on my personal wishlist:
- Whatever color you do, black, silver, petrol,… arancia borealis… please never do something in neon, pink, pastel-color, mint or other, let‘s be polite … more female colors.
- Add a ‚we have not forgotten the audiobook fans‘ or something alike to your sites. There are great voices in audiobooks. And also potential customers, liking a warm gut feeling.
- A newer than the 22 year old Burr Brown Chip in your designs. As a slightly more blues, but also (classic) rock and RnB fan, I would definitely add a Zen DAC 3 (Signature?), if it will be designed around an, for example, AKM chip?! No Bluetooth, but what about SPDIF input? (Or HDMI?)

A fan.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #51 of 167
How about a little love for the gamers out there? Maybe a Hip Dac with support for inline mic and UAC1 support? Or if I’m shooting for the stars the first DAC/AMP with a wireless dongle that gives low latency audio that works on consoles and PC. It could turn any high end headphone that has a mic solution into a first class gaming device.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #52 of 167
I just can tell what’s on my list of purchases in the nearer future or medium term plan:
- Discman (Not kidding! Coaxial SPDIF out, mp3, gapless play, resume play, NOS mode, detachable shock proof mode, self-exchangeable battery)
- Supercap bank for Zen Can Signature (Did a little diy thing in a cheap case. It instantly improved bass immediacy on Sundara, LCD-2, -X, T1, old DT-100 and I dare say slightly with HD-650. No effect to my ears with Grados. But having small kids running around I need a more reliable solution).
- Single side 90 degree Type-C OTG Cable. The other plug straight.
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet Sennheiser/ Fostex compatible plugs
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet 3.5 mm TRS plugs compatible to Beyerdynamic T1 2nd
- 4.4 mm headphone cable non-silver 6 - 7 feet 2.5 mm TS plugs (Hifiman, Sennheiser, Pryma,…)
- XLR 4 - 4.4 mm Adapter. Single Plug, no cable.
- 4 x Europlug powercord 3 feet - 1 m.
- 3.5 mm TS plugs cable 50 - 100 cm to connect Discman to Micro iDSD BL.
- DAC with HDMI input, balanced out. (There must be a way to get more out of the halfway affordable SACD/DVD-Audio compatible modern players. Some can‘t even output 44,1 kHz, they deliver 48 kHz from CD.)
- 9 inch straight or j-shaped, then SME-headshell compatible cardanic tonearm (in the 600 - 800 € range. No single point stuff. No idea were to find that…)

With most of that stuff I think I will look in the up to 200,- € range, of course not with the adapters.
The HDMI DAC, if somewhere available, will be more expensive and even a discman of some quality might be.

There are 3 things on my personal wishlist:
- Whatever color you do, black, silver, petrol,… arancia borealis… please never do something in neon, pink, pastel-color, mint or other, let‘s be polite … more female colors.
- Add a ‚we have not forgotten the audiobook fans‘ or something alike to your sites. There are great voices in audiobooks. And also potential customers, liking a warm gut feeling.
- A newer than the 22 year old Burr Brown Chip in your designs. As a slightly more blues, but also (classic) rock and RnB fan, I would definitely add a Zen DAC 3 (Signature?), if it will be designed around an, for example, AKM chip?! No Bluetooth, but what about SPDIF input? (Or HDMI?)

A fan.
I will seriously have to read thru this carefully tomorrow!!

But in all seriousness thank you!!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 16, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #56 of 167
How bout...
  • amp with regenerative power
  • otl or set tube amp
  • EQ
  • DSP
  • master clock
  • DAP
  • USB interface pci card
  • Heavyweight champion of the world belt with built in cup holder and powerbank with the name Doug laser engraved on it
  • iems
  • linear power supply

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #58 of 167
Hey Folks,

Here's your chance to make your voices heard! Simple rules, pick a product that we don't currently make (CD Transport, DDC, LPS, Turntable?) and let us know if you want us to consider making this in the future. You can be as specific as you want, or perhaps just a general product category wish, it is completely up to you!

Let's have some fun here. This thread isn't for insulting or bashing current products, or each other's ideas for that matter. It's just a simple thread for "posting" your ideas on what you think, and what product you would like to see us "have a go" at!

Ready...Set...GO!
A portable CD Player that has a home dock that it mates to. HDMI, Coax and Toslink outputs on the Home Dock and built-in HDMI, Coax and Toslink outputs on the player. The Dock should have a display with essential information easily read on the front of the unit. The player itself should have a smaller version built into the top of the player's lid raised up and title for easier reading. Easily replaced batteries reside in the CD player and can be charged via USB on the go or when docked in your Home.

Both the player and the Home Dock should not be ugly. It should not look like the product of a frAudiophile's ego. It should pay homage to classic CD Players of the past as well as classic turntables with the Dock side of this equation. Use of quality materials and classic styling are very important. It should have a fully functioning remote control. I own and use a CD Player I got off of Amazon that has an optical output. It works great and looks equally as nice.

The entire package should cost no more than $400 U.S. It MUST be a player as it is also a portable and when docked you can foo-foo with an outboard DAC to your ego's content via the HDMI, Coax and Optical outputs.

Just an ORTish thought, sir...

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #59 of 167
I vote for a small portable DAP.

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #60 of 167
Dongle DAC's that don't need adapter or have any visible cabling. Like the TC35 M2/Pro, just don't see enough options like that. 🎧🖖🏽🏕️
ddhifi-tc35pro-1-thumb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back